Caribbean princess?

scumbers

Hi

We were hooked on ruby for 14nt in 31st jan 15 but been informed this is now being changed to caribbean princess.

Just a few questions if ur able to help

Will my cabin be any different as not sure if size and location change from ruby to caribbean- have confirmed same room number

Is there still same amenities on board ie international cafe etc

I hear caribbean princess is going for dry dock soon. What have they got planned does anyone know?

Thanks all

Hi

We were hooked on ruby for 14nt in 31st jan 15 but been informed this is now being changed to caribbean princess.

Just a few questions if ur able to help

Will my cabin be any different as not sure if size and location change from ruby to caribbean- have confirmed same room number

Is there still same amenities on board ie international cafe etc

I hear caribbean princess is going for dry dock soon. What have they got planned does anyone know?

Thanks all

Well its an older ship and the Ruby was the newest until the Royal launched. Don't know what cabin you have but most are very similar.

The CB had all the newest things added a few years ago (IC, Crown Grill etc). For the drydock don't count on anything other then normal maintenance, painting the hull, carpeting on some areas etc. Thats about it.

We like the CB.

Ok cool do you think it would show it's an older ship as we have cruised on ruby s few years ago? We are booked in C410 which is a B1 balcony on caribe deck.

Oh if it's already had a lot of new features added that's good. And a spruce up is always good

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ok cool do you think it would show it's an older ship as we have cruised on ruby s few years ago? We are booked in C410 which is a B1 balcony on caribe deck.

Oh if it's already had a lot of new features added that's good. And a spruce up is always good

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Princess does an excellent job on upkeep always cleaning, painting etc.

Other then the occasional rust spot, minor wear here and there I don't think you would be dissappointed.

I think you will be pleased with the Caribbean Princess. She has one feature the Ruby does not have - Skywalker's lounge with a commanding view. The aft lounge on the Ruby is nice, but IMHO does not compare with the views from Skywalker's.

Your cabin will be very similar, and the balcony will be just as big, and partially covered on Caribe deck.

I think you will be pleased with the Caribbean Princess. She has one feature the Ruby does not have - Skywalker's lounge with a commanding view. The aft lounge on the Ruby is nice, but IMHO does not compare with the views from Skywalker's.

Your cabin will be very similar, and the balcony will be just as big, and partially covered on Caribe deck.

The Ruby has Skywalkers. :eek:

I think the view is as good.

Just sailed on the CB. Word was dry dock is mostly to relocate Skywalkers like has been done on the other ships that were originally built this way. To the OP, we've been on both ships and the Ruby is my fav but the CB runs a very close 2nd.

Just sailed on the CB. Word was dry dock is mostly to relocate Skywalkers like has been done on the other ships that were originally built this way. To the OP, we've been on both ships and the Ruby is my fav but the CB runs a very close 2nd.
Skywalkers has only been removed from the original Grand. The upcoming drydock appears to be only from May 3 to May 15 which is a minor drydock with no significant modifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

There will be four new inside cabins on the CB that do not exist on the current ship map.

They are inside cabins C324, C328, C332 and C336 (located opposite the currently numbered balcony cabins C322, C324, C326 and C328 which will be renumbered).

We'll be on the CB on May 15th... I sure hope the drydock goes well.

I'll report out how she looks on the 15th, but I am sure she'll look great. It's amazing how much they can do during even a short drydock.... If a ship is off the line, I have to think they'll do more than paint the hull and add some new cabins...

This was the ship that "re-introduced" me to cruising after a long layoff, so this ship will always be one of my favorites.

We'll be on that sailing as well!

They are inside cabins C324, C328, C332 and C336 (located opposite the currently numbered balcony cabins C322, C324, C326 and C328 which will be renumbered).

They have also blocked out one of the window suites (F303).

Edited by todd-r

The Ruby has Skywalkers. :eek:

I think the view is as good.

I've been on the CB and the Crown, which is the sister of the Ruby. IMHO Skywalkers on the CB has a much bester view than that to the Crown. That said, the view from the Crown Skywalkers is great, not not as great as on the CB.

I've been on the CB and the Crown, which is the sister of the Ruby. IMHO Skywalkers on the CB has a much bester view than that to the Crown. That said, the view from the Crown Skywalkers is great, not not as great as on the CB.
Haven't been on the CB, but we have been in "set back" Skywalkers on the Emerald and the Sapphire and I much prefer the view from the "shopping cart handle" Skywalkers on the Golden and the Star. That is just my opinion however.

I'll report out how she looks on the 15th, but I am sure she'll look great. It's amazing how much they can do during even a short drydock.... If a ship is off the line, I have to think they'll do more than paint the hull and add some new cabins...

This was the ship that "re-introduced" me to cruising after a long layoff, so this ship will always be one of my favorites.

A 12 day drydock is a minor drydock for routine maintenance items on the hull, engines and the sort that can't be done when a ship is at sea. Princess ships have such drydocks about every three years.

We'll be on that sailing as well!

They have also blocked out one of the window suites (F303).

We have WS F303 booked on May 31, 2014, we have stayed there before and sorry to hear it will no longer be available.

Sharon

On the deck plan, yes. But it's not available for booking. A blank space shows on the booking map.

Same with E629. And also all of the obstructed view cabins on Deck 6 on the Ocean. I went to another website that sells cruises and made a pretend booking on the CB and those cabins both showed up as available for sale. I thought it was just my computer being wonky; I guess it's Princess being wonky.