Any tips for 1st time on a slightly longer cruise?

TheBubbs

My first cruise was a 5 nighter. My last 5 have been 7 nights, Always left wishing I had just a couple more days at sea :)

This time we are on the 11 day Sunshine repositioning cruise in April. Other than expecting to do more laundry on board this time, any tips or suggestions to help us be more prepared? Has anything out of the ordinary sprang up for you back to backers that you hadn't thought of the first time?

The longer the cruise, the more relaxing it is. Cherish those moments of doing absolutely nothing! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My first cruise was a 5 nighter. My last 5 have been 7 nights, Always left wishing I had just a couple more days at sea :)

This time we are on the 11 day Sunshine repositioning cruise in April. Other than expecting to do more laundry on board this time, any tips or suggestions to help us be more prepared? Has anything out of the ordinary sprang up for you back to backers that you hadn't thought of the first time?

Be prepared to not want to do shorter cruises ever again.:)

We loved our B2B cruises (best part was NOT having to pack the last night of the first cruise). Longer cruises are very relaxing!! Our next cruise is an 8night/9 day on the Breeze in Sept. with 4 "at sea" days (including embarkation day) AHHHH can't wait for that and 4 port day! Should be a really nice cruise :)

I was going to say something similar to a pp. Don't burn yourself out!!! I do this on 7 day cruises. Always up and having to do something, feeling like I'm going to miss out on something, and run from one thing to another. Remember to relax! Enjoy.

I have done and 11 day Med cruise with 2 days before and one after for a total of 14 days which meant we were flying as well. I didn't take any more clothes that I would have for a 7 day. I just sent some things to the laundry about halfway through the cruise.

As others have said you can wear yourself out by planning to do to much and pushing yourself to get it all done. Be sure to leave some unplanned time to do pretty much nothing and relax.

Cherish those moments of doing absolutely nothing! :)

Or know that if you aren't someone who likes to do nothing, bring something to entertain yourself. Activities are a little more spaced out on the longer Carnival cruises than a 5-day.

Thanks for everyone's replies! I DON'T plan on staying bizy, I almost planned a spa day while in Jamaica since we've been there so much. I'm def bringing a book or two, just like the paper in my hands :) Besides my GF absconds with the kindle.