top sail lounge facilities?

fraser301

We are looking forward to spending some time in the top sail lounge as part of the Yacht club (Fantasia in April) and would love to know anyones experiences -is there a wide range of drinks to choose from ?What selection of food is available ? I believe there is a piano player when does he or she play?

I would welcome anybodys experience of the Yacht club in general.

Thank you.aly

We are looking forward to spending some time in the top sail lounge as part of the Yacht club (Fantasia in April) and would love to know anyones experiences -is there a wide range of drinks to choose from ?What selection of food is available ? I believe there is a piano player when does he or she play?

I would welcome anybodys experience of the Yacht club in general.

Thank you.aly

We were on the Divina, in YC, last week. The Topsail Lounge is a very nice "retreat" from the masses. It is always quiet with a great view and attentive service.

They have a drink menu, but be warned, it is not the same drink menu offered at the other "public" bars on the ship. If you ask for something on the other menu you may be looked at like you have three eyeballs. Not sure if that is only the case with the bartender on the Divina, but it was very strange. Cross training would help. By this I mean the "girlie" cocktails - not the regular mixed drinks. You can get whatever you like for mixed drinks and wine. Some are "premium" but they are easily seen on the menu. The complimentary drinks are many, you won't have a problem choosing.

There is food throughout the day. Continental breakfast in the morning and, I would call them snacks, throughout the rest of the day. We usually just went upstairs to the pool when we wanted more than just a little snack. Nice little desserts were always available in the Topsail.

The piano player plays for about an hour around dinner time.

You will love YC, but be warned, you will never sail in another category on an MSC ship. :) Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you that is really helpful.We are really looking forward to the experience.Did you find the lounge and pool area very busy -we have no sea days and are docking each day so I suspect it would be quiet.How did you find the speciality restaurant is it Le Muse ours is called L'etoile?

Thank you that is really helpful.We are really looking forward to the experience.Did you find the lounge and pool area very busy -we have no sea days and are docking each day so I suspect it would be quiet.How did you find the speciality restaurant is it Le Muse ours is called L'etoile?

All of the YC facilities were virtually empty (and YC was full for our sailing). It was WONDERFUL. I would say there were 10 loungers for each person up at the pool area and the lounge was never crowded.

We loved the food in Le Muse, although eating there 7 days a week got a little old (first world problems!)

Here is a link to some pictures and videos I took.

http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/resstation/library/

We were on the same cruise as Resstation and I agree with everything he/she said. The YC is an amazing experience and better than any other ship (16 of 'em) we have sailed on. We had breakfast every morning at the One Bar, next to the One Pool area. They had eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, fruit and yogurt and it was all good. As said above, the One Pool area was quiet and pretty empty --- nothing like the pools in the rest of the ship. We liked the YC so much that we have booked two more cruises there in the next 9 months.

Edited by Danbee46

Resstation, how was the coffee service handled in YC? Will they bring a pot to your room every morning? Do they have an espresso maker in the YC? I like jumbo iced latte in the AM.

Oh dear, the coffee. Evidently it was just me, because my husband handled their coffee just fine (having several lattes each day). One cup of their coffee for me was akin to a 2 week colon cleanse (sorry to be so graphic).

There are espresso makers ALL over the ship - in YC and at every single bar. There is even a coffee bar with amazing coffee drinks on deck 7 (extra cost).

The cups are tiny. The only place you can find plain old American watered down coffee is in the buffet, complete with large mugs.

Rest assured that if you ask your concierge for something (coffee pot every morning, made a certain way) you will get it, eventually. It may be wrong the first time, they may forget one day, but they are very accommodating and will try to do what they can to make you happy.

Oh dear, the coffee. Evidently it was just me, because my husband handled their coffee just fine (having several lattes each day). One cup of their coffee for me was akin to a 2 week colon cleanse (sorry to be so graphic).

There are espresso makers ALL over the ship - in YC and at every single bar. There is even a coffee bar with amazing coffee drinks on deck 7 (extra cost).

The cups are tiny. The only place you can find plain old American watered down coffee is in the buffet, complete with large mugs.

Rest assured that if you ask your concierge for something (coffee pot every morning, made a certain way) you will get it, eventually. It may be wrong the first time, they may forget one day, but they are very accommodating and will try to do what they can to make you happy.

Is espresso free in Yc?

Is espresso free in Yc?

Yes, all coffee drinks (and most other drinks) are free in the YC. The only thing you would have to pay extra for would be the drinks and wine listed in the "premium" section of the bar menu. I didn't even look at that.

ooops double post

Edited by GOLDENBONNY

Haha, I understand what you're saying. But I think I'll be like your husband. The blacker and stronger, the better for me.

You mentioned the "premium" drinks in the YC. I know you said you didn't look but did you get any idea what some of them might be? When we booked, I missed out on a $200 onboard credit for some strange reason so to make me feel better they threw in a "premium" package for us where we could order ANYthing in the YC for no charge. I'm just wondering if that includes crazy high end liquors like Johnny Walker Blue. In my fantasy world they'd have Remy Martin Louis Xiii at $3000 a bottle I could guzzle all week. LOL I somehow think they won't though! And no, I don't drink anything that fancy......ever. I once asked at a Morton's steak house bar if I could stick my finger in the bottle for $20 just to see what it tasted like. I was denied. LOL

Haha, I understand what you're saying. But I think I'll be like your husband. The blacker and stronger, the better for me.

You mentioned the "premium" drinks in the YC. I know you said you didn't look but did you get any idea what some of them might be? When we booked, I missed out on a $200 onboard credit for some strange reason so to make me feel better they threw in a "premium" package for us where we could order ANYthing in the YC for no charge. I'm just wondering if that includes crazy high end liquors like Johnny Walker Blue. In my fantasy world they'd have Remy Martin Louis Xiii at $3000 a bottle I could guzzle all week. LOL I somehow think they won't though! And no, I don't drink anything that fancy......ever. I once asked at a Morton's steak house bar if I could stick my finger in the bottle for $20 just to see what it tasted like. I was denied. LOL

After reading your posts on this board, we would get along just fine. My husband and I would have asked the same thing! LOL

Here you go...these were links posted here on cc by another cruiser.

divinabar1401.jpg

divinabar1402.jpg

My wife and I are great seafood lovers and I wonder if anyone could tell me if there is seafood availablein the YC i.e lobster ,crabs ,scallops etc. in the main restaurant ,midnight feast etc.?

These boards always get me giggling. Thank you for pointing out what seafood is!

Its a cruise. They don't force anyone (YC or not) to eat beef or poultry 24/7.

There was always seafood on the menu every night in Le Muse, the YC restaurant. There is no midnight feast in YC. I don't think there is one elsewhere either. Lobster was served on the second gala night on our sailing.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

Sorry did not want to sound patronising but I did enquire a while ago and had a few responses sayoing there was mackerel and salmon!

We are on the Fantasia in a fortnight and looking forward to the Yacht club I really wanted to do the research of the benefits of the YC before embarking.

Sorry did not want to sound patronising but I did enquire a while ago and had a few responses sayoing there was mackerel and salmon!

We are on the Fantasia in a fortnight and looking forward to the Yacht club I really wanted to do the research of the benefits of the YC before embarking.

Please, no apology needed. I am the one to apologize!

You will LOVE the Yacht Club. It is aptly named because you will feel you are on a private yacht. It is money well spent, in my opinion.

Please, no apology needed. I am the one to apologize!

You will LOVE the Yacht Club. It is aptly named because you will feel you are on a private yacht. It is money well spent, in my opinion.

Thank you really looking forward to the experience we are not regular cruisers about every 2 years as we are Disney fans and tend to vist WDW a couple of times a year.Occasionally cruising from Miami or this year from Port Canaveral on the Freedom of the seas.

• 2 years later...
This thread is from almost 3 years ago. Now sure how current the information is now

It's been over a year since our last cruise in Yacht Club but I'm sure the info is all still current. The prices on the menu were the same. Other than the additional cost, the Yacht Club experience is heavenly - lounge, pool, bar, restaurant, and especially the service.

It's been over a year since our last cruise in Yacht Club but I'm sure the info is all still current. The prices on the menu were the same. Other than the additional cost, the Yacht Club experience is heavenly - lounge, pool, bar, restaurant, and especially the service.

Thanks. Looking forward to the YC experience. Seems everyone who has sailed in YC has nothing but great things to say about the whole experience.

• 3 weeks later...

I learned a lot reading through this thread. My family and I are sailing Divina YC this summer and I can't wait.

Our last cruise in 2015 was aboard the Disney Dream, so I am anxious to compare the two.