Confused over Carnival Smoking Policy

Tell your dads pulmonologist to read his own specialty magazine 'Chest' where the study first appeared. I have been in cardiopulmonary medicine for 30+ years and would find it irresponsible to recommend the use of a non proven if not detrimental substitute for smoking. There are many other proven, both right or wrong, out on the market now with lengthy track records

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

We are not smokers and I have nothing against smokers. This is just about what the real deal is ? We were on Triumph in Oct, someone smoking a cigar on balcony, told by guest services it was not allowed,so I checked CCL website. It says it is allowed. Called CCL. They said ship was wrong. Went on Magic 3-16-14..Funtimes clearly states cigar smoking is only allowed on deck 5 , Lanai , portside. Checked website again, says it is allowed, called CCL again, lady tells me it is up to the individual ship.What the heck is the right answer ?:confused:

Cigar smoking on board is one of those not so recent policy changes. Smoking cigars USED to be limited to certain areas, one being the cigar bar. One of the oddest changes was prohibiting cigar smoking in the cigar bar.

When they made that change, they made cigar smoking allowable on all smoking balconies. So the answer is, yes, cigars can be lit and smoked on all smoking balconies. No smoking still is in effect on the spa balconies on ships that have them.

Tell your dads pulmonologist to read his own specialty magazine 'Chest' where the study first appeared. I have been in cardiopulmonary medicine for 30+ years and would find it irresponsible to recommend the use of a non proven if not detrimental substitute for smoking. There are many other proven, both right or wrong, out on the market now with lengthy track records

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Really? what are the many other proven ones? If you are talking about the patch with its 10% rate or the gum/lozenges at 8% I wouldn't exactly call that "Proven".

I'm not going to get into a spitting match with you because after doing this for over 30 years with excellent success for those patients that truly have a drive to quit there are MANY available alternatives that are tried and true.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Not to be a wise ass, but I'd like to know the alternative quitting methods. For me Patch & Losenges a fail. Allergic to Wellbutrin. Chantix made me over the top sick. Nothing else was offered to me except the ecig. Down to a 6mg nicotine from 24 in October, Next monthI'll be taking the 0 leap before I try and toss them completely.

I'm not going to get into a spitting match with you because after doing this for over 30 years with excellent success for those patients that truly have a drive to quit there are MANY available alternatives that are tried and true.

OK but you still haven't said any of the MANY alternatives. I can't take Chantix...I already take Wellbutrin and Celexa for other issues. I can't use the patch because I am allergic to the adhesive. Nicorette made me nauseous. So if you know of other available "tried and true" alternatives (though I still say 10% or less isn't tried or true) please enlighten us

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk[/QUOT

Every current study is coming out with a LOT of research saying e cigs are detrimental. Sorry the pulmonologist you know is not up to date. Scary!!

Not to be a wise ass, but I'd like to know the alternative quitting methods. For me Patch & Losenges a fail. Allergic to Wellbutrin. Chantix made me over the top sick. Nothing else was offered to me except the ecig. Down to a 6mg nicotine from 24 in October, Next monthI'll be taking the 0 leap before I try and toss them completely.

I would like to know also.The patches, lozenges and Wellbutrin didn't work for me either. Chantix upsets my stomach for a little while but I was able to quit by using it after smoking all my life. I do occasionally use a 1.2 e cig maybe once a day. This will be my first cruise as a non-smoker. Good luck to you.

I would like to know also.The patches, lozenges and Wellbutrin didn't work for me either. Chantix upsets my stomach for a little while but I was able to quit by using it after smoking all my life. I do occasionally use a 1.2 e cig maybe once a day. This will be my first cruise as a non-smoker. Good luck to you.

And good luck to you on your first nonsmoking cruise. I heard you can get an upset stomach from Chantix, but tried it anyway with the thinking, I won't want to smoke if I feel queezy. But it was a lot more than queezy. I was totally useless with it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk[/QUOT

Every current study is coming out with a LOT of research saying e cigs are detrimental. Sorry the pulmonologist you know is not up to date. Scary!!

No they aren't...There haven't been many studies at all saying e cigs are detrimental. I have read 3. Last I heard the FDA's study says there are no major health issues.

And one of those so-called studies was sent to me by some of my friends. I deceided to see what it was about, and by the time I was finished, I was on the floor LMAO...

The study was about how e-cig juices could be harmful or deadly to those who consume too much by drinking the juice....WTH? The other part of the study was about how "detrimental" the nicotine juice can be to children if they drink it and because it is sometimes colorful and smells fruity or sweet, that children will want it and drink it.....

Okay, first of all, as for the children,...PARENTS keep your e-cig juices out of reach of your children...I get that!!! But if you are an adult and your are drinking e-cig juice...well to put it bluntly...you deserve to be sick or worse, because you are obviously to stupid to be be living....LOL....I mean REALLY? Would you eat a pack of cigarettes?

So some of these so- called "studies" are total BS to cause unnecessary uproar over nothing....but then again, without these "utmost important BS studies", what would the people who want things their way on this board have to be condescending about towards us "evil e-cig users"?

I saw a similar study and they also said that if it drips on your hand when refilling, that alone can make you sick too

Absolutely not true. I get a bit on my hands every time I refill and it has never made me sick. That information came about from a 19th century experiment and the latest research shows you would have to have very large doses of liquid nicotine (if you are an adult) before getting ill.

Absolutely not true. I get a bit on my hands every time I refill and it has never made me sick. That information came about from a 19th century experiment and the latest research shows you would have to have very large doses of liquid nicotine (if you are an adult) before getting ill.

Absolutely true. Look at the CDC Morbidity and Mortality report dated Feb 4 the a study of e cigs from sept 2010 to Feb 2014. Very enlightening

They are probably talking about the straight nicotine liquid, that is something like 90% nic?. That will nail us all, but the stuff you get in the bottle premade is no worse than a nicotine patch at its highest strength. But you can't be drinking this stuff, than you have a different story on your hands. And common sense tells us to keep away from pets and children just like we do alcohol and regular cigarettes and medicines.

Absolutely true. Look at the CDC Morbidity and Mortality report dated Feb 4 the a study of e cigs from sept 2010 to Feb 2014. Very enlightening

There isn't one dated February 4. However the one dated Apr 4 just discusses the increased number of calls to poison control. Of course that couldn't have anything to do with the increase in use of e-cigarettes at all. That would make no sense. Regardless there has not been 1 death due to exposure to liquid nicotine with the exception of the suicide by injection.

Congrats Sammee! Keep up the great work!;) I am glad you found an alternative that works for you.:D