Just back from Divina Yacht Club

kathiean

I have just one word to sum up our cruise on the Divina...

AMAZING!

There were three of us...myself, DD 21, and grandson 13 months.

We were totally spoiled in the Yacht Club. The service, food, ambiance were outstanding. I've booked YC again for September and cannot wait. Will post a review soon but in the meantime, I will be happy to answer any questions.

AMAZING!

We were totally spoiled in the Yacht Club. The service, food, ambiance were outstanding. I've booked YC again for September and cannot wait. Will post a review soon but in the meantime, I will be happy to answer any questions.

Looking forward to your review we are in the YC in 12 days time on the Fantasia

For the price, what cruise does it compare to?

We were in YC March 15-22. I can't compare it to another cruise line (I've been on 7 different major lines), because I've never experienced anything like it. It truly is like sailing on your own private yacht. No crowds, no silly rules (like having to check out a towel!), no bar tabs, no assigned seating, no imposed dining schedule. It is worth every penny.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were in YC March 15-22. I can't compare it to another cruise line (I've been on 7 different major lines), because I've never experienced anything like it. It truly is like sailing on your own private yacht. No crowds, no silly rules (like having to check out a towel!), no bar tabs, no assigned seating, no imposed dining schedule. It is worth every penny.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree 100%. I have been on 30 cruises, many different cruise lines, and NOTHING can compare or even come close. We had a penthouse suite on NCL but it was triple the cost of YC Divina. When MSC says it's a ship within a ship, they are spot-on!

I will definitely be giving the YC a try the next time we sail MSC!

My DH and I are doing YC on Divina in September and wondered how much it differed from our experience on a Canaries cruise where the clientele were mostly European, which was not a problem, other than they didn't speak a great deal of English. Did people mix well in YC and could people join each other for dinner. When my DH and I were on MSC Fantasia in YC there were very few english speaking people and we tended to be the only ones in the bar at night and there was no one to pal up with and join for dinner. We enjoy getting to know people from different areas and finding out the differences. We loved the YC theme which is why we are going back and will be interested to see what the differences are on the other side of the pond as it were. One of the things I loved about YC was the packing and unpacking, it was so great to get on a ship and not be bothered with that chore but to go straight to the bar and start the holiday.

AMAZING!

Kathy, it was great to be on the same cruise with you and your beautiful daughter and cutest GS. He stole the hearts of all who met him and he was so well behaved. Are you also sailing in December on Divina? We booked again for November.

Kathy, it was great to be on the same cruise with you and your beautiful daughter and cutest GS. He stole the hearts of all who met him and he was so well behaved. Are you also sailing in December on Divina? We booked again for November.

Hi cruisergal! We just booked September 20 and got the same cabin! Yay! Thanks for your kind words. I've never met so many truly wonderful people on a cruise! Are you staying in your same cabin also?

Hi cruisergal! We just booked September 20 and got the same cabin! Yay! Thanks for your kind words. I've never met so many truly wonderful people on a cruise! Are you staying in your same cabin also?

No, all of the "square" ones were booked but we are on a watch list for one to come open. I agree about meeting so many wonderful people this cruise. There was much more socializing in the YC and Le Muse than on our other Divina cruise. I think having more and more English speaking passengers will lead to further good times in the YC. My friend, Nancy's birthday is during the Nov. cruise.

Hi

What cabin numbers did you have Kathiean and Cruisergal1208 and did you like them.

Judith

We had 15031, one of the square ones. More space from the end of the bed to the mirrored wall. Loved it!! Any of the YC's on 15 would be good due to the close proximity to the Top Sail. We have also been in 15016 and it was fine. Will be in 15024 in November. Will be happy to answer any questions about the YC.

Edited by Cruisergal1208

AMAZING!

We also booked again immediately when we got home.

Not going until next March but are getting a YC3....had to go through a lot of dates to find one available.

For those going in the near future and did not read my prior post.....

Get the $10. future coupon when onboard. They will probably argue with you and say it is no good and try and get you to buy the $100. one.

I learned about it from a posting here before our cruise and told them that is how I KNOW they have it.

It only has a life span of 18 months but if you know you are going again...and what is $10 to gamble.

You get onboard credit based on the catagory of cabin you book.

Any YC cabin gives you $400. obc

I had that added to my next January booking and I even used an internet agency :O)

Not bad for $10 bucks

Hi

What cabin numbers did you have Kathiean and Cruisergal1208 and did you like them.

Judith

Hi Judith. We had 15028, also a square cabin. We had the king bed for me, the sofa bed for my daughter, and a pack n play for my grandson and STILL had plenty of room to maneuver around. Extremely spacious. Larger balcony also and they are the same price as all the other YC 1's.

Hi Judith. We had 15028, also a square cabin. We had the king bed for me, the sofa bed for my daughter, and a pack n play for my grandson and STILL had plenty of room to maneuver around. Extremely spacious. Larger balcony also and they are the same price as all the other YC 1's.

Was the sofa bed a single? or was it the full sized bed. MSC only allows a max of 3 to book the 4 square rooms on deck 15 and 16. Seems silly that they can't hold 4.

Was the sofa bed a single? or was it the full sized bed. MSC only allows a max of 3 to book the 4 square rooms on deck 15 and 16. Seems silly that they can't hold 4.

I thought that as well as the other narrower cabins hold 4.

Judith

We had 15031, one of the square ones. More space from the end of the bed to the mirrored wall. Loved it!! Any of the YC's on 15 would be good due to the close proximity to the Top Sail. We have also been in 15016 and it was fine. Will be in 15024 in November. Will be happy to answer any questions about the YC.

We are in that cabin and also have 15020/22/24/26 really looking forward to it. We are onboard for 14 nights so excited. There will be 3 of us in our cabin is there plenty storage space. We will probably have 5/6 suitcases. Did you find it at all noisy in the room.

Thanks Judith

Thanks we are in 15031 would have liked your cabin as our family is cabins 15020/22/24/26 but we are just across the hall so it will be fine.

Judith

For the price, what cruise does it compare to?

As a direct comparison here are some figures from two recent cruises

A) RCI eastern Med from Venice , 7 nights, in a grand suite (340 square feet. balcony 110 square feet)

Flights and transfers included.

Cost pp £1806.

Bar and seating area

P1000922.jpg

Beda area

P1000919.jpg

Bathroom

P1000924-1_zps8b233dcc.jpg

Balcony

8837f0a0-8aca-49e6-b934-c552305e26f2.jpg

B) MSC Divina eastern Med frm Venice in a YC1 (240 sq. ft, balcony 60 sq. ft)

Flights and transfers included.

Cost pp £1760

The whole suite

P1020616-2.jpg

Bathroom

P1020616-2.jpg

The RCI suite was much better than the MSC suite

Benefits:-

RCI

i) access to concierge lounge with free drinks betwen 5:00pm and 8:30pm

ii) services of a conciege

iii) priority boarding

iv) exclusive areas in theatre and certain areas on deck

(GOLD CARD HOLDERS ONLY, which all GS suites and above are given)

MSC

i) ALL INCLUSIVE DRINKS

ii) concierge and butler services

iii) priority boarding

iv) exclusive yacht club area 9lounge, dining and sun deck + limited spa services

So in terms of accomodation RCI wins but in ALL other benefits MSC is way, way ahead

ONe thing both suites had was a bottle opener in the bathroom!! WHY??

PEte

Edited by Skier52

ONe thing both suites had was a bottle opeher in the bathroom!! WHY??

JUST noticed posted mSC siute image twice instead of the bathroom

well here it is

P1020619.jpg

And for completeness here is the MSC YC1 balcony

P1020628-1_zpsce4fb204.jpg

BACK TO THE BOTTLE OPENERS

RCI bottle openr above the toilet roll

P1010177.jpg

MSC bottle oppener

P1020692_zpsed991a82.jpg

Edited by Skier52

ONe thing both suites had was a bottle opeher in the bathroom!! WHY??

To open bottles of course ;)

Those that have done both the NCL Haven and MSC YC say about the same thing. the cabin on NCL is better but the service and amenities of the YC was overall superior.

For a US comparison for the same week, from the same port of Miami, for a family of 4, (all 7 days except Breeze is 8)

NCL Getaway Haven $12,759

Celebrity Reflection Suite $ 10,996

Carnival Breeze Suite $7172

MSC Divina YC1 $5904

Hal Nieuw Amsterdam neptune suite $9734.88 (from FT.Lauderdale)

The MSC price for the YC is only slightly higher cost for an OV on Getaway.

To open bottles of course ;)

Those that have done both the NCL Haven and MSC YC say about the same thing. the cabin on NCL is better but the service and amenities of the YC was overall superior.

For a US comparison for the same week, from the same port of Miami, for a family of 4, (all 7 days except Breeze is 8)

NCL Getaway Haven $12,759

Celebrity Reflection Suite $ 10,996

Carnival Breeze Suite $7172

MSC Divina YC1 $5904

Hal Nieuw Amsterdam neptune suite $9734.88 (from FT.Lauderdale)

The MSC price for the YC is only slightly higher cost for an OV on Getaway.

And THAT is why I can't complain if they didn't have limes or the bacon was not to my liking or every employee didn't do exactly what I expected at any given time. We got MORE than our money's worth. There is nothing like feeling you're on your own yacht in that spacious and amazing pool area.

Hi Skier 52 - the Royal Suite Yacht Club YC3- it is more comparable in price and size to the RCL cruise you posted - here is is only $300 difference between YC1 and YC3 so brings you closer to your price and much better accommodations. So far more favourable on MSC in my book :rolleyes:

It was a full size. Does seem kind of silly that it's a triple. It could easily hold four.

I was able to compare our YC 1 square cabin with the Royal suite since my friend was in it...I would choose the YC 1 any day. While the balcony in the Royal was HUGE, it was all metal at the bottom and unusable at sea as it was incredibly windy. The bathroom was no bigger than the YC 1 and as Skier said, the square footage is no where near as large as NCL. Even though it was only $400 more for the Royal suite in September , we opted to get 15028 again. My one year old grandson loved the balcony and as it was glass at the bottom, he spent many hours staring out at the sea. But no matter where you stay in YC, it is an incredible experience...the best cruise ever according to my family and those we made friends with...