HAL Excursion Promo Code?

jarand

They are most likely talking about the "welcome back" bonus of on-board credit if you book within 30 days of your previous cruise. I don't know if it always available or only certain times of the year.

The OP is talking about excursions:confused:. What does that have to do with the welcome back bonus? Do they have a welcome back bonus for excursions. I'd love to hear about it if you rec'd one.

We received an email from HAL last year before our May cruise on the Zuiderdam offering a 10% discount on excursions. We put in the code and received $20 off each for the $199 White Pass & Yukon Railroad tour in Skagway, Alaska. It saved our group $80.

We didn't receive the same offer this year for the same cruise.

The OP is talking about excursions:confused:. What does that have to do with the welcome back bonus? Do they have a welcome back bonus for excursions. I'd love to hear about it if you rec'd one.

I thought I was being helpful and attempted to answer the question concerning promo codes. If I didn't, then my apologies to the OP.

What help was YOUR post? ;)

I thought I was being helpful and attempted to answer the question concerning promo codes. If I didn't, then my apologies to the OP.

But your post was about a welcome home promo. I'm sorry, I'm trying to understand the connection;). Please help me. So are you saying your post wasn't helpful;)?

She clarified that you weren't talking about the same thing the OP was asking about.

THAT was helpful.

It looks like what kjw869 mentioned is your likeliest explanation- a promo that is sent to a mariner to encourage them to book shore excursions. It happens I guess, although I have never had it sent to me. Sorry you didn't get one but enjoy your trip!

Hi

I never recieved a welcome back email after my cruise in November

Mary

I think that booking a future cruise DEPOSIT while onboard triggers the welcome back email (but only if you do not BOOK while onboard).

DaveOKC

I think that booking a future cruise DEPOSIT while onboard triggers the welcome back email (but only if you do not BOOK while onboard).

DaveOKC

We've gotten the email without having put down an FCD or booked on board ... but we don't always get it.

Edited by jtl513

Hi

I never recieved a welcome back email after my cruise in November

Mary

After our last cruise we got an email titled "Thank you for cruising with Holland America Lines.

It was not titled Welcome Back.

Edited by OVgirl

DaveOKC

I think you are right and we did get a email ,

Dear --------

On behalf of everyone at Holland America Line thank you for joining us on your recent voyage aboard the ms Nieuw Amsterdam. We hope that every cruise detail exceeded your expectations.

To show our appreciation for choosing Holland America Line, please accept a special bonus of up to $200 per person shipboard credit on your next new cruise booking. (You must book by May 20, 2014, to receive this special offer.) View shipboard credit details.

With our Mariner Society® Rewards Program you may be eligible for additional benefits on your next cruise. Now may be a good time to update your travel preferences, and let us know where you're interested in traveling next. We'll keep you posted on the latest itineraries — plus you'll be entered to win a cruise for two!

Connect with fellow Mariner Society members or friends you met on board with our online community at HollandAmericaBlog.com, Facebook, Twitter or YouTube. In addition to sharing memories, photos and videos, and discussing travel tips and advice, follow us and you'll be among the first to learn about the latest cruising news from Holland America Line.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard again soon.

Best regards,

Edited by we're sailing away....

It looks like what kjw869 mentioned is your likeliest explanation- a promo that is sent to a mariner to encourage them to book shore excursions. It happens I guess, although I have never had it sent to me. Sorry you didn't get one but enjoy your trip!

Found it. I received an email from HAL on 2/28/13 for 10% off the Alaskan excursions for our May 2013 cruise. The code was HAKP02 which expired 3/1/13.

I have not received any other offers since that email as we have an upcoming cruise in May, and completed one in January. We used Future Cruise Deposits for both.