LittleMissMagic's 2014 8-Day Carnival BREEZE S.Caribbean Cruise - A Photo Review!

Interesting, honestly if I don't like how the review is going I simply ditch it and move to the next. Oh well, to each their own, let them complain if that is what they like, no one forces them to read anyway. Honestly it really does not matter to me, many people would beg to differs and the views show for it.

Gambee, your reviews include every last little detail (at least as much as we know!;). So glad to see that you're cruising again very soon. Hope you haven't forgotten about that martini that I still owe you next time the planets align and I am in the area when you are free. I'm actually sailing (my first Transatlantic!) out of Ft.Lauderdale the same day you sail from Miami. Have a great cruise!

Sorry to hijack your thread, Victoria . . . now back to an AWESOME review!:D

Ellen

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2021759

I'll warn you that if read at the wrong hour, the thread can be incredibly discouraging. Apparently there are a lot of people who dislike back stories, pre-cruise stays, and bathroom photos. Then there are the people who will stand up for the pre-cruise hotel, but give advice on how reviewers should write the entire review before posting or write the entire review and then put the pictures at the end....

What's incredible to me is that of everyone complaining..... NONE of them write reviews (or at least have links to them in their signature).

Personally, I don't see what everyone is so offended by...

That post irritated me as well. If CC were like Facebook, I would block those complainers from ever reading my reviews.

And by the way, Victoria, thank you so much for your time and effort in this great review. Your photos are an inspiration to me! I hope to be that good some day.

Edited by mpcaruth

Interesting, honestly if I don't like how the review is going I simply ditch it and move to the next. Oh well, to each their own, let them complain if that is what they like, no one forces them to read anyway. Honestly it really does not matter to me, many people would beg to differs and the views show for it.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I cannot WAIT for your review!!!! So excited that you are FINALLY going on the Breeze!:D:D:D Is Mom going with you?

Hmmmmmmmm.....I am confused. We are doing the Southern on the Breeze, but our late night is in Curacao:confused::confused:

Wonder why you guys had it in Aruba?

Do they mix it up?

Yes, usually it's Curacao that get the late nights.

I love this review/trip report. I also love all the other reviews where people take pictures and actually take us with them the whole way!

Please don't change the way you do yours! The haters can go read something else!

I love this review/trip report. I also love all the other reviews where people take pictures and actually take us with them the whole way!

Please don't change the way you do yours! The haters can go read something else!

Agree here also, I like to feel the "I was there with you" feeling that it gives!!

Great review. I too enjoy your writing style. Please don't get discouraged by that other thread. I think ppl were just venting which I actually did myself, but that doesn't take away from your review. Don't take it personally! I love your style and ur pics!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were returning to our room when I remembered seeing "Adult Games" on the Fun Times and thought it might be the Quest (which I learned to love years ago on Royal and since found other lines - Princess, Norwegian, and Carnival - adding it to their activities as well), so I suggested we stop by the Limelight Lounge to watch. We were too late to play, and honestly, I wasn't sure how into it Max would be, anyway (when Max read "Hairy Chest Competition" on the schedule a few days before, his immediate response was, "That's disgusting. Why would they do that?").

13705650695_d242e61a43_b.jpg

13705646845_2f415430f8_b.jpg

13705656253_593ae5f98b_b.jpg

13705656163_14fd4b8705_b.jpg

13705656073_ff3c6ac5a3_b.jpg

Unlike Princess, they were actually policing the door and keeping children out (our Quest game on the Royal Princess got taken over by children playing.... which included putting on their mothers' bras). I think a name as vague as "Adult Games" is probably a good way to keep out kids, as well. The Quests were nearly identical to those on Princess, but it was much rowdier because participants weren't made to line up in an orderly fashion.

It was good fun, and Max found it hilarious. He wants to participate next cruise. Sometimes that's all it takes - letting him observe first so he knows what is involved.

let me say this because I think people do not know how to use their mouse. It can move a review forward or back and even take you away from it. See it is that simple. SO PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT A REVIEW THAT SOMEONE HAS TAKEN THE TIME TO WRITE AND POST. Just move on. This is a great review and can't wait for more.

You after all my cruises I have never been to quest! I will make sure that I go to this, one. I have a habit of ignoring the daily paper and miss most of the fun stuff :D opppsss.

I am the total opposite, I go through the dailies with a fine tooth comb because I don't want to miss a beat. I usually do it right before I turn in or during breakfast if I was just to tired the night before.

13705647025_dc3204c835_b.jpg

13705645995_64821d7045_b.jpg

Ready for it?

13705647005_f931c3d7c4_b.jpg

Awwwww....

13705764713_e33e4952c8_b.jpg

I also must add that one of the most entertaining things of leaving the ship in the evening was watching all of the incredibly intoxicated people stumble back on.

These by far are my absolute favorite!! You two are absolutely adorable!! Question,what kind of setting on your camera for night time pics like this? Really didn't want to lug my Nikon D60, but I don't know,your pics may give me no choice! lol

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2021759

I'll warn you that if read at the wrong hour, the thread can be incredibly discouraging. Apparently there are a lot of people who dislike back stories, pre-cruise stays, and bathroom photos. Then there are the people who will stand up for the pre-cruise hotel, but give advice on how reviewers should write the entire review before posting or write the entire review and then put the pictures at the end....

What's incredible to me is that of everyone complaining..... NONE of them write reviews (or at least have links to them in their signature).

Personally, I don't see what everyone is so offended by...

fountain1.jpg

Victoria, don't change a thing. After following your many adventures, we love you and your extended family just the way you are. I still remember your Panama Canal cruise when your taxi broke down. :eek:

As always the pictures are amazing and your writing style is perfect IMHO. I was very happy to find your newest review.

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

These by far are my absolute favorite!! You two are absolutely adorable!! Question,what kind of setting on your camera for night time pics like this? Really didn't want to lug my Nikon D60, but I don't know,your pics may give me no choice! lol

I started out with my aperture at f/32 or f/22, ISO 100, and lens on bulb for roughly 45 seconds. But after the wind picked up, I ended up bumping my ISO to 320 so I could have my shutter speed at 5 seconds. For the photos with Max and me, I used the external flash.... not 100% happy with the flash compensation and color, but it's a start!

Victoria, don't change a thing. After following your many adventures, we love you and your extended family just the way you are. I still remember your Panama Canal cruise when your taxi broke down. :eek:

As always the pictures are amazing and your writing style is perfect IMHO. I was very happy to find your newest review.

Andrew

Oh, the taxi breakdown! :D That's a story I still love to tell. Thanks for continuing to read along!

Thursday, March 20, 2014 - Curacao

Our only plan for Curacao was to go to the beach and perhaps do a little shopping (Max still searching for a giant bottle of Grey Goose).

13788433123_2361c74707_b.jpgCuracao by vshingl, on Flickr

I didn't research any beaches and was just planning to go wherever the cab drivers wanted to take us. "You want to go to Mambo Beach?" "Uhhh... sure. Sounds good!" It was another $5/person cab.

13788752404_3efdb03df0_b.jpgCuracao by vshingl, on Flickr

I didn't realize that Mambo Beach was a private beach. We paid $3.75 for entry... but then when we left and came back, no one was there taking money. So I'm actually not 100% positive that we actually had to pay - it might have been some lady trying to make some quick money (kidding - I hope).

13788753384_55f8d320c7_b.jpgCuracao by vshingl, on Flickr

13788432993_7cf9ac410e_b.jpgCuracao by vshingl, on Flickr

13788432063_7cc49bc978_b.jpgCuracao by vshingl, on Flickr

We claimed chairs and were there for a good bit. Just when I thought that they weren't going to charge us, a lady came buy to collect $3/chair. Not a bad price.

13788432943_eb07bca06f_b.jpgCuracao by vshingl, on Flickr

13788432033_77b5ef7207_b.jpgCuracao by vshingl, on Flickr

Max and I swam out to the rock wall where there were many crabs. It was very slippery and a little difficult to climb up, so I wouldn't suggest letting young children swim out there alone (not to mention, it got pretty deep). We didn't think to bring our masks and snorkels but heard from others that the snorkeling was good.

There was frequent cloud coverage, and we weren't getting much sun - not to mention Full House came back from their boat tour - so we decided to check out the bar. We had a long debate about this, actually, because the drink prices were hardly better than those on the ship. It wasn't the cheap Mexican prices I was hoping for. But, the drinks were good - perhaps better than those on the ship. We have side-by-side comparisons because the mudslide that Max ordered in Curacao was great while the mudslide he ordered on the ship was perhaps the worst mudslide ever.

13788753294_329260cf40_b.jpgCuracao by vshingl, on Flickr

13788752084_9ca52cf8e0_b.jpgCuracao by vshingl, on Flickr

Before returning to the ship, we had to check out the stores. Curacao had a nice shopping center with high-end brands.

I also found my own cheese...

13788752974_80b114f1c3_b.jpgCuracao by vshingl, on Flickr

So did Max...

13788752864_06a1ebde0a_b.jpgCuracao by vshingl, on Flickr