Silhouette 3/16 The Great and The Not Great

FTLAUDER

Great Embarkation was quick. We went right to the Oceanview Café at noon and it was not crowded at all. Service there was friendly all week. WE never had any problem getting a good table. Had breakfast every day, and lunch 4 times. Stopped by after dinner for a look at the dessert, it never seemed crowded.

Cabin was fine. On entering we thought it was a small, but it was really easy to settle in. Lots of hangers, bathroom amenities, and towels. TV was very nice with lots of news and movie choices. The On Demand feature was great. Veranda and chairs, very comfortable and quiet. Bed was Ok, not as great as on the Oasis, but we slept well, room was very quiet. Cabin #1221 and I intend to book it again. Short walk to elevators.

Bar service was mixed. Martini Bar excellent, Pool Bar disinterested, Ensemble Lounge very good, but they are also the service bar for specialty restaurants, so the servers can be very busy sometimes.

Select dining was great for us, never a line, ate at the same table 4 times. Usually got there at 6:30.

Specialty Restaurants, Tuscan Grill was magnificent in every way. Service atmosphere and food. Murano, not so much. Food was just OK, server very distracted by 2 tables for 6 nearby. We felt that we didn't get moneys worth at all.

Food overall: MDR very mixed, appitizers good, soups OK, salmon dry, meats very good.

Buffet Breakfast, very good except scrambled eggs. Bacon always crispy, custom prepared eggs very good.

Mast Grill, Burger perfect, French Fries Perfect, Hot Dog Perfect, Onions and Mushrooms perfect.

Buffet Lunch, OK, lots of Asian and Curry. Pizza good. Salads amazing. Buffet Dinner, looked like lunch, just carving station with roasts of different kinds of meat and poultry.

Ice Cream so very nice with toppings. Desserts all looked beautiful. Bar in the Oceanview Café, best place to pick up water for the day, and cans of soda.

Pools was lots of fun Zumba was the most fun to join in or watch. the Music was great.

Pool lounges were comfortable and clean, lots of seating in shade and sun. Chair Hogs didn't stand a chance. If you see a seat you want during a busy time and there is a towel on it., just tell the pool attendant and they put a not and a time on it, and Bingo they remove the stuff and the chair is yours. Personal items and brought to the guest relations at deck 3!!!

Smoking areas are near the bandstand at the pool, and above at the Mast Bar. At the port side of the Sunset Bar area, but not at the bar. Also on deck 5 port midships. I don't smoke but DH does.

Little annoying things don't bother me so I might have overlooked things that others might see as a negative.

One thing, out cruise card did not print out correctly showing our Premium drink package, but a trip to Guest Services fixed that, new card was printed quickly.

We both enjoyed the Music all over the ship, I did hear people complain that it was too loud, but I thought it we exciting, fun and lively. I will RIP for a long quiet time, so I want to be where the action is for now!!!

So all in all we would repeat this cruise in a heartbeat and hope to do so. Please ask and I will answer your questions, if you have any. I am sure that I forgot some things, so they must be all good too.

Edited by FTLAUDER
spell

We did not get off the ship this time. Just used the ship as a resort. I recommend it highly, not for every cruise, but we enjoyed it.

We also did not get off the Silhouette when we were on 2 weeks ago. Like you, really enjoyed it as we were looking for a nice, relaxing cruise:D

We were on the same cruise and plan on writing a brief review soon. Excellent cruise and our first on Celebrity. A couple of negatives but overall a very good cruise! Sad to be back home to reality!

First let me say that we were so blown away by the Tuscan Grill that our expectaions were very high.

Pyllo, pear and roqquefort was mushy. Goat cheese soufflé not tasty. DH did like his salmon and crab better.

I had the sea bass and it was just blah not horrible. DH did like his lamb.

WE were offered 2 appitizers each. They really try to kill time with an amuse busch(SP) and a palate cleanser, inbetween courses. Just not great.

Music was in the Grand Foyer on 3. Ensemble Lounge on 5. At the pool, and Sunset Bar. Might have been other places that I missed. And of course at the theater. You could hear the music on 3 at the Martini Bar .