Wine question-Screw on top

dptt

If I bring a bottle of wine on board that has a SCREW on Top and open it in the dinning room, do I still have to pay a corkage fee?

On CB right now. Didn't take the time to read whole thread as on platinum minutes but did see post was tongue in cheek so couldn't resist telling this tale!!

Took a nice bottle of Italian Pinot Grigio to the Italian dinner last night. It had a screw top: the assailant waiter took great liberties in making the removal of the top look like it was a very elegant thing to do!!

Had to pay the $15. We called it screwkage :eek: :D

On CB right now. Didn't take the time to read whole thread as on platinum minutes but did see post was tongue in cheek so couldn't resist telling this tale!!

Took a nice bottle of Italian Pinot Grigio to the Italian dinner last night. It had a screw top: the assailant waiter took great liberties in making the removal of the top look like it was a very elegant thing to do!!

Had to pay the $15. We called it screwkage :eek: :D

Well!! There you go!! :)

Ok I had memories of a few hangovers (in my younger years) from reading these lists! Thanks, I needed the laugh, it was much better than shoveling the 8" of snow (& still snowing hard) that I gave yet to do...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, it was an April Fool's joke. But, I never imagined it would bring so many replies and memories from people. It makes me feel good that I was able to bring laughter and smiles to all my cruising allies.

Yes, it was an April Fool's joke. But, I never imagined it would bring so many replies and memories from people. It makes me feel good that I was able to bring laughter and smiles to all my cruising allies.
Definitely! Thanks.:)

Only if it is Ripple.

Mike;)

Ripple Red or Ripple White? Six pack bottles or 375 ml? I was partial to Red six-packs!

Night Train, Mad Dog, Bali Hai, Thunderbird, Wild Irish Rose, Silver Satin (with Kool Aid - the S.S. & Kool). Put these rascals in the wine package!

Ripple Red or Ripple White? Six pack bottles or 375 ml? I was partial to Red six-packs!

Night Train, Mad Dog, Bali Hai, Thunderbird, Wild Irish Rose, Silver Satin (with Kool Aid - the S.S. & Kool). Put these rascals in the wine package!

No such thing as a 375ml :eek: bottle.

Everything was measured in 40 ounces. :p

You guys are way too funny (and yes, brings back memories, some not so clear now) but on the same topic........ I booked a 5 day just to cruise around the caribbean and I see that Princess now prints on the boarding pass the wine policy. One per person , no fee but any after that you pay a corkage EVEN if you drink it in your room. My question is: If you pay corkage when you board on the extra bottles, do you pay again if you take it to the MDR?

You guys are way too funny (and yes, brings back memories, some not so clear now) but on the same topic........ I booked a 5 day just to cruise around the caribbean and I see that Princess now prints on the boarding pass the wine policy. One per person , no fee but any after that you pay a corkage EVEN if you drink it in your room. My question is: If you pay corkage when you board on the extra bottles, do you pay again if you take it to the MDR?

No you pay once on the bottle, the fee is for the public venues (MDR etc).