LittleMissMagic's 2014 8-Day Carnival BREEZE S.Caribbean Cruise - A Photo Review!

13915596952_d01a6727ff_b.jpg

Carnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

13915603462_7999e138d5_b.jpg

Max won.

13915577581_9dc2e75904_b.jpg

I then convinced Max that we should do the ropes course. So we went back to the stateroom, and I put my tennis shoes on. You can make it more challenging by not holding onto the rope, but I'm not sure how the people working their would feel if you fell, so I wouldn't suggest doing anything stupid. There are two courses - an easy track and a more challenging track. In a few cases, the more challenging track was broken.

Edited by LittleMissMagic

Our waiting late plan was a success, and we were able to find a spot in Serenity that afternoon!

13938705715_5218f369e1_b.jpg

Nothing like relaxing in the quiet.... and hearing the screams from the water slides.

13939144644_59559e9032_b.jpg

13915601442_b46a980e3d_b.jpg

13938753743_bb8fa2d04c_b.jpg

13938758003_d313e056e0_b.jpg

The screams were calling our name. We waited until the lines got a little shorter and then tried out the yellow slide. And then the orange slide again... and then yellow.... and then orange.... I love water slides, okay! Both of Carnival's slides were fun. The orange one didn't work out so well for me (and probably most little kids) because my momentum only allowed me to do one loop at the bottom. However, the yellow slide seemed to be more popular (probably because the kids were in the same boat as I was with the orange slide), so we did the orange slide more. We also had to let that giant bucket of water empty on us.

13915597476_d4cd52d845_b.jpg

The pool deck was clearing out, as everyone was getting ready for dinner.

13915592506_2d274483df_b.jpg

13915581181_e4089be188_b.jpg

I insisted we linger to make the most of our last day.

13915596186_94f1a19b03_b.jpg

13915596432_2b6e96e2b3_b.jpg

13915600002_379b1a519e_b.jpg

We came back to the room to find a surprise...

13915580461_b9936dc936_b.jpg

Our alcohol had been delivered!

13915580181_971f242b0b_b.jpg

13915596282_2072eb0134_b.jpg

13938703655_74316d1dd1_b.jpg

Party time!!

13938756073_bc9c247e10_b.jpg

We went to the final Hasbro the Game Show. It's really a new show with different games each time - the contestants do not come back and compete in the final show.

13938697725_edcfe708bc_b.jpg

Yahtzee bowling was less of a physical game (all you did was push the ball), and more dependent on how well the captain understood the game of Yahtzee. On both teams, the children appointed the adult to be the captain... and I think it's because they wanted to push the ball. Neither of these captains seemed to be good at Yahtzee. In fact, I'm pretty sure one never played before - or hadn't played in a long time. Luckily, there were knowledgeable people in the audience who helped them out.

13938755973_8f3e188c72_b.jpg

And the Simon Flash game again.

This time another little boy won the jackpot. He was the boy who was captain of the Simon Flash game. So once again, he was the only kid who actually applied skill and brought his team to victory. Perhaps if one of the little kids in the Yahtzee game wasn't so obsessed with getting to push the giant ball and decided to step up and be team captain, they would have been the jackpot winner.

I thought that I had posted on your review a long time ago, but I dont see that little arrow thingy. So, just wanted to add my praises.

I have been following your review however, and enjoyed it very much. Loved the photos, and your writing style. So thanks for sharing your photos and your experiences. :)

Sorry to see this wonderful review coming to an end. I want to thank you one more time for taking me along for this ride, just prior my first Carnival Cruise. Everyone tells me not have big exceptions, but from what I see I think I do have some expectations. I really dont know what some people criticize cruise lines before even being on that ship...

Anyway, can't wait to board already. Although I do have a long week ahead of me with finals, I guess in a way they will keep me busy until the end :D

Totally made me laugh at the pics of you holding the bottles vs Max. They look like normally sized bottles in his hands, but in yours? Hilarious! They must have been pretty heavy huh?

Yes! You can actually see the strain in my neck to smile while holding those bottles. :D

Sorry to see this wonderful review coming to an end. I want to thank you one more time for taking me along for this ride, just prior my first Carnival Cruise. Everyone tells me not have big exceptions, but from what I see I think I do have some expectations. I really dont know what some people criticize cruise lines before even being on that ship...

Anyway, can't wait to board already. Although I do have a long week ahead of me with finals, I guess in a way they will keep me busy until the end :D

I hope that you have a wonderful time, Gambee! From following your reviews, I think you're the type of person who can have a great time on any cruise line.

I feel your finals pain! We leave on the Disney Fantasy the day after my graduation! :eek: Staying busy makes time fly by, for sure!

I see on the menu RFP offers a cider drink as a mix with Guiness, do you know if they offer any cider drinks alone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I don't know for sure, but from my experience, if they have the ingredients or the product, they can serve it to you whether or not it is on the menu.

I see on the menu RFP offers a cider drink as a mix with Guiness, do you know if they offer any cider drinks alone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I enjoy a hard cider and late last year Carnival added both Strong Bow and Angry Orchard ciders to their bar menu. My first cruise since they have been added is in two weeks and I will be able to confirm that soon!

Scroll down to the list of beers, page 8 i believe.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

Our last evening in the Blush dining room was bittersweet. I have to say, at the beginning of the cruise, I didn't think that we would be dining room regulars. Max had told me several times beforehand that he "thought he would not like it as much as Freestyle cruising" (remember, his first cruise was NCL). However, the food won him over, and our improved service won me over. After the first two nights, I was ready to throw my hands up and give up on the dining room for the rest of the cruise. However, once things slowed down (well... no one else showed to dinner the third night), we had the opportunity to bond with the wait staff like "in the good ol' days of cruising." And when the dining room filled again a few nights later, we were still getting outstanding service (perhaps because they knew us better and wanted to continue to make us happy).

13915593282_c54269cba9_b.jpg

New England Crab Cake

13938755883_a0e634595e_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

Frog Legs - something that Max and I both had to try. It was just okay in my opinion. I think Max liked it more than me.

13939141114_21f5e67a1b_b.jpg

The first time I ordered from the "comfort kitchen" - Bacon Mac N' Cheese

13915579651_04d528f00e_b.jpg

Warm Apple Pie

13915593062_a8b2301b99_b.jpg

Grand Marnier Souffle'

After dinner, Max and I took a few long exposures of the ship.

13915592992_a6c746e24d_b.jpg

13939146454_0470e70594_b.jpg

13915598302_084b01e4c1_b.jpg

13938755213_0e7e6164e7_b.jpg

13915594116_949df24949_b.jpg

Ran into some hoodlum teens hitting golf balls off the ship. I think we scared them away.

13915588756_3fda0f899c_b.jpg

13915602146_f9f6bd7708_b.jpg

The Sapphire Dining Room feels a bit more casual than Blush.

13915605392_ff477ae255_b.jpg

One last photo for the night -

13938709905_5afd9cc3d5_b.jpg

I realized that I had never before photographed the hallway. The entire hall is covered with tropical images and the wooden doors.

Our last evening in the Blush dining room was bittersweet. I have to say, at the beginning of the cruise, I didn't think that we would be dining room regulars. Max had told me several times beforehand that he "thought he would not like it as much as Freestyle cruising" (remember, his first cruise was NCL). However, the food won him over, and our improved service won me over. After the first two nights, I was ready to throw my hands up and give up on the dining room for the rest of the cruise. However, once things slowed down (well... no one else showed to dinner the third night), we had the opportunity to bond with the wait staff like "in the good ol' days of cruising." And when the dining room filled again a few nights later, we were still getting outstanding service (perhaps because they knew us better and wanted to continue to make us happy).

13915593282_c54269cba9_b.jpg

New England Crab Cake

13938755883_a0e634595e_b.jpgCarnival Breeze by vshingl, on Flickr

Frog Legs - something that Max and I both had to try. It was just okay in my opinion. I think Max liked it more than me.

13939141114_21f5e67a1b_b.jpg

The first time I ordered from the "comfort kitchen" - Bacon Mac N' Cheese

13915579651_04d528f00e_b.jpg

Warm Apple Pie

13915593062_a8b2301b99_b.jpg

Grand Marnier Souffle'

not trying to be negative but I bet your service improved due to the possibility of bigger tips.

Your photos are amazing ! For your deck shots at night what settings did you use ? I'm sailing on the freedom in June which will be my 7th cruise and I have yet to bring my tripod with me . Which I think, actually I know I will bring it with me this time just for shots like those !

"someone told me I will one day get sick of cruising ... I just smiled and said only when I'm dead "

Very nice long exposure pictures, I wish I had it in me to stay late like that and take pictures of such quality. I think I read that you woke up very early on the Royal Princess to do so. I might thing of doing it, just dont know if I have it in me.

Anyway, great quality! loved them!

Your photos are amazing ! For your deck shots at night what settings did you use ? I'm sailing on the freedom in June which will be my 7th cruise and I have yet to bring my tripod with me . Which I think, actually I know I will bring it with me this time just for shots like those !

Thank you! I set my ISO to 100, aperture to f/32, and shutter speed to bulb. I triggered the shutter with a wireless remote and used 45 seconds as a starting point, adjusting as needed from there.

Very nice long exposure pictures, I wish I had it in me to stay late like that and take pictures of such quality. I think I read that you woke up very early on the Royal Princess to do so. I might thing of doing it, just dont know if I have it in me.

Anyway, great quality! loved them!

Thank you! Yes - I woke up at 5 AM on the Royal Princess cruise to take long exposures (probably would have been okay with 6 AM). I wasn't up too late for the Breeze photos, though - took them around 10 or 11 PM.