Handicapped junior suite

Yes, my remark was a knee jerk response.

I apologize!

Just the wording that you scored an accessible cabin touched a nerve. I should have asked when you were sailing. There are a lot of people who want the extra room these cabins offer. I NEED the extra space, I can not cruise in a regular cabin. There are so few accessible cabins on each ship!

A favor please, when you check in, tell them if someone needs the cabin, you will move! Say it with a smile and ask for an upgrade, I bet you will get one!

Yes I am a nice person, thanks Patti for confirming it!

Sherry

I just want to mention that RCI will move an able-bodied passenger at any time, if an accessible stateroom is needed to accommodate a guest with a disability. A (partial) Accessible Staterooms bit of info from RCI's website:

"Accessible staterooms are held for people with disabilities until all other non-accessible staterooms in that category are reserved. Upon reserving an accessible stateroom, we require our guests acknowledge the need for the accessible stateroom by completing a Guest Special Needs Form.

If a guest is booked in an accessible stateroom and they do not have a mobility disability or other disability that requires the use of the features that are provided in the accessible stateroom, they may be moved at any time to another non-accessible stateroom in order to accommodate a guest with a disability."

Btw, we found that we were booked into an accessible balcony stateroom on the Serenade. (We didn't have a cabin assignment prior to boarding).

Ok, time out people. Thanks to those who were helpful in answering my question, thank you so much. No further nasty comments necessary. Consider this complete....

I do not believe that you have reason to write this. You asked a question about an accessible cabin. Others answered. You can't control what other people say on a public forum. I don't think that anyone was out of line.

:)

i do not believe that you have reason to write this. You asked a question about an accessible cabin. Others answered. You can't control what other people say on a public forum. I don't think that anyone was out of line.

x2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not believe that you have reason to write this. You asked a question about an accessible cabin. Others answered. You can't control what other people say on a public forum. I don't think that anyone was out of line.

*nods in agreement* :)

Are you the cruise critic police? Sure, I can write this. Just like you have noted above it's a public forum. If "shame on you" isn't an out of line response for a simple question then I don't know what is. I thought this was a mature forum!

Are you the cruise critic police? Sure, I can write this. Just like you have noted above it's a public forum. If "shame on you" isn't an out of line response for a simple question then I don't know what is. I thought this was a mature forum!

Since your are the original poster, suggest you click on the red triangle in the upper right corner of your post's header that is displayed when you're signed in . This will than take you to a page in which you can request that the moderator close down this thread based on the fact that others.

Reason being that no one should have to be bullied particular since you booked the accessible cabin after the final payment period has past and when all unsold accessible cabins are opened to the general public.

Maybe it`s just me but I still think it`s kinda wrong, even after final payment. It means those of us in a lower cabin grade will never be offered the upgrade AND we can never book last minute trips and get a bargain.

Why should we have to book months in advance so we don`t miss out when YOU have the choice of 1000s other cabins ? The expectancy that if someone in a wheelchair wanted that cabin they would of booked it months ago is what I take offense to.

Maybe it`s just me but I still think it`s kinda wrong, even after final payment. It means those of us in a lower cabin grade will never be offered the upgrade AND we can never book last minute trips and get a bargain.

Why should we have to book months in advance so we don`t miss out when YOU have the choice of 1000s other cabins ? The expectancy that if someone in a wheelchair wanted that cabin they would of booked it months ago is what I take offense to.

I also book accessible cabins and I'm sorry I can't buy your logic. Upgrades are NOT an entitlement. They are rare in the AB world and near non-existent in ours.

If the cabin remains unsold after final payment I think the line is entitled to sell it - not give it away - for the price that the class of accommodations commands at the time. We all book early because of limited availability - if even with that limited "stock" it remains unsold - then sell it for what you can get.

BTW - I've never had an upgrade and don't even bother with such foolish notions since we are dealing with such a limited number of accessible cabins.

I also book accessible cabins and I'm sorry I can't buy your logic. Upgrades are NOT an entitlement. They are rare in the AB world and near non-existent in ours.

If the cabin remains unsold after final payment I think the line is entitled to sell it - not give it away - for the price that the class of accommodations commands at the time. We all book early because of limited availability - if even with that limited "stock" it remains unsold - then sell it for what you can get.

BTW - I've never had an upgrade and don't even bother with such foolish notions since we are dealing with such a limited number of accessible cabins.

I`m sorry you don`t understand my logic - maybe it wasn`t clear enough. I certainly wouldn`t expect a free upgrade , I was merely saying that an able bodied person booking the cabin sure takes the opportunity of an upgrade(paid for or otherwise) away. I also understand that they are a business and filling cabins is priority, I really don`t have an issue with this.

But the basic should apply - if someone in a wheelchair needs the cabin, ABs should still be bumped , even after final payment. How many times, if at all, this happens - is anyone`s guess.

As RCI doesen`t advertise aywhere that xx number of cabins are occupied by ABs that could be moved, I for one don`t know how would you go about seeing if there is real availability for accessible cabins on any given sailing.

Sure , I expect to be able to book after final payment if there is availability,which in this case it was. We don`t know someone in a wheelchair didn`t look 5 minutes after OP and was left disappointed.

But hey, I`m pretty new to this game and I`m sure there`s lots I`m in need of learning :p