Service Charge Questions please.....

anitsiva

Or they have read a million times LMB's opinion in the matter. Nothing preconceived about it. It has been stated way too many times too count.

Sorry, Jose. I don't see lucky.

And I can't find 1 or 2 of the million times that lmb has advocated tipping no one.

I find that each poster ( almost )has a unique point of view, and I like to read lmb' s posts.

Seems to have cruised a great deal more than most and has good info.

Just because you don,t like the style doesn't mean there is no substance.

Nothing on cruise critic is worth getting riled up about. Jeez.

Edited by DrNora
Changed get to getting before I get corrected!,,,

Sorry, Jose. I don't see lucky.

And I can't find 1 or 2 of the million times that lmb has advocated tipping no one.

I find that each poster ( almost )has a unique point of view, and I like to read lmb' s posts.

Seems to have cruised a great deal more than most and has good info.

Just because you don,t like the style doesn't mean there is no substance.

Nothing on cruise critic is worth getting riled up about. Jeez.

...or at least that is what he claims.

Not only do you say

"Adjust" , to be crystal-clear, you add"up OR down". ( emphasis mine) . I have never taken your signature as a message, hint or suggestion to remove tips.

If that is what a reader gets from your sig. line, it is their own prejudice / preconceived notion showing.

I've seem LMB post MANY times that "it's your money, save it if you feel like it"....and then in another breath acknowledges it's the crew's primary wages... I consider it mean to purposefully still somebody of their primary wages. And I've cruised a fair amount too. I list them in my signature.

Or they have read a million times LMB's opinion in the matter. Nothing preconceived about it. It has been stated way too many times too count.

This ^^^^

I've seem LMB post MANY times that "it's your money, save it if you feel like it"

Do us all a favor and pull a couple of the threads where I have said 'save it if you feel like it'. I often say it's your money and your choice. Which is again, a fact. Far from the quote you are trying to attach to me. Since I have done it MANY times, your words, you should have no problem pulling up those quotes. Ready, go. Again, I think your reading comprehension is lacking, but go ahead and prove me wrong.

Do us all a favor and pull a couple of the threads where I have said 'save it if you feel like it'. I often say it's your money and your choice. Which is again, a fact. Far from the quote you are trying to attach to me. Since I have done it MANY times, your words, you should have no problem pulling up those quotes. Ready, go. Again, I think your reading comprehension is lacking, but go ahead and prove me wrong.

So I have a question: what do you mean by "your choice"? Do you mean "spend it, or don't spend it"? Isn't "don't spend it" the same as "save it"?

Here are the posts...you're correct and I apologize, you were more concise than I gave you credit for...both as LMB, and as your alter ego.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41448951&highlight=it+s+your+money#post41448951

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=33184023&highlight=it+s+your+money#post33184023

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38945019&highlight=it+s+your+money#post38945019

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35694886&highlight=it+s+your+money#post35694886

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37117762&highlight=it+s+your+money#post37117762

I just read that the Kids Club staff are not included in the Service Charge. Is it customary to tip the kids club crew and if so how much for a week long cruise? We have 2 kids that will be using the club periodically throughout the week. I am sorry to say we did not tip them on our last NCL as I assumed that they were included.

Also, we are thinking of prepaying the service charge to limit our on board expense. What are the disadvantages to prepaying? Is there the potential to not recieve the best service since the staff may be aware of who has prepaid?

I am sure others have suggested tipping prices for the kids club, I have no real idea, except I know it is customary. As for pre paying, it should not affect your service at all. Most cabin stewards do their best. Of course they are happy with a little extra tip, personally, in cash at the end of the cruise, but this certainly isn't mandatory. I am sure many do not tip above the normal amount.

eHow website says NCL pays these workers between $8-10 per hour. Not big wages. They earn their tips.

Link below:

http://www.ehow.com/info_10017754_salary-ncl-youth-counselors.html

Yeah, I know a couple of years old, but I doubt NCL has done to many across the board pay raises.:D

great post. Of course they are not, what most of us would consider paid well>

Jose thinks some people are taking this discussion way past the point of being reasonable. Has anyone spotted Lucky yet? I will tip you if you find him.

After you have been on CC for awhile you will see there are about 3 topics that are discussed weekly it seems: 1-tipping: 2-alcohol policies: 2-food. Welcome to CruiseCritic. oh and one more hot subject that comes up weekly: price drops after final payment.

Edited by newmexicoNita

After you have been on CC for awhile you will see there are about 3 topics that are discussed weekly it seems: 1-tipping: 2-alcohol policies: 2-food. Welcome to CruiseCritic. oh and one more hot subject that comes up weekly: price drops after final payment.

How could you forget smoking? And chair hogs, for that matter?