Great Stirrup Cay lagoon?

Heleftherakiss

I'm pretty sure they were poking fun at the hilarity of this thread and all of us looking for the missing lagoon~ :D

Just call me s l o w...... :o :eek: ;)

Edited by peg013

glad I saw this thread and the secret of the lost lagoon! We are on the sky in 3 weeks. In fact today while we are having yet ANOTHER snow storm, I am thinking about a beach in Nassau 3 weeks from today...the winter that never ends arrrggg...but I digress...thanks to all for maps, videos and pics. ...as well as levity :D

Any one know if they are doing the stingray encounter? I have heard mixed stories on it. I THINK the lagoon was built for them and then a storm came and they escaped..not sure how accurate that is

glad I saw this thread and the secret of the lost lagoon! We are on the sky in 3 weeks. In fact today while we are having yet ANOTHER snow storm, I am thinking about a beach in Nassau 3 weeks from today...the winter that never ends arrrggg...but I digress...thanks to all for maps, videos and pics. ...as well as levity :D

Any one know if they are doing the stingray encounter? I have heard mixed stories on it. I THINK the lagoon was built for them and then a storm came and they escaped..not sure how accurate that is

They are waiting for Steve Irwin to bring them back! (Too Soon?) :eek:

Two points.

First point, when you get off the ship walk to the far end of the Island. You will find the lagoon and it is worth it. It is a 10 minute walk. Alternately, wait for the shuttle.

Second point, if you have your own equipment, snorkel anywhere, but if you want to rent it, you are restricted to the area near the rentals, which is at the "busy" end of the island, just as you get off the ship.

We were there last week, it was amazing. I'm looking for Jay-Z's review where he posted much more detail about the lagoon, what you will see and how to get there, that's how I figured out GSC, but I'm not too good with the search function and can't find it. If you're more patient, his info is awesome.

OMG!!

Our Pirate Island Poor Little Lost Lagoon!!!

She's amazing!!!

Well, can't try keeping it a secret any longer with THAT photo ;)

Thanks FreeStyle for posting it.

Ahoy Mateys :)

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Woot woot! NCL Germany (don't ask, I am Dutch, we're just neighbouring countries!) posted this excellent aerial on their Facebook

1505540_670465253012097_451321513_n.jpg

Wonderful picture! BTW, my daughter lives in Utrecht and is getting her master's at the University of Amsterdam.

• 3 weeks later...
I am sailing on the Sky in a little over a week (yay!) and I happen to have a friend who just came back from her first cruise on the Breakaway. She said one of the best parts of the trip for her was the lagoon at Great Stirrup Cay. She said its one of three areas on the island and since she didn't visit the other areas I'm just wondering how it compares. Also wondering if you can snorkel there, since that's one of the things I want to do a lot of on the trip. Not bringing any of my own equipment, just going to rent it.

Thanks!

EDITING to add: ok, I guess I'm confused. When we tendered, the Pearl was out a long ways, and we went by tender boat to Great Stirrup Cay.

You could swim out to almost where the tender boat comes in from the ship. from the other posts, it looks different than when I went...

I snorkeled there. BEST place I've snorkeled yet. Clear water, and lots of colorful fish.

Edited by Traveller20074

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any updated info regarding the lagoon? Looks like the last post I could find was from 2014.

Do they serve the same buffet at the lagoon that they serve at the main beach? or is there only that little burger place...

Is there a full bar there?

Any other helpful hints welcomed.

• 4 weeks later...