LittleMissMagic's 2014 8-Day Carnival BREEZE S.Caribbean Cruise - A Photo Review!

13890642012_29db3e55fa_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

We did the Drainpipe (orange slide) two times that day. I couldn't pick up enough speed going down and would be lucky to make one complete circle after I was deposited in the bowl at the bottom. Max, however, made 3.5 loops once!

We made a short GoPro video of WaterWorks and the Drainpipe slide which you can watch here:

I meant to get the yellow slide the next day, but unfortunately, I had forgotten to turn the GoPro off, so it was dead.

Oops - just realized the link above didn't work! You can either copy/paste the link or click here -

Walking back to our chairs from the slides, we passed a bartender carrying a tray with the most adorable souvenir cup! I had to have that drink!

13913815413_5fbe08783e_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

After I got the cup, Max decided he wanted it, too. It's a ridiculous price - I think it was around $17 for the drink and cup, but it's pretty darn cute.

We were laying in our chairs when an older gentleman came up to us. "You took our chairs. That's okay, but I need the towels that I left here. You have our four towels." "I'm sorry, but these chairs were empty when we got to them." "But I put our towels on them." "Well, the deck attendants will take your towels if you leave a chair empty for over 45 minutes. I would go check with one of the people in the teal polos."

I guess I must applaud Carnival for not allowing chair hogs. He must have been out super early in the morning if his towels were removed before we got there. Either that or he forgot where he left them....

I suggested that we eat at Fat Jimmy's C-Side BBQ for lunch.

13890644996_534c94ebe2_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

13890640811_9eac2b9bc8_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

The line remained long while we ate our food - I believe it's because it is self-serve that it moves so slowly. The barbecue is very good, though! Max really enjoyed it.

Edited by LittleMissMagic

After lunch, we went back to the top deck to watch the ice carving demonstration. I thought Max would enjoy it.

13913813453_a0ba641650_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

13914177584_fee93e76b4_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

There were little girls sitting on the front row who would scream like they had broken a bone whenever the ice would fall on them. The little boys on the front row kept telling them to, "Shut Up!" I thought it was funny because towards the end of the demonstration, the main screamer's mom came and brought her a taco and said, "Eat this." At least she didn't scream so much with food in her mouth.

13913755745_5e61193f4a_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

13890642291_009fd009bc_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

I took Max to "The Game of Love" which is Carnival's version of the Newlywed Game show with multiple generations.

13913814983_22b7676602_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

I don't really like how Carnival does their marriage game show. They sit the couples back-to-back and have them write the answers down on notepads as the cruise director reads out questions. Then after all of the questions are asked, the cruise director reads their answers. This might be because they do their marriage show during the afternoon, so there are more children in the audience (though there were several warnings about the content of the show) and they want to be able to sensor the responses. However, I couldn't help but think Pete was exaggerating some of their answers by the looks on some of the contestants' faces as he read them aloud.

When Max first noticed the 101-oz tube of beer at the beginning of the cruise, he became obsessed. "Can we do that?" "I don't know.... that's a lot of beer." "That's just a little more than six 16-oz beers. How many do you think you can drink?" "I don't know.... one. Maybe two." "Okay - you'll drink two, and I'll drink four. Can we do it?" "I don't know." "Please?" "Okay, okay." "When can we do it?" "On a sea day. The second to last sea day."

A day didn't go by when he didn't remind me about the tube of beer. We decided that we were going to do it in the Red Frog Pub because we liked it there.

We ordered a 101-oz tube of Thirsty Frog.

13890642341_2d29d70a5c_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

It actually went above 101 ounces according to the labels.

13890642301_eef7ee7d54_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

Here we go....

13914177004_ce6b37e4c9_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

Edited by LittleMissMagic

Making progress...

13913754975_e53399e2ff_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

13914176954_2e098167aa_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

13890640922_42f326eb63_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

I was still on glass one at that point.

13913814493_39ca442580_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

But I did get to finish it! Ha!

13913813243_548d6f7db3_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

Mission complete!

So we got a new mission...

13890641831_7d123d49cb_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

13913753475_410ac7ee86_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

A fishbowl! Didn't look too bad..... and then I asked and found out it was 48 ounces!

Here's Max's artsy shot out the window...

13890640732_b9c5111052_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

13890643886_328c4a8916_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

13914176554_fa560055b4_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

13914175474_12f632145c_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

Taste good, Max?

13890640642_c9910b080d_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

You can't drink 149 ounces of alcoholic beverages without a little food...

13890642846_d7017e9748_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

We got smart and substituted the onion rings this time.

13890643756_c34bea37d7_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

Mission two complete!

My God!!!! that's a lot of liquor, I would be plastered by the end of that :D. Do you mind me asking the cost of the beer tower and fishbowl?

The 101 oz tube was $28.95 which you can get with any draft beer ($27.95 for Bud Light). It's $5.50 for a pint, so it's like buy 5/get 1 free.

The 48 oz fishbowl was $19.95 and could be filled with any specialty cocktail. At $8.75 per specialty cocktail, the fishbowl is a pretty good deal if you like a specific type of drink or want to share with friends.

I'm actually not a genius at remembering prices - Carnival actually has a PDF of the RedFrog Pub Menu online if you'd like to check it out - http://www.carnival.com/onboard/bars-lounges/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/RedFrogPubMenupdf.ashx

I think it's a pretty great menu with a lot of fun specials. Definitely satisfies the crazy college kids!

The 101 oz tube was $28.95 which you can get with any draft beer ($27.95 for Bud Light). It's $5.50 for a pint, so it's like buy 5/get 1 free.

The 48 oz fishbowl was $19.95 and could be filled with any specialty cocktail. At $8.75 per specialty cocktail, the fishbowl is a pretty good deal if you like a specific type of drink or want to share with friends.

I'm actually not a genius at remembering prices - Carnival actually has a PDF of the RedFrog Pub Menu online if you'd like to check it out - http://www.carnival.com/onboard/bars-lounges/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/RedFrogPubMenupdf.ashx

I think it's a pretty great menu with a lot of fun specials. Definitely satisfies the crazy college kids!

Not bad, their drinks are priced very competitively, I like that. Yesterday was a good day for me. My room got upgraded to a lido deck balcony due price drops on my upcoming sailing :). Have never been up there on any of my cruises, and honestly I cant see what the big deal about those cabins is. But if everyone keeps bragging about them they must be good, right?

Not bad, their drinks are priced very competitively, I like that. Yesterday was a good day for me. My room got upgraded to a lido deck balcony due price drops on my upcoming sailing :). Have never been up there on any of my cruises, and honestly I cant see what the big deal about those cabins is. But if everyone keeps bragging about them they must be good, right?

We had a balcony on deck 10 when we sailed the Carnival Dream, and I remember it being nice to be located so close to the buffet! :D

My God!!!! that's a lot of liquor, I would be plastered by the end of that :D. Do you mind me asking the cost of the beer tower and fishbowl?

Who are you trying to kid?:rolleyes: I read your Celebrity Review.:rolleyes::D:D

Oh, to be young again!! I think if I had that much to drink, I'd be passed out and asleep for the rest of the cruise!

Continued great job on the review, Victoria. The pictures are amazing, and Max's expressions are priceless. You really could be a professional photographer.

I'm not going to share my food photos from tonight because I overcompensated the flash on the appetizers and entree. We had escargots, seafood platter, and if I recall correctly, the chateaubriand. If you care to see overexposed photos, you may take a look through my Flickr Album.

I will share dessert...

13913812983_d0cb230ac9_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

Amaretto Cake

I got the Baked Alaska. I have to say that of Royal Caribbean, Princess, and Carnival, Carnival has to have the biggest lack of presentation with the Baked Alaska that I've seen. That's because there is no presentation.

It was the second formal night, and this guy was happy with his selections...

13928699885_2c3af92bdd_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

13905575101_cd863e806a_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

After dinner, we went to the adult comedy show. We had a new set of comedians on board. We watched Dwight Slayde, and he was decently funny. But once again, it was standing room only by the time we arrived, and he was funny enough for me to stand (in heels) through the entire show.

13890645846_0b85f6d9dd_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

13914176394_822aeca947_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

Nooo.... not a Farewell Day at Sea!

13914175354_146cfae9b3_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

Enjoying your review and your pictures are exceptionally professional. We have very similar "food likes", room service grilled cheese, chocolate cake and those yummy chocolate chip cookies. You can also get the cc cookies on the Lido deck buffet, but they go quickly! Your writing style is so relaxing, funny and informative. Will try to read your other reviews, too. Glad you had such a wonderful cruise. ;)

Hey Victoria, thanks so much for this review! I am doing a post-grad cruise on the Breeze on the May 18th sailing with my friends and it has been nice to get a fellow college-kid perspective. I will definitely be trying that fishbowl!

I've just got to get one of those tubes of beer!!!

By the way - Did Max ever get his huge bottle of Grey Goose?

Max did not get his huge bottle of Grey Goose, but he did get a 3-liter bottle of Bacardi and a 3-liter bottle of Crown Royal. I suggested that he look for his giant Grey Goose bottle on our Disney Cruise... I'm thinking that he might have luck in Grand Cayman or Cozumel.

Saturday, March 22 - A Fun Farewell Day at Sea

Are you sad? Because I'm sure sad!

We started off our final day at sea with the Seaday Brunch in the Blush Dining Room.

13938754363_b5bc6fc314_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

13915605292_8f6b649ae0_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

I was immediately excited about the cute menu and all of the wonderful choices! Max and I decided on what we wanted. And then waited...

And waited...

And waited...

13915597322_465b38c3e3_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

This is the face of someone who is tired of waiting.

In the time that we were seated, a family of three was seated two other tables were seated and had their orders taken before ours. We were not happy. I finally waved the assistant waiter over and asked him when they were going to take our food order. "Oh, the head waiter will be over shortly." Shortly??? We've been waiting for half an hour, and our waiter will be over shortly?? He then took another table's order before he took ours.

Not happy. We were not happy.

13938761903_13ed6bd56f_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

We were seated at the back of the dining room, though, which is much lovelier than that corner we were stuck in all week for dinner.

FINALLY! Food (we've been deprived all week, you know... :D)!

13938761593_515c3a5335_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

Huevos Rancheros for both of us.

Went back to the stateroom for another unpleasant farewell surprise...

13938761243_98173bbc9e_b.jpg

Carnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

Nooooo!!! Not bag tags!

13915603882_d36471a491_b.jpg

Max and I had decided that we would rather wait until later in the afternoon to enjoy the pool deck because we figured we would have a better chance at getting a chair in Serenity. In the meantime, we went to the sports deck to try out the ropes course.

It turns out that you have to have on closed-toe shoes to do the ropes course, and I was wearing sandals. You also aren't supposed to have on sunglasses without a strap around the back of your neck, which knocked Max out, as well. I also doubt they would have allowed me to bring my camera. So we decided to play miniature golf, instead.

13915597172_94ef6192aa_b.jpg

13939151194_44b82325ac_b.jpg

Max didn't really have any desire to do the ropes course, anyway, because he didn't think that it looked that challenging.

13938754063_72bb7639e4_b.jpg