Crowded Bars?

bobbyR30

just curious - with so many people sailing with drink packages is there a longer wait at the bars or tables to get a drink? I've seen numerous posts on this in the past. Can anyone share recent experiences with this?

On our 10 night Equinox cruise in January there were a lot of people with the package and we did not have it and I never encountered a wait longer than usual. I mean, at the Sunset Bar, at sailaway, there were, of course, lots of people at the bar and it did take a bit of time to get a drink....otherwise perfectly normal.

Just off the Reflection. At peak times (pre main dinner Sitting) there were at times some wait times. Not bad though. Not sure how they can correct this though. The Martini bar had four bartenders working behind the bar. There is no room for a fifth person to work without them falling over each other. There is no doubt that the drink package has become very popular. Every bar that we visited was doing a brisk business.

Last May on an 11 night Med cruise on the Silhouette we didn't notice much of a wait at all. We thought the wait times weren't any longer than usual be it at a bar or Cafe Al Bacio. Maybe it depends on the itinerary though.
Ditto . I will say some CCers who were on our cruise have complained about a lack of bartenders and servers more then about bar crowds.

We did not find either. Perhaps the line-up at Cafe Al Bacio was a little longer but only at peak times.

There have also been comments about a lack of sommeliers in blu . Being our first time there I'm not sure what is normal .

There was a senior and an assistant sommelier there.

just curious - with so many people sailing with drink packages is there a longer wait at the bars or tables to get a drink? I've seen numerous posts on this in the past. Can anyone share recent experiences with this?

We have not experienced longer waits due to the drink package on either of our cruises in the last six months. I am always surprise it seems like most people actually do not select the drink package option on the 123 program? I notice because most people sign a receipt which is not required on the package. I have always felt that I was in the minority with the package. I know it is surprising.

I did notice more crowds in the bars allowing the coupons during the 5-7 hours cocktail redemption period. Funny, but when you have the drink package you wish they were not actually using the coupons and were serving the free drinks in the Sky Lounge. On our TA in November all bars were super busy from 5-6 PM due to the coupons.

Enjoy your cruise and your package. We always upgrade to the premium due to the better wines, Martinis, and beers.

As noted in the live/blog below, we just got off of the Solstice last month. No problems at various bars on the ship. Spent lots of time at and around the Sunset Bar with its great views from the top, back of the ship. Also, at the bar right near Murano. We had the free drinks package and things worked fine. Didn't die of thirst and/or go hungry on this fine ship. Staff good and helpful.

Check out these postings and many visuals for more info/background on this nice ship, its entertainment, food options, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 44,967 views for this fun posting.