Indy vs. X Summit..Need Some Help!

Hi everyone. I'm an experienced cruises but have never been on either of these ships. Trying to decide on something for May 2015, and these are my options. The Summit is 7 days Bermuda out of NJ (where I live) & the Indy is 7 days W Carib out of Ft Laud. Just looking for opinions. Obviously Summit would be more convenient, but I don't mind flying to FLL.

Is there some reason the Indy dzn't get as great reviews as a lot of the other ships? I guess that's what concerns me a bit.

We had cabin 1400 on Indy, it was AMAZING. Here is a link to the photos:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1782311

Having said that the room is awesome, if you're looking for a quieter, slightly more upscale adults trip, I'd go with Summit.

We usually cruise X but jumped to Indy because we were taking the kids.

Hi,

You made the right choice with the Independence of the Seas. I cruised aboard this ship last month (February 2014) and had a wonderful time. I have also cruised aboard the Celebrity Summit (late 2010) and the Celebrity Constellation (December 2013). Although the Celebrity ships are nice, the Independence of the Seas is much larger and has a wider variety of features and entertainment (Royal Promenade, ice skating shows, etc.)

Chuck

Good choice going with Indy. I was on Summit in June 2013. The ship is pretty small and doesn't have that open space like the Voyager and Freedom class RCI ships have - we really missed that. Room (especially bathroom) was older. Entertainment was kind of boring. As for Bermuda - it was very windy, and kind of chilly, for that time of year. If I ever went to Bermuda again, I'd go July or August, but definitely not on Summit. My BFF, that I cruise with, and myself, are trying to decide right now between Freedom and Allure for our next cruise, but we both love that 2015 Indy Caribbean itinerary and will probably do it at some point.

Good choice going with Indy. I was on Summit in June 2013. The ship is pretty small and doesn't have that open space like the Voyager and Freedom class RCI ships have - we really missed that. Room (especially bathroom) was older. Entertainment was kind of boring. As for Bermuda - it was very windy, and kind of chilly, for that time of year. If I ever went to Bermuda again, I'd go July or August, but definitely not on Summit. My BFF, that I cruise with, and myself, are trying to decide right now between Freedom and Allure for our next cruise, but we both love that 2015 Indy Caribbean itinerary and will probably do it at some point.

Have you done Oasis or Allure? If not, probably would be good to give 'em a try! I've done both!

Hi everyone. I'm an experienced cruises but have never been on either of these ships. Trying to decide on something for May 2015, and these are my options. The Summit is 7 days Bermuda out of NJ (where I live) & the Indy is 7 days W Carib out of Ft Laud. Just looking for opinions. Obviously Summit would be more convenient, but I don't mind flying to FLL.

Is there some reason the Indy dzn't get as great reviews as a lot of the other ships? I guess that's what concerns me a bit.

Dear RealDeal,

I have done both. Both ships, both cruises, I have a similar geographical relationships with the ports of embarkation. ;) I have had 1400 more than once.

Part of the answer has to be the itinerary. I LOVED LOVED LOVED the 7 night Bermuda itinerary, but I have cruised to the Caribbean many many many times.

Therefore, MY answer would have been "Summit".

But you will love your Independence cruise!

:)

Dear RealDeal,

I have done both. Both ships, both cruises, I have a similar geographical relationships with the ports of embarkation. ;) I have had 1400 more than once.

Part of the answer has to be the itinerary. I LOVED LOVED LOVED the 7 night Bermuda itinerary, but I have cruised to the Caribbean many many many times.

Therefore, MY answer would have been "Summit".

But you will love your Independence cruise!

:)

Thanks. Well, I didn't throw this into the mix earlier b/c I didn't want to sway ppl's opinions, but I'm actually doing the Summit repo to San Juan this October. Having never been on a Freedom class ship, that played into my decision. Also, I'm one of the few weirdos who's not crazy about Bermuda! have c or

I have not cruised RCCL yet (have first RCCL first cruise booked on Vision of the Seas for March 2015) but we sailed on the Celebrity Summit a few years ago and out of all the cruises I have been on, it was my favorite. We did a Southern Caribbean itinerary, which was wonderful. The ship, the service, the food and entertainment were all top notch.