Price Drop or Not!!

bobpell

Regarding your TA checking prices on an on-going basis: I asked ours at one point, and she said she was too busy to do that...and I believe she is. So for the last couple years (once I became aware that there were often price drops!), I monitor it and have realized some significant savings.

It seems to me that the price drops, if at all, would be for the Suites and possibly the Veranda/Balcony cabins. I can't see HAL dropping the already low pricing for Ocean View and Inside cabins. But, who knows. :rolleyes:

It seems to me that the price drops, if at all, would be for the Suites and possibly the Veranda/Balcony cabins. I can't see HAL dropping the already low pricing for Ocean View and Inside cabins. But, who knows. :rolleyes:

Believe me, they do it ALL the time!

We get an email about price drops from ***************.

On the 24 day Eurodam cruise the prices have dropped $1000 pp on the ocean views and about $1200-1300 pp on the verandas. I think the drop on the inside is about 900-1000 pp as well. When we inquired about OBC or upgrade & OBC they might as well have told us to take a flying leap. We got nothing. I know HAL will give us a quality cruise but knowing people in a cabin several categories better have paid less than us really speaks to a lack of value.

I think I have learned a lesson to wait until 3-4 weeks before sail date to book.

On a recent Princess cruise we booked just a few weeks before and got incredible value.

I can't see HAL dropping the already low pricing for Ocean View and Inside cabins. But, who knows.

We are on the NA for a trans-Atlantic in October and have booked an inside cabin - it went down $400 per person a week ago. We contacted our PCC, received the reduction, and retained our cabin. One just has to be diligent about checking prices.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I can't see HAL dropping the already low pricing for Ocean View and Inside cabins. But, who knows. :rolleyes:

My TA notified me just yesterday that the price went down on my inside cabin for one of my Alaska cruises this summer.

Happy surprise! :)

So how do you keep the cabin you want and still get a get a price drop ???

Thanks in advance

Joy

My price drop was for my cabin. I don't know how things work. I am in the learning process here on CC. :cool:

Goleta what might I lose?? (Never been on a cruise before)

Any promotional packages at the time you booked. When I first booked it was the Explore4 offer (drink package plus a free dinner at PG) and when I re fared they were offering the above and beyond package which had a $75 per person on board credit. I gave up the first package for a $1000 reduction and gained a $150 obc.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Any promotional packages at the time you booked. When I first booked it was the Explore4 offer (drink package plus a free dinner at PG) and when I re fared they were offering the above and beyond package which had a $75 per person on board credit. I gave up the first package for a $1000 reduction and gained a $150 obc.

Hi Sherilyn,

Do you mind if I ask, had you paid in full by the time you were offered the trade? I assume that the $1000 reduction is in On Board Credit.

I have read that if you have paid HAL fully the chance of getting any credit or options is gone. That is certainly my experience. My TA does a lot of business with HAL so should have had some pull.

Thanks

Hi Sherilyn,

Do you mind if I ask, had you paid in full by the time you were offered the trade? I assume that the $1000 reduction is in On Board Credit.

I have read that if you have paid HAL fully the chance of getting any credit or options is gone. That is certainly my experience. My TA does a lot of business with HAL so should have had some pull.

Thanks

That was before final payment so it reduced my final cost. That was not an on board credit. The 150 obc was in addition to that price reduction.

We get an email about price drops from ***************.

On the 24 day Eurodam cruise the prices have dropped $1000 pp on the ocean views and about $1200-1300 pp on the verandas. I think the drop on the inside is about 900-1000 pp as well. When we inquired about OBC or upgrade & OBC they might as well have told us to take a flying leap. We got nothing. I know HAL will give us a quality cruise but knowing people in a cabin several categories better have paid less than us really speaks to a lack of value.

I think I have learned a lesson to wait until 3-4 weeks before sail date to book.

On a recent Princess cruise we booked just a few weeks before and got incredible value.

Hal is certainly training people to do just that. I'm fed up with the sky high prices that Hal charges far in advance. Getting to pick my cabin doesn't sweeten the pot for me because I almost always do a guarantee. I'm in no rush to book my next cruise with either Hal or Princess.

Edited by cruz chic

Hi Cruz chic,

Have you been getting upgrades by booking a guarantee? We have only ever got one free upgrade unexpectedly by Royal Caribbean from an ocean view to a balcony.

Thanks

For the most part I have gotten upgrades. I won't do a guarantee on Princess because I get sucky cabins thru guarantees.