If you could pick any cruise...

rok233

My favorite ship is the Legend but I'm not sure she will still be in Tampa in June. I'd go anywhere on her. My second favorite is the Dream and she will be in New Orleans. I'll be on the repositioning cruise April 5 from Port Canaveral to NO. I hope you have a fabulous cruise.

My favorite ship is the Legend but I'm not sure she will still be in Tampa in June. I'd go anywhere on her. My second favorite is the Dream and she will be in New Orleans. I'll be on the repositioning cruise April 5 from Port Canaveral to NO. I hope you have a fabulous cruise.

I was looking at the Dream out of NOLA or Magic out of Galveston for a change from the Florida departures. I'd also love to hear how they compare to MIA or FLL which I've always cruised from.

And thank you, I'm sure I will have a fabulous cruise. :)

Edited by rok233

The Southern Caribbean trip on the Valor ...

*le sigh*

Sent from my Commadore 64 using the Cruise Critic forum app

That cruise looks great! Airfare from where I live wouldn't be fun but still an option.

For the best itinerary, there is no beating cruises out of San Juan. We typically have high airfare from where I live, but we're going out of San Juan in November for their spectacular, one-of-a-kind itinerary. If we were to use Southwest for a roundtrip in June, it would be around $530 each total. For a free cruise, I would pay that for airfare.

But I realize that even though I'd be willing to do that, you & others might not be. So with that in mind, I would recommend either going for one of the nice itineraries out of Florida or going with the Dream out of New Orleans. The Dream has been my favorite ship, and she has the best entertainment out of all Carnival ships. It's basically ship (Dream) vs itinerary (a good one out of Florida). I would recommend ones that go to ports such as Aruba, St Maarten, St Thomas, St Kitts, Antigua, Tortola, Grand Turk. The Freedom on June 1st is a good one. I also like the looks of Liberty's on June 7th. Liberty also has a couple Aruba itineraries later in the month. Basically, any Eastern itinerary, as long as it's not one of those that goes to only the Bahamas & Port Canaveral/Key West.

Edited by k2excursion

It's basically ship (Dream) vs itinerary (a good one out of Florida). I would recommend ones that go to ports such as Aruba, St Maarten, St Thomas, St Kitts, Antigua, Tortola, Grand Turk. The Freedom on June 1st is a good one. I also like the looks of Liberty's on June 7th. Liberty also has a couple Aruba itineraries later in the month. Basically, any Eastern itinerary, as long as it's not one of those that goes to only the Bahamas & Port Canaveral/Key West.

I was about to type up something just like this, so...cool! Effort saved!

A 7-day out of Florida gives a lot of options that a 5-day can't, and go further south than yer basic Bahamas/Key West stops. For me, I'd certainly look at itineraries, with an eye toward places I've enjoyed visiting (Grand Turk, St. Thomas), places I'd like to try again (San Juan), and places I'd like to see for the first time (St. Kitts, Aruba, Tortola, St. Maarten).

I was about to type up something just like this, so...cool! Effort saved!

A 7-day out of Florida gives a lot of options that a 5-day can't, and go further south than yer basic Bahamas/Key West stops. For me, I'd certainly look at itineraries, with an eye toward places I've enjoyed visiting (Grand Turk, St. Thomas), places I'd like to try again (San Juan), and places I'd like to see for the first time (St. Kitts, Aruba, Tortola, St. Maarten).

this is my answer too. I want to go south south south!! those ports listed above look amazing.

I was looking at the Dream out of NOLA or Magic out of Galveston for a change from the Florida departures. I'd also love to hear how they compare to MIA or FLL which I've always cruised from.

And thank you, I'm sure I will have a fabulous cruise. :)

Cruising out of NOLA will be quite different when you are cruising down the river to get to the Gulf. Also, in my experience, the port seems more congested than those in FL. I know some will say I'm wrong, but it just seems that way to me. That said, I'd cruise anywhere that the Dream goes, and I enjoy the trip down (and up) the river. I have never cruised out of Galveston so I can't tell you anything about that.

I also agree with the poster who recommended the Valor itinerary. I'm sure you'd love it. I enjoyed my time on the Valor as well, and that itinerary is great.

If you could pick one Carnival Caribbean cruise in June which would you choose?

I have a complimentary cruise that I'm going to use in June and would love to hear what others would choose. :)

The Freedom 8 nights and will be fresh out of refurbishment.

Ports of Call: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida; Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos; La Romana, Dominican Republic; Curacao, Netherland Antilles; Oranjestad, Aruba, Netherlands Antilles; Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Carnival Valor: St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts & St. Maarteen from San Juan - 6/1, 6/8, 6/15, 6/22, 6/29

Carnival Breeze: Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Curacao & Aruba - 6/7

Carnival Breeze: St. Maarteen, St. Kitts, San Juan & Grand Turk - 6/21

Carnival Liberty: Grand Turk, St. Thomas, Tortola & St. Maarteen - 6/7

Basically any cruise that goes to any of the southern caribbean ports!

This one, so we booked it!!

On 11/9/14?

I've gotten DH from "I don't want to pay for airfare, too." to "It's not out of the question..."

So I'm getting there .... time to pull out the big guns! lol cheeky-3637.gif

Edited by christyran1228

I would also say New Orleans and the Dream. I have that one booked for May. If you have never been to New Orleans you could stay a day or two before or after and see the city. New Orleans is one of the easier ports that we have sailed from. Sailing down the Mississippi is very interesting, lots of boat traffic and interesting things to see. It takes hours to sail from New Orleans down the river into the Gulf. In June you will be able to see a lot after sail away since the sun doesn't set until later.