What ship will be in Tampa for 2015?

NOSaints1

Anyone know with the Legend gone, what ship will be in Tampa offering 7 day cruises?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi as of right now only the Carnival Pride will be doing 7 Nights from January to March of 2015. There aren’t much options when it comes to Tampa due to the bridge height and such. Basically it’s the Pride which is going back to Baltimore, the Legend which will be in Australia, Spirit which as been in Australia a while and then Miracle which is currently based on the West Coast.

• 2 weeks later...

This is just a thought, so don't quote me on it, but it seems like this might be a likely possibility: The Miracle will be relocated from California to Tampa. The West Coast will receive a new ship, possibly one of the Conquest class or similar to sail year round from California, since by 2015 the new, wider lane of the Panama Canal will be operational and capable of accommodating larger ships, and no longer required to travel all the way around South America. This would make sense as it seems that the Mexican Riviera itineraries are recovering, so a larger ship would be practical. Also, since smaller ships are ideal for the summer Alaska sailings, the Legend, which will be in Australia only seasonally for the Southern summer, will relocate during the Northern Hemisphere summer for Alaska sailings, and alternate between the two.

This is just a thought, so don't quote me on it, but it seems like this might be a likely possibility: The Miracle will be relocated from California to Tampa. The West Coast will receive a new ship, possibly one of the Conquest class or similar to sail year round from California, since by 2015 the new, wider lane of the Panama Canal will be operational and capable of accommodating larger ships, and no longer required to travel all the way around South America. This would make sense as it seems that the Mexican Riviera itineraries are recovering, so a larger ship would be practical. Also, since smaller ships are ideal for the summer Alaska sailings, the Legend, which will be in Australia only seasonally for the Southern summer, will relocate during the Northern Hemisphere summer for Alaska sailings, and alternate between the two.

This is also something that I have heard, and personally am wishing for too for a variety of reasons. In the end, Carnival would lose an incredible amount of guest traffic by only leaving just one small Fantasy Class ship (The Plain Jane Paradise) for 4 and 5 day sailings. With Miracle's scheduled dry dock occurring in March/2015 it is incredibly likely that she will be replacing the Pride who is departing for Baltimore on March 8th. Additionally the HAL Ryndam just left Tampa and will not be returning either leaving the Port of Tampa down 1-2 ships.

Edited by Captain Carnival

This is also something that I have heard, and personally am wishing for too for a variety of reasons. In the end, Carnival would lose an incredible amount of guest traffic by only leaving just one small Fantasy Class ship (The Plain Jane Paradise) for 4 and 5 day sailings. With Miracle's scheduled dry dock occurring in March/2015 it is incredibly likely that she will be replacing the Pride who is departing for Baltimore on March 8th. Additionally the HAL Ryndam just left Tampa and will not be returning either leaving the Port of Tampa down 1-2 ships.

Could be that Tampa is not as profitable as other ports. May be why RCI has only done seasonal there and HAL is pulling out.

It would be nice for Tampa to keep a Carnival ship since it gives us additional options when visiting with family in Orlando.

In regards to the Pride, I think Mar 8 is the last Tampa cruise. It repositions starting on Mar 15.

Steve

Could be that Tampa is not as profitable as other ports. May be why RCI has only done seasonal there and HAL is pulling out.

I agree with you, however in the end it still I$ profit. The major obstacle in sailings is the Sunshine Skyway Bridge that prevents a large percentage of the mega ships passing underneath.

When you come down to it, there are not a lot of options. It is a Spirit class ship (Pride, Legend or Miracle) or a Fantasy class ship. Qualify that the Legend may return to the east coast out of season for Australia, and they will need on of the other two ships for Alaska (in season), there are not many othr choices.

When you come down to it, there are not a lot of options. It is a Spirit class ship (Pride, Legend or Miracle) or a Fantasy class ship. Qualify that the Legend may return to the east coast out of season for Australia, and they will need on of the other two ships for Alaska (in season), there are not many othr choices.

I would "predict" that Carnival just may keep two Spirit Class ships (Pride and Miracle) here on the east coast and could potentially swap out Legend to return to the east coast with another larger vessel during the next Australian season. Only time will tell.....tick-tock!

I hope legend comes to Tampa with its 2.0 upgrades. I can get a cheap $70 flight to Tampa with allegiant air lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

More like 1.5 upgrades - no Guys Burger or Blue Iguana was added but there is a Big Green Slide! :mad:

Edited by Captain Carnival

My bad i thought she got both. Bummer.... Still green thunder helps make up for it lol

I'm kind of baffled by this insofar as the latest 2.0 upgrades could all have been installed particularly since Guys has been a big hit and a big draw to ships that have ALL of the 2.0 upgrades and not just the 1.5 partial ones. :(

I'm kind of baffled by this insofar as the latest 2.0 upgrades could all have been installed particularly since Guys has been a big hit and a big draw to ships that have ALL of the 2.0 upgrades and not just the 1.5 partial ones. :(

My guess is that they did not due to what they thought the Australian market wanted (reason for the Spirit not getting it before moving down under).

I mistaken the legend for the pride upgrades she is receiving. You are right. If they are gonna do it on the pride why wouldn't they on the legend?

I mistaken the legend for the pride upgrades she is receiving. You are right. If they are gonna do it on the pride why wouldn't they on the legend?

Is it my imagination or has the whole 2.0 thing kind of petered out and that the entire fleet (as promised) will not be getting all (or any) of them? The recent rollouts such as the new menu's and Dr. Seuss do not seem to have much life either.....:confused:

Is it my imagination or has the whole 2.0 thing kind of petered out and that the entire fleet (as promised) will not be getting all (or any) of them? The recent rollouts such as the new menu's and Dr. Seuss do not seem to have much life either.....:confused:

Somewhat...... The only ones i remembered from the orginal announcement was paradise and elation were the only fantasy class ships to,get 2.0 elements.

Somewhat...... The only ones i remembered from the orginal announcement was paradise and elation were the only fantasy class ships to,get 2.0 elements.

I'm sailing on Paradise this Saturday and she still none of the 2.0 upgrades or even the waterworks upgrades from a few years ago.