Explorer is coming

Small preview of the virtual balconies as installed on Explorer and Voyager's sister ship Navigator...

I still wonder whether it's live, or just simulated. e.g. do you get grey skies and rough seas in a storm? Or is it just a 'happy feelings' screen saver kind of thing.

Perhaps the thinking is that they will send the big ships because the ports where they can actually dock are limited and there is far more to do on the mammoth ships on sea days.

Part of their refurbishments is to add tenders, so they can cover most ports the smaller ships do.

That was part of their refurbishment rationale, to enable them to be deployed here without so many limitations.

Edited by The_Big_M

I still wonder whether it's live, or just simulated. e.g. do you get grey skies and rough seas in a storm? Or is it just a 'happy feelings' screen saver kind of thing.

From what I've read the view is live from camera's on the ship, you can select which direction you wish to view. There are also microphones that pipe in outside sounds as well.

From what I've read the view is live from camera's on the ship, you can select which direction you wish to view. There are also microphones that pipe in outside sounds as well.
Yes, it's all live footage. For example, when you're in port, you can see what's actually happening in port.

Explorer of the Seas will receive a dry dock in March 2015. The last cruise finishes in Port Canaveral 12 March 2015. Next cruise starts in Southampton 24 April 2015. A Trans Atlantic should run one side of dry dock but one thread claims it will run non revenue across the tub. Venue of dry dock not known at this stage.

I didn't get one either.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Finally got the email this morning...... such old news now!!

Just got mine today as well. It appears they may have all been generated though at an earlier date as it has my C&A as Emerald on the email, but my online profile had been updated to Diamond a few days ago.

Maybe they set them to send in batches to not overburden their system?

Maybe alphabetically by surname? My surname starts with M so I'm down the alpha list a little. :)

Just got mine today as well. It appears they may have all been generated though at an earlier date as it has my C&A as Emerald on the email, but my online profile had been updated to Diamond a few days ago.

Maybe they set them to send in batches to not overburden their system?

Maybe alphabetically by surname? My surname starts with M so I'm down the alpha list a little. :)

Mine starts with J...... not so far from M.

Next........:D

Edit: theory that is

Next theory - perhaps it's class based and since I'm not yet platinum perhaps I don't get the exciting emails.... :(

I received the Explorer email for the second time this morning after first getting it a few days ago. I was excited for a moment or two thinking they were announcing yet another new ship for Australia but no such luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok gang, new theory!

Maybe it's based on email addresses in alpha order? :D

Mine starts with J.

The poster above says they got it twice, so looks like there were two batches.

I believe today's batches are C&A members, not sure who the first batch were.

The poster above says they got it twice, so looks like there were two batches.

I believe today's batches are C&A members, not sure who the first batch were.

I checked my two emails - the first (Apr 4) went to the 'spam' email address I use to sign up for newsletters and the like which I would have been done ages ago before I started sailing on Royal. It was a bit weird as the subject line was 'Proof 1 (AUS NONCAS): Welcome to Royal Caribbean, start planning your dream cruise today!'

The second that arrived this morning was addressed to my 'normal' email address and was sent to me as a Crown and Anchor member (quoting my real name and C&A number).

I am thinking the first email was sent early by mistake to their 'NONCAS' database!

Ok gang, new theory!

Maybe it's based on email addresses in alpha order? :D

Mine starts with J.

Don't think so - DH and I got ours this morning at the same time (different email addresses, one starts with B, other with U