Code red on Infinity

sergeant655

I have been checking the CDC website to see if i could get the number of people that got sick but it appears that less then 3% got ill. When I asked onboard about why code red went in to effect they would lie to me and say things like the authorities made us do this. one person even said the code red would be lifted on March 25.. Now it has been in effect for 2 weeks. I was affected by 2 code reds. the one that is going on now that started 15 days ago in Lima and the last 4 days of the one that started when ghstudio was aboard. This makes 4 consecutive cruises affected by code red. They also told me that it will not be lifted untill the doctor had a day were 0 cases was reported. I wonder how many if the cases wern't just Monteczuma's Revenge as some symptoms can be similer and there were warning in the Celebrity Today in every port.

I have a problem with self-diagnosis....

Yes you quarantined yourself but how did you really know your were over it completely....sometimes a self-diagnosis is not good. My husband and I both got it on a river cruise years ago, before it was broadcast so much, and we stayed in our cabin until the Doctor said it was okay to venture out. Maybe we got it by someone else self-diagnosing when they weren't really over it. A Doctor would know when it was okay to leave your cabin.

Trust me, we can tell when we stop puking and pooping LONG before the doctor arrives.

Unless someone is unable to hold down water, immuno-compromised, elderly/frail, or a child, there's no reason to call a doctor for this. Would you visit an ER if you were on shore? If the answer is "yes", then you should certainly call the ship's doctor.

Let's also remember that noro and other viral GI illnesses exist in the teal world, too - not just on cruise ships. Think you're not coming in contact with germs on the plane, in the shops, in the grocers, in the elevator when you visit your doctor, lawyer, or accountant, when you sit down at the table at McDonald's or test drive your next Ford? They're EVERYWHERE.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Does anyone have an update on Code Red? Please keep us posted - Thanks so much!

Just found out Code Red ended last Saturday (two days ago)- YEA! We are now good to go!

I hate buffets. I prefer being served in the MDR. Unfortunately, the MDR is closed on port days. Years ago, every meal was available in the MDR. There wasn't any norovirus. If they closed the buffet, it would make the ship a safer place. The squirt girls who spray you with Purell give people a false sense of being clean. Washing hands is a better choice.