Packing water in checked bag

Qcruise

We're leaving Thursday on the Sapphire 4 day coastal cruise.....now I know to put our wine and a few mixers/juice in our carry ons.....however, we purchased a small 12pack of 8oz. plastic bottles of water which is really too small to slap a luggage tag on it, so it fits nicely into our checked bag. I guess we're risking them holding this bag and it getting to our cabin late.....but I really don't want to haul it in our carry on, so what do you think....?? Maybe pack some dinner clothes in the "clean bag" in case it gets there after dinner.....??

You may end up with a trip to the naughty room to fetch your bag if it is x rayed and they suspect it is something other than water. It will only be a minor inconvenience as once you open the bag for them and they see what it is you will be good to go.

so we are doing our first Princess cruise and have a water question also.

So we can purchase a case of water to share and slap a luggage tag on it??

We do this all the time...LOVE to have our bottled water in the room whenever we want it!

Just tape it around the sides (helps keep the the "plastic shrinkwrap" from being pulled apart) and slap a luggage tag on it. Never had a problem or complaint about dropping it off with our checked luggage at the port.

I think if you want to bring it on, you can carry or put in the luggage. We just got off the Royal last week and brought box wine, some other liquid items and some mixers in our checked bag. Everything went through. We also brought on 2 bottles of wine in our carry ons. Have a great trip!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a 24 bottle water with our cabin number written all over it and porter said it will arrive just as our regular luggage.

I also and am doing it this way for my next ft. lauderdale cruise next week:

I have a very light weight, thin foldable wheeled duffel bag. (purchased at Walmart)

It is big enough for a case of water. Right before getting on the ship, water is purchased at nearest CVS/supermarket. Have luggage tags already on the bag and just slip inside the bottled water. Both ways have worked fine. I just prefer having the bottles inside a duffel, to make sure that my water doesn't get "misplaced"--

I have had a 24 bottle water with our cabin number written all over it and porter said it will arrive just as our regular luggage.

I also and am doing it this way for my next ft. lauderdale cruise next week:

I have a very light weight, thin foldable wheeled duffel bag. (purchased at Walmart)

It is big enough for a case of water. Right before getting on the ship, water is purchased at nearest CVS/supermarket. Have luggage tags already on the bag and just slip inside the bottled water. Both ways have worked fine. I just prefer having the bottles inside a duffel, to make sure that my water doesn't get "misplaced"--

We have had on occasion had bottles taken out, I assume by thirsty porters or crew.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Our water bottles did arrive in tact (2 different cruises) when we just put tag on it. Other people have told us that sometimes, water didn't show up at all, or a bottle or two removed, etc. So we have since just done the light rolling duffel bag routine. I leave that bag unlocked, so that if bag is examined crew can see right away, it really is just water--this way, I don't need to go to naughty room!