What has been your experiences on Independence?

You will find Indy virtually identical to Liberty. Liberty still has Portofino, while Indy has changed to Giovanni's. Liberty also has the Dreamworks characters, while Indy does not.

We are considering going on Independence, and just like to learn what experiences others have had on that ship. We have been on Liberty, which is in the same class.....and on many other of the Royal line.

I sailed on Indy last June and loved her so much that I have booked two further cruises on her this year. I can't wait to get back on the ship. I didn't have one problem, the staff and crew were lovely, the ship in good condition and my only regret is that Indy is leaving Southampton at the end of the year for pastures new. I will miss her.

You will find Indy virtually identical to Liberty. Liberty still has Portofino, while Indy has changed to Giovanni's. Liberty also has the Dreamworks characters, while Indy does not.

Having the DreamWorks characters or not, won't affect us -- specifically. We don't have small children, who would really enjoy them. It could mean that less children will be on board, again....not an issue....I love having children on board....fine with us either way.

I loved our cruise on Liberty. Had a ball, and Independence has a nice itinerary that we are looking at for early 2015.

We were on Indy twice last year - Before and after refit. Out of 20 something cruises, I believe we like that ship the best. DW broke her arm a week before we left and her arm was in a cast. In the WJ, waiters, busboys as well as management fell all over themselves to help her with food service. Couldn't have asked for better service.

Hi,

I recently cruised aboard the Independence of the Seas (Feb. 23 to March 1, 2014) and had a wonderful time. I also have cruised on the Liberty of the Seas twice (Feb. 2013 and Dec. 2011). Both ships are very similar, but there are some minor differences (as noted above). The Independence is in excellent condition and the crew members are very friendly. If you liked the Liberty, you will enjoy the Independence. I really like this class of ship. In fact, I am booked on the Freedom of the Seas for a cruise next year.

Chuck

We are considering going on Independence, and just like to learn what experiences others have had on that ship. We have been on Liberty, which is in the same class.....and on many other of the Royal line.

Been on the Indy twice and had a great time on both occasions. Going back for a third next year.

Thank you to everyone who replied......we enjoyed tremendously our Liberty cruise....from Karoake to the silly things at poolside....maybe ships should add 'poolside karoake'....just an idea. We have always had a great time on our Royal cruises -- expecting another terrific cruise on Allure in June 2014 and now looking to plan for January of 2015 -- Independence has a good 6 day sailing for us.

Thanks again!

Yay!

I can't wait to get back on Indy in September...

We haven't been on since the re-fit, so I am really looking forward to cupcake cupboard and signing up to one of the classes.

Really great to read everyone is loving Indy :)

Yay!

I can't wait to get back on Indy in September...

We haven't been on since the re-fit, so I am really looking forward to cupcake cupboard and signing up to one of the classes.

Really great to read everyone is loving Indy :)

What took place with the "refit"? I've never been on Indy but I have been on Freedom OTS.

What took place with the "refit"? I've never been on Indy but I have been on Freedom OTS.

Here is what they to Indy did back in May 2013:

Outdoor movie screen

Cupcake Cupboard

Giovanni’s Table

Digital Signage

Nursery

We're booked on Indy for mid April. Thanks for the comments, can't wait to board for the 8 day itin.

Joe

Boarding 12th April, disembarking 26th April. Our first RCL cruise (although our 12 cruise) and have been hearing/reading many good reviews of IOS so very much looking forward to the experience. A week tomorrow we fly out....Woohoo!

Boarding 12th April, disembarking 26th April. Our first RCL cruise (although our 12 cruise) and have been hearing/reading many good reviews of IOS so very much looking forward to the experience. A week tomorrow we fly out....Woohoo!

Hello, we will be on the 2nd half of your Indy cruise. April 20 to 26th. Come on over to Roll Calls for Royal, and join us.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Indy 6 day in January 2012. This past January 2013 we did the Liberty 5 day. I really like this size ship. We were with a large group on Indy and loved that they opened the partition between balconies and we had one huge long balcony! I thought the food and entertainment was a lot better on Liberty, though. (We were on Indy before the new menus, so maybe the food is better now.) I also thought service seemed better on the Liberty, but we loved both cruises so I think if you liked Liberty, you will like Indy.