Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I agree a little crazy to see it being built [emoji15]. Sailing the week before you:).

I'm sailing on the three day in November, I'll have a very detailed review up for future ncl escape cruisers

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Hi Lloyd, I enjoy(ed) your pinterest board, thanks! You should get the Meyer Minions to take some more pics of Escape. ;)

Glad that you like the boards. When the Minions come across some great photos, they'll be sure to post forward any photos. :D

Phew, what to do when you're snowed in? Go through all 62 pages of this thread. Just booked the Escape for a cruise two years from now. Can't pass up the UDP, UBP, OBC and prepaid DSC. Sorry kids, there goes your inheritance. I appreciate all the info I gleaned from here. Never thought I'd want to cruise one of the megaships, but I've to try this one.

We just booked Escape for April 2016. Thought about Getaway but decided for $200 more to sail the newer ship and the eastern Caribbean as opposed to the western trip.

We booked a M6 Mini-suite on deck 8. went with the UDP as we are foodies and our last trip on NCL we never made it to the MDR as the specialties got in the way. :cool:

this is the furthest out i have ever booked a cruise and for a ship not yet built. :cool:

this thread is top notch!!!

Super excited about this ship! Just booked for the November 29th sailing and cannot wait! Went on the breakaway when it first came out, it will be nice to do the same with this ship :D

Fantastic thread so far will make sure to keep looking at updates.

Welcome, yeah there are a lot of new developments recently. we now know with onboard Entertainment's going to be

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Meyer Werft webcam image from March 2nd.

2015_03_02_Halle_6_W466.jpg

edit; it appears they moved the whole, err half, ship towards the back of the building hall. The Spa pool (as found by Barnacle) still can be seen on the foreground so the bridge part is facing to the left so we're looking from aft to bow?

Today's webcam shot, can't get my iPad to copy the image url, grmbl...

http://www.meyerwerft.de/de/meyerwerft_de/werft/das_unternehmen/webcam/webcam.jsp

Alright guys/gals I need some advice for staterooms for the Novemeber 29th sailing. I am thinking either a b1 or b6 balcony. Price is about the same like $80 difference. The B1 AFT is just a guarantee stateroom it doesn't actually let me pick the individual room. Anyone have experience with this? I just don't want to get stuck with a crappy room that has no loungers on it for an aft balcony. Or am i crazy and should i just book a regular balcony room? Any advice is greatly appreciated guys and gals.

Thanks

So sorry to ask this in case it's already been covered on this thread, but.....Does anyone know for sure which of the dining venues are considered "a la carte" and therefore NOT included in the package? None of the NCL ships we've been on to date have had "a la carte" venues. This will be the first UDP we've tried....and I assume we'll be able to dine at Cagney's, Le Bistro, la Cucina, Teppanyaki and Moderno, but I'm guessing not at the brand new venues (Bayamo, Pincho Tapas or Food Republic). We're booked in a haven family villa and we'll likely never have dinner in the Haven's dining room!....what a shame!

So sorry to ask this in case it's already been covered on this thread, but.....Does anyone know for sure which of the dining venues are considered "a la carte" and therefore NOT included in the package? None of the NCL ships we've been on to date have had "a la carte" venues. This will be the first UDP we've tried....and I assume we'll be able to dine at Cagney's, Le Bistro, la Cucina, Teppanyaki and Moderno, but I'm guessing not at the brand new venues (Bayamo, Pincho Tapas or Food Republic). We're booked in a haven family villa and we'll likely never have dinner in the Haven's dining room!....what a shame!

Nobody knows for sure, it has not been announced yet for Escape. The best you'll find on this thread is educated guesses based on precedent from other recent new builds.

Alright guys/gals I need some advice for staterooms for the Novemeber 29th sailing. I am thinking either a b1 or b6 balcony. Price is about the same like $80 difference. The B1 AFT is just a guarantee stateroom it doesn't actually let me pick the individual room. Anyone have experience with this? I just don't want to get stuck with a crappy room that has no loungers on it for an aft balcony. Or am i crazy and should i just book a regular balcony room? Any advice is greatly appreciated guys and gals.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure when you get to the actual booking part, it will not allow you to book a guarantee for a B1. A B1 is the highest cat of balcony you can go. If there aren't any available, it's not going to let you book. You can try it, but I'm pretty sure you'll get an error message.

We had a B6 and loved it. Nice big balcony. If you can't get the B1, go with the B6.

I'm pretty sure when you get to the actual booking part, it will not allow you to book a guarantee for a B1. A B1 is the highest cat of balcony you can go. If there aren't any available, it's not going to let you book. You can try it, but I'm pretty sure you'll get an error message.

We had a B6 and loved it. Nice big balcony. If you can't get the B1, go with the B6.

I just went through a booking for BA that had only H6 guarantees available. When I booked it, I was assigned a cabin (a H6) that was the last one I saw available a week or so prior. I then proceeded to courtesy hold on another H6 and got another guarantee and another real H6 cabin. When I looked again, there were no H6s available and I wasn't offered a guarantee.

So, I would think the same thing may be happening.