Back from indy

Just back from a 6 day on Indy. Honest eval to follow:

D+ and D lounge including concierge lounge-- was some of the best we've had. RAJ was fantastic-- on par with Mario at least. Deck 14- D lounge 2 servers and one staff. they were wonderful-- servers can't say enough about them.

Special Restaurants: Chops service was extra slow-- 2 steaks bad. No one mentioned there was Lobster available as it wasn't list on menu. Took forever to get table cleared off-- in fact finally left without desert.

Matree'd came over as we were leaving and insisted on knowing why we were leaving. tried to take it out side as to not disturb other guest but he kept on coming at us. There is no reason your server should be going back and forth with empty hands right past the table seeing the dish's are sitting there empty. Excuse me for saying but that's where the matree'd should be stepping in to help. After all he's probable the one who over booked the servers to start with.

Giovanni's started out as one of the best experiences-- but feel flat-- again at the finish. These guys are having trouble closing the night out. Either short handed forgetful.

Don't trust any res made on line--- now a days it's hard to believe it's so screwed up. Re check all res when on board-- bring your email confirmation.

Internet is still a problem-- connecting-- setting up account-- but service desk was quick to adjust. (Like most I don't need internet 24 /7 but I do have to work a few minutes-- it's frustrating taking 20 minutes to log in and out. Had my tablet but couldn't get it to connect. (maybe operator error)

One pleasant surprise--- red stripe beach. $28PP-- was great until around 1 when the beach really got crowded. Good music (even for 60 yr olds) beach clean, locals very nice and facilities clean. 10 minutes to port Falmouth. Cayman and Labadee-- well what can you say other then GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like your cruise was a mixed bag - did you enjoy it overall as you don't say?

I cruised on Indy last June and loved it so much I am going on two further cruises with her this year which I can't wait for.

I didn't do Chops so can't comment on that but did use Giovanni's three times and each time it was a fantastic experience. The food was excellent and the service extremely good.

I found the concierge lounge to be overcrowded and disappointing. Ended up hardly going in there due to how noisy it was.

Sorry -- yes it was a great cruise. I did hear that the special resturants were now taking more people in. Never heard that more employees would work there-- just more customers.

be early to red stripe beach.

ALSO forgot to mention: ship shows 2 times for bus to beach-- actually bus runs every 30 minutes. Don't know why they only show 2 times.

We didn't use the lounge much either-- deck 14 D+ & D area was larger, more seating (outside also) and very well staffed with very pleasant employees.

Just back from a 6 day on Indy. Honest eval to follow:

D+ and D lounge including concierge lounge-- was some of the best we've had. RAJ was fantastic-- on par with Mario at least. Deck 14- D lounge 2 servers and one staff. they were wonderful-- servers can't say enough about them.

Special Restaurants: Chops service was extra slow-- 2 steaks bad. No one mentioned there was Lobster available as it wasn't list on menu. Took forever to get table cleared off-- in fact finally left without desert.

Matree'd came over as we were leaving and insisted on knowing why we were leaving. tried to take it out side as to not disturb other guest but he kept on coming at us. There is no reason your server should be going back and forth with empty hands right past the table seeing the dish's are sitting there empty. Excuse me for saying but that's where the matree'd should be stepping in to help. After all he's probable the one who over booked the servers to start with.

Giovanni's started out as one of the best experiences-- but feel flat-- again at the finish. These guys are having trouble closing the night out. Either short handed forgetful.

Don't trust any res made on line--- now a days it's hard to believe it's so screwed up. Re check all res when on board-- bring your email confirmation.

Internet is still a problem-- connecting-- setting up account-- but service desk was quick to adjust. (Like most I don't need internet 24 /7 but I do have to work a few minutes-- it's frustrating taking 20 minutes to log in and out. Had my tablet but couldn't get it to connect. (maybe operator error)

One pleasant surprise--- red stripe beach. $28PP-- was great until around 1 when the beach really got crowded. Good music (even for 60 yr olds) beach clean, locals very nice and facilities clean. 10 minutes to port Falmouth. Cayman and Labadee-- well what can you say other then GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info. We sail on Indy on Sunday. Did you have to sign out pool towels?

Sailed many B2B+s this year on IOS and just got home too!

IOS is our favorite ship. We don't do specialty restaurants so can't comment.

Loved IOS and with the 3 free drinks on the card for our last 2 cruises due to Spring Break, the CL/DL was less crowded or we could go to any bar on the list. IOS was doing it for just 3 cruises due to the Spring Break crowd.

You could take your drink from the lounge and go find any other spot to drink it on all our cruises.

Raj is the best concierge, he is on holiday next week I think? Well deserved break for him.

NO signing out of pool towels.

Edited by CVU

Sailed many B2B+s this year on IOS and just got home too!

IOS is our favorite ship. We don't do specialty restaurants so can't comment.

Loved IOS and with the 3 free drinks on the card for our last 2 cruises due to Spring Break, the CL/DL was less crowded or we could go to any bar on the list. IOS was doing it for just 3 cruises due to the Spring Break crowd.

You could take your drink from the lounge and go find any other spot to drink it on all our cruises.

Raj is the best concierge, he is on holiday next week I think? Well deserved break for him.

NO signing out of pool towels.

While on cele in jun of 2014 they left chits of paper on the bed every day for drink coupons. IOS using back of card was very good. Some employees had problems and would just give the drink rather then try to figure back of card out. We didn't use all the drinks each day allotted. Would go to deck 14 pre dinner-- after dinner stop by bar on the way to the show and pick up one of the freebees.

Let me say this about Chops-- in all our outings that included Chops dining-- we only had one other problem at a chops. Oasis when she first started out-- waiters would gather several orders and WAIT to turn them in--- so if you got to the resturant early and some got there 20 minutes later-- all meals would be delivered the same time rather then by order of seating. They don't do that on that ship anymore-- or at least not since we've been back.

If you've been to dining other then ships-- you know that the finish up is just as important as the seating. We refer to it as closing the deal-- I'm not slighting the waiters--- but the Matree'd who should have helped clear finished meals off tables.