Scandal on Sunshine?, you decide

TOP DECK

On the Sunshine's drawing for a $800 invicta watch, The person in charge of the drawing was joking and playing with an young boy 3 or 4 years old and the boys dad. The person in charge allowed the boy to draw the ticket from the clear plexiglass box. He pulled out his DAD's ticket. You might say these things happen.

The rest of the story might and did make us wonder. The box had hundreds and hundreds of red tickets in the box. Here comes the boy drawing out a BLUE TICKET of which there were only 4 or 5. His dad held the blue winning ticket.

So how did this person obtain BLUE TICKETS when no one else did. They stuck out like a sore thumb, assuming Carnival gave him the BLUE TICKETS for his purchase.

Then we heard later on same the person won the first drawing also. We did not see him at the 3rd and final drawing.

This is the definition of

scan·dal

noun \ˈskan-dəl\ : an occurrence in which people are shocked and upset because of behavior that is morally or legally wrong

: talk about the shocking or immoral things that people have done or are believed to have done

: something that is shocking, upsetting, or unacceptable

I've heard of luck - but that's pushing the ticket a bit. (no pun intended) Of course someone's eye (especially a young child's) would be drawn to the different colored ticket. I wonder if the father had the other couple of blue ticket halves in his possession. If so, his "win" was not a win - it was a set-up.

The scandal is it being mentioned as an $800 watch. That's most likely the "list price" but Invicta's are known for being some of the most highly discounted watches available. It's pretty typical to see them at 90% off of list!!

The scandal is it being mentioned as an $800 watch. That's most likely the "list price" but Invicta's are known for being some of the most highly discounted watches available. It's pretty typical to see them at 90% off of list!!

Very true. I gifted dh with an Invicta when on Conquest in Feb. (he had to stay home due to his tax season.) Got a $700 watch for $139. I saw them highly discounted when we cruised RCCL also.

Very true. I gifted dh with an Invicta when on Conquest in Feb. (he had to stay home due to his tax season.) Got a $700 watch for $139. I saw them highly discounted when we cruised RCCL also.

Not trying to be snarky, but you got a $139 watch for $139! It amazes me how people really think they are getting an amazing deal because it's discounted so highly. In reality, the only thing that matters is if you are happy with what you bought!!!

Well, strange things do happen. Just saw where a couple won the lottery 3 times in one month. One over a million and the other two in the 7-800 thousand. So maybe it was legit :D ..... then again, it could have been a setup :eek:

Save yourself the time and energy of worrying about those crappy events and just buy yourself an Invicta watch online if you really want one. I saw them for $79 on HauteLook and amazon at Christmas. Not the quality or dazzle Carnival raves them to be.

Edited by Jenna1983

Not trying to be snarky, but you got a $139 watch for $139! It amazes me how people really think they are getting an amazing deal because it's discounted so highly. In reality, the only thing that matters is if you are happy with what you bought!!!

Not snarky at all. I had my eye on this watch for months. Did my research online and in stores. Knew my prices. Got a good deal - could have gotten it at a Macy's for $350- even with their sales. I make sure I am educated about my purchases! And yes - I was happy, and even better, dh was thrilled with his gift!

Well, strange things do happen. Just saw where a couple won the lottery 3 times in one month. One over a million and the other two in the 7-800 thousand. So maybe it was legit :D ..... then again, it could have been a setup :eek:

I saw that on the news and wondered, HOW. One of the wins I think he bought 5 lotto tickets with the same numbers for the same drawing & won. Who does that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Last year on our trip aboard the Glory I won the Invicta watch with a value of $800.00! I immediately asked to exchange it for one priced less and was told no. Wonder why...

Invictas aren't bad watches, I have a small collection of them. The Grand Diver watches sold aboard the ship for $200-$300 are on Amazon for under $100.

One kinda cool thing is the ones that are numbered and in the ever-present "limited edition" blue face divers model. My wife and I purchased them for $200 each aboard the Triumph in December. While good looking watches, the same model with a two-tone band is on Amazon for $129.

Automatic Invictas in the divers series seem to be the best bargain, but you will not find these $79 marvels at sea.

Edited by BallFour4

I just buy the $10 watches first day so I do not need to carry my phone around to make the shows etc. I do not wear one daily and always forget to put one on before leaving the house. I now have 3 @10 watches in my night stand.

Anyone want a watch for $20 :)

I think there are a lot of folks like me that have not yet bonded with a smart phone so I use a watch due to not always having the phone on me. The way I look at it, the person can either call later or leave a message for me to return the call at my convenience. Regardless of what someone pays for something, the biggie is are they happy with it! That is the thing that counts.

I just buy the $10 watches first day so I do not need to carry my phone around to make the shows etc. I do not wear one daily and always forget to put one on before leaving the house. I now have 3 @10 watches in my night stand.

Anyone want a watch for $20 :)

Me too. I lock my phone up for the cruise. It is the only time I can be off the grid. I never remember to bring a watch and end up buying a $10 one for ports. Then I bring it home and forget about it until I am on the ship thinking, "Hmmm, i need a watch"

My Mom worked at a shoe shop that employed over 600 people back in the 60's when I was a child. She played the pool, 1$ per week for herself and my Dad who also worked there. Anyway after many years she finally won and the Jackpot was a little over $600. Lot of money back the when my dad only made $60/Week. Well luck was on her side when she proceeded to pull her name 3 more weeks in a row. Talk about some pissed off coworkers.....:)