What is your favorite Princess cruise food?

thecruiserofships

Short ribs are on the buffet one or two days only usually when they are in the dinning room the day before. Sometimes they are on the BBQ buffet on deck outside the horizon court. Just ask your server and they can tell you the days as they know the menus for all the days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I enjoyed the chicken cacciatore that was served in the dining room for lunch upon boarding, but it is no longer offered. Does anyone know if it is still offered somewhere? The poke that we had on the Sapphire in the Pacific Moon was delicious.

Edited by candide333

You mean smoked salmon, like lox? Love that too, with bagels, cream cheese, tomatoes, onion and capers. Yum. They have that in the MDR for breakfast, too. YUM

Yes!! Delicious!!! (For some reason, my mind drew a blank on the word "smoked", so thank you!) :)

Edited by Dreamer333

Getting hungry reading this thread!

What other "special" food/meal offerings does Princess offer?

The ones I know of...

-Afternoon tea

-Pub lunch on sea days

-Popcorn for MUTS

-Fresh baked cookies & milk

-Embarkment day lunch in the MDR

-Themed nights in the buffet

-BBQ buffet on the pool deck?

I'm probably missing a few...

Edited by marjosagb

I've only sailed with Princess on one 4-day cruise but am booked on a 10 day Sea of Cortez in November. I keep reading here about "themed" night in the Horizon Court. Can someone please give me more info about this?

Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...
The best scones, fresh whipped cream, and preserves. Tea Time.

Couldn't agree more! I love the scone on-board! As well as the Fettuccine Alfredo, and of course ANYTHING from the Pizzeria!

One venue we particularly like is Vines. We enjoy the tapas and/or sushi in Vines. Both are delicious! We have a glass of wine and appetizer plate prior to our later dinner sitting. (No wonder we have to hit the gym in the mornings!)

Pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza.

I love Princess Pizza! :) :)

Ditto!!

We have now committed to booking a cabin on Lido deck, port side on all future Princess cruises - it's a much shorter walk to the pizzeria!!

Grey

I, too, like the Fettuccini Alfredo. But I miss the times when the dead waiter prepared it table size.

Has anyone seen this done on a recent cruise?

P.S. The last time I ordered it was on Caribbean Princess. It arrived lukewarm and stuck together. A dog wouldn't have eaten It!:eek:

That must have been quite a sight. Really? A dead waiter? Prepared a table size Fettuccini Alfredo? No wonder the waiter was dead. Probably died of exhaustion. :D

This probably sounds strange, but I like their pizza. Does Princess still have it available all day? When getting back from a shore ex between meal times, it is a nice snack. Some cruise lines between 3 - 5, it is hard to find something to eat. A busy day on shore works up an appetite and when on a cruise no one should ever be hungry. Ha ha

This probably sounds strange, but I like their pizza. Does Princess still have it available all day? When getting back from a shore ex between meal times, it is a nice snack. Some cruise lines between 3 - 5, it is hard to find something to eat. A busy day on shore works up an appetite and when on a cruise no one should ever be hungry. Ha ha

Princess Pizza is available all day:D:D