Great Stirrup Cay lagoon?

Heleftherakiss

Okay maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet~ where is the lagoon on this map? Went to GSC last July and DH complained about the water being too cold so I think the lagoon would be perfect for him yet I don't see it on this map! :confused: :confused: In the video is shows it right by the buffet but on this map there is no water near the buffet??

Yeah, I was wondering too.. The shot in the video seems, according to me, be taken under the word Facilities from New Dining Facilities facing to the left of the map. But the map doesn't show a sand corridor thing which is visible in the video. Mystery..

Best guess, but I am probably totally wrong, is that they added the sand corridor later on, making it a lagoon by closing it off from the word New. Or even Expanded Beach Front towards New Dining Facilities. Sort of, kinda. :cool:

Yeah, I was wondering too.. The shot in the video seems, according to me, be taken under the word Facilities from New Dining Facilities facing to the left of the map. But the map doesn't show a sand corridor thing which is visible in the video. Mystery..

Best guess, but I am probably totally wrong, is that they added the sand corridor later on, making it a lagoon by closing it off from the word New. Or even Expanded Beach Front towards New Dining Facilities. Sort of, kinda. :cool:

Which begs the question where is the lagoon? :)

It's an old map and all I know is there is a tram that takes you to where the small cabanas are. I will be finding out in 57 days (well, actually 60 because GSC is day 3 of the cruise:D).

It's an old map and all I know is there is a tram that takes you to where the small cabanas are. I will be finding out in 57 days (well, actually 60 because GSC is day 3 of the cruise:D).

I hope you can find our poor missing Lagoon :)

Have a great cruise!!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

I hope you can find our poor missing Lagoon :)

Have a great cruise!!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

I hope so too. If I can't find it I might just dig one while I'm there.:D

I hope so too. If I can't find it I might just dig one while I'm there.:D

Some folks already started in '11, see some pics at http://fairiegoodmother.deviantart.com/gallery/34470902?offset=48

Wondering where THAT is on the map lol ;)

Sparks, sorry but since you're the first to visit GSC we won't start a CC fundraiser for a large cabana and endless buckets of beer because you need all your time to find the lagoon and map it! Sorry.. :D

Lol!

Sparks,

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to descend upon Great Stirrup Cay, and start your search for our poor little lost Lagoon.

Once you find it, you be rewarded with buckets of beer and a large cabana.

Before you start drinking said beer, you must draw a secret map of how to find our little poor lost Lagoon.

Guard the map with your life and pass it on to Freestyle, who will use it on his journey.

Then he will pass it along to me for my journey to our little poor lost Lagoon.

Aargh the Pirate Island awaits!!!

I'm going to buy an eye patch and wear it when I get to our poor little lost Lagoon on Pirate Island!

Ahoy Mateys :)

Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

greatstirrupcaylinkmap.jpg

© Cruisecritic.co.uk via Google

Not sure if it's an open lagoon on the map lol. :)

See if I can explain this....the large cabanas are where it says "coming soon" up on a small hill. The small cabanas begin after the large cabanas and are close to and on the same level as the "expanded beachfront" The lagoon is in the lower left side of the photo where it is all green on this map. Here's some photos.

The lagoon:

P1030264.JPG

View from Cabana 11 of the beach.

P1030265.JPG

Another of the Lagoon:

P1030281.JPG

The new Dining Area is near the Lagoon.

This is the "shuttle" that will take you over to the Lagoon, Cabanas, etc.

P1030290.JPG

Some folks already started in '11, see some pics at http://fairiegoodmother.deviantart.com/gallery/34470902?offset=48

Wondering where THAT is on the map lol ;)

Sparks, sorry but since you're the first to visit GSC we won't start a CC fundraiser for a large cabana and endless buckets of beer because you need all your time to find the lagoon and map it! Sorry.. :D

Lol!

Sparks,

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to descend upon Great Stirrup Cay, and start your search for our poor little lost Lagoon.

Once you find it, you be rewarded with buckets of beer and a large cabana.

Before you start drinking said beer, you must draw a secret map of how to find our little poor lost Lagoon.

Guard the map with your life and pass it on to Freestyle, who will use it on his journey.

Then he will pass it along to me for my journey to our little poor lost Lagoon.

Aargh the Pirate Island awaits!!!

I'm going to buy an eye patch and wear it when I get to our poor little lost Lagoon on Pirate Island!

Ahoy Mateys :)

Robin

I accept the challenge!:D (but Peg013's post makes sense.)

Peg!!!

You found our poor little lost Lagoon!!

You won the bucket of beers and a cabana and have saved Sparks from all that digging...

Sparks, your mission has been aborted.

Thanks for the awesome pictures, peg.

I think I have spring fever today. Haven't acted this silly since I don't know when.

I haven't even had a glass of wine yet...

Ahoy ya bunch of Pirates!!

Sparks we posted at the same time

Robin

Edited by meatball_nyc

Ok everyone....

Sssshhhhhhhhhh

Be vewwy vewwy quiet now.

No more posting ;)

I'm still gonna wear that eye patch when I get to Pirate Lagoon

Ahoy Mateys!

I'm Happy :D

Robin

See if I can explain this....the large cabanas are where it says "coming soon" up on a small hill. The small cabanas begin after the large cabanas and are close to and on the same level as the "expanded beachfront" The lagoon is in the lower left side of the photo where it is all green on this map.

OK let me see if I got this right...

If I get off of the tender, walk past the new dining area, go to the end of the row of buildings on the map and turn left, then walk to the last of the private cabanas coming soon, turn around, head to the hippo water slide, turn back to the right, walk across the island to the wave runner dock, do a 180 and turn to my right again, walk over the little bridge to the buildings at the right, circle them and come back across the bridge, walk to the far end of the island and then head to the expanded beach front, and finally head back to the end of the private cabanas coming soon, at some point I should be able to at least see the cabanas right?

If I get off of the tender, walk past the new dining area, go to the end of the row of buildings on the map and turn left, then walk to the last of the private cabanas coming soon, turn around, head to the hippo water slide, turn back to the right, walk across the island to the wave runner dock, do a 180 and turn to my right again, walk over the little bridge to the buildings at the right, circle them and come back across the bridge, walk to the far end of the island and then head to the expanded beach front, and finally head back to the end of the private cabanas coming soon, at some point I should be able to at least see the cabanas right?

Not sure why you are turning around after the large cabanas if the cabanas are what you want to see. Everything is to the left on this map as we are looking at it.Keep walking down the trail past the private cabanas (Large) and you'll run into the small cabanas. Keep going past them and you will pass the NEWEST Dining Area not show on this map. After that you can see the lagoon. I just took the shuttle that circles around the back of the cabanas, past the lagoon and circles back in front of the cabanas both ways since my have a bum knee.

Sorry for my earlier misspelling of the name of the island but MSC also stops at Norwegian's private island.

It also looks like NCL only stops thereon the 3-4 day trips on the Sky and some cruises from NYC.

Ron

Not sure why you are turning around after the large cabanas if the cabanas are what you want to see. Everything is to the left on this map as we are looking at it.Keep walking down the trail past the private cabanas (Large) and you'll run into the small cabanas. Keep going past them and you will pass the NEWEST Dining Area not show on this map. After that you can see the lagoon. I just took the shuttle that circles around the back of the cabanas, past the lagoon and circles back in front of the cabanas both ways since my have a bum knee.

I'm pretty sure they were poking fun at the hilarity of this thread and all of us looking for the missing lagoon~ :D