New Diamond Event policy

Last week I sent an email asking about this policy ... here is the response I received:

RE: Happy Hour Voucher Test Pilot Program.....

Thank you so much for this information. As many others, I thought this was going to be a permanent situation; seems it is only for a few initial sailings. We'll see what happens, I guess!

...the vouchers. Sailed B2B on the Independence and just missed the vouchers by a week. The vouchers would be perfect for us since we typically have 2 drinks at most before dinner.

The Viking Lounge was overcrowded every night and difficult to find seats. And that was the overflow location.

When we did find seats, the place was unreal...funny, amusing, and observed events we have never seen before:

* One guy had a whistle...and used it when he needed another drink. Other passengers complained but to no avail. I thought it was funny.

* Two passengers refused to show their cards at the door and demanded to get free drinks. Their reason was that they paid for the cruise and deserve to be in "that" lounge. Other passengers complained and said: "If you don't remove these guys, we'll get all our "non-diamond" friends to come up here and drink. Security was called...and guess what?....the "violating" passengers ran! I thought it was funny.

* A man with a small plate innocently went to the hor dourves line and got some food. A lady passenger, a few feet away, demanded: "Could you at least wait until I'm finished." There was no line and the man was away from the "entitled" lady. I thought it was funny.

* Security came rushing in another night and we didn't know what the problem was. Looking across the lounge, we see a man...with his head drop on the table, not moving. He was carried out. Didn't think that was funny.

Perhaps we shouldn't be wishing for the vouchers.....then we'll miss all the show at the lounge. :D:D:D;)

Do you happen to remember what wines were on the list? I know usually in the lounge it's Chardonnay or Merlot. Hoping maybe there are more choices at the bars.

Sure do. Here is the list of "Wines by the Glass":

St. Martin Chardonnay

Danzante Pinot Grigio

Beringer White Zinfandel

St. Martin Cabernet Sauvignon

St. Martin Merlot

Hope this helps!

We're on the Explorer later this month. Was the diamond event held in the 19th Hole? I know that you can get a variety of free drinks at the bars through out the ship during the diamond event with a limit of 3 drinks per person per night. Is it still only wine and soda in the diamond event or can you now get beer and mixed drinks for free?

Sorry, I don't know where the event was held. I was traveling with family who are not Diamond yet, so I just got my drinks from a bar. The paper you get in your stateroom lists spirits, wines by the glass and beers included in the program. At the bar I was told no frozen drinks and if I wanted a rum and coke I'd have to pay for the coke:eek:

So I just "suffered" with two Bailey's and one Jameson's each night:D

* One guy had a whistle...and used it when he needed another drink. Other passengers complained but to no avail. I thought it was funny.

* A man with a small plate innocently went to the hor dourves line and got some food. A lady passenger, a few feet away, demanded: "Could you at least wait until I'm finished." There was no line and the man was away from the "entitled" lady. I thought it was funny.

Oh. My. Gosh.

Just when I think I have seen it all.

JMO, but I believe D and D+ will only be allowed to use the D lounge in the near future and Pinnacle and Suite guests will use the CL lounge. I think the drink vouchers are to get D and D+ eased into knowing the D lounge is going to be very crowded very very soon. Again JMO.

I believe the CL should be for suite guests and whatever is the current top level of loyalty, be it Pinnacle or the next highest level to be created.

I also believe that suite guests should let their opinion be heard via mail straight to the operations group at RCL that makes these decisions and pass the word for others who think the same way to do the same. We don't have the huge numbers of the other very vocal " and rightfully so" levels of loyalty customers, but our wishes count also.

The great and growing numbers of C & A members at all the different levels can and should be cared for in designated lounges of their own and provided with drink coupons they can redeem anywhere they chose on the ship if their loung is overcrowded or they just want a change of pace or scenery.

Loyalty must always be recognized and rewarded for a business to prosper, and top accommodation seekers must also be treated as such. Businesses know this and will act accordingly.

Be you a loyalty customer wanting that loyalty rewarded, or a suite customer wanting the exclusive treatment the word suite denotes, let your voice be heard at the corporate level as well as the social median level.

RE: Happy Hour Voucher Test Pilot Program

Regrettably, we have not announced any additional sailings which will offer this program. We are very sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

Thanks Patty that answered my question. That was not the answer I was hoping for but hopefully Royal will receive enough positive feedback to expand the program permanently to all ships.

My wife and I are both D+ and it was nice to be able to find seats in both lounges.