Explorer is coming

Does anyone have any information or itinerary details on the Explorer of the Seas when she departs the UK to make her way here?

Jill :confused:

Waiting patiently to find out as well..! :(

Does anyone have any information or itinerary details on the Explorer of the Seas when she departs the UK to make her way here?

The only hints as to itinerary details I have seen so far were in an Apr 8 article in the Sydney Morning Herald http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/cruise-megaliner-explorer-of-the-seas-to-be-biggest-ship-ever-based-in-australia-20140407-368r7.html

"Explorer of the Seas will arrive in Sydney on 28 November 2015 and meet up with Voyager of the Seas, currently the largest ship based here during cruising season. Between them there will be more than 10,000 guests and crew onboard. The Explorer is currently based in Cape Liberty, New York, sailing the Caribbean, Bermuda and Canada.

In 2015, the ship will spend the northern summer in Southampton, England on its first European deployment before making its journey to Singapore in October.

From there, Explorer of the Seas will tour western and southern Australia, making maiden port stops at Fremantle, Adelaide, Melbourne and New Zealand. It will then make its way to Sydney."

Maybe you are right, it is odd that they have removed the explorer info from the website and left the quantum info there, they are also promoting the dining on quantum on instagram and have not released the deployment in china yet .... I would definitely go on her if she comes to Australia....

I think it will be 9 October 2015, getting to Singapore 3rd November, and Perth 13th November, before continuing on the southern side.

I guess all will be revealed soon enough, I just wish we could get a few new itineraries our of Sydney.

Unless some volcanic activity throws up some new islands - I can't imagine what "new" itineraries could be had out of Sydney/Brisbane

Barry

Some pricing is now up..... liking the Barcelona to Perth sectors will wait and see what our U.S agency comes up with price and extra's wise.... we only paid $700 odd for a balcony on the Mariner Barcelona to Dubai repo and we got a free restaurant voucher and OBC so not keen to pay what RCL are asking .... time will tell.... i can wait....:D.

Edited by badgerbill

Can anyone give me a quick basic run down of the differences between Voyager and Explorer. As I understand it, once Voyager returns from the dry dock upgrade later this year they will essentially be identical in features. Or am I wrong? Are there other dining and entertainment options that I'm just not aware of?

Reason I'm asking is that I wanted to do the full 14 night NZ itinerary that is on Radiance this coming season but I can't fit it into my schedule and I see that it's not being offered in 15/16 on her. I see it is available on both Voyager and Explorer that season and wondering if I should target one ship or the other or just go with which ever date suits best/is cheapest.

Can anyone give me a quick basic run down of the differences between Voyager and Explorer. As I understand it, once Voyager returns from the dry dock upgrade later this year they will essentially be identical in features. Or am I wrong? Are there other dining and entertainment options that I'm just not aware of?

No need to worry. The differences are only cosmetic.

Note that full details for the refurbishments have not been released yet, and it's possible they'll add e.g. one restaurant to one and not another or have some other tweak like that occur. However, there shouldn't be any major differences between the two.