my 11 yr old has question about free drink

tried to post this before and had an error, so if a duplicate, i am sorry...

My son brought this up and i do not know the anser:

this will be my kids 2nd cruise. my husband and i started getting the voucher for the free drink in the MDR on our second cruise,

will our kids get one this time?

wasnt sure if they do this for kids also?

and if so, can they use for soda, or non alcoholic froen drink?

thanks!!!

I am leaving in 5 days for our second carnival cruise. What is the free drink coupon and how do we get it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is simply a coupon for one free drink. It should be waiting for you in your cabin when you arrive, so look through the papers on the bed or table before tossing them as advertisements. It's a thank you for sailing with us again kind of thing.

Seems like there are only certain places (MDR?) that it can be used. I may still have one in some of my old Fun Times from past cruises. I'll see what I can find when I have time latter today or tomorrow.

It should be waiting for you in your cabin when you arrive, so look through the papers on the bed or table before tossing them as advertisements. It's a thank you for sailing with us again kind of thing.

Always check papers on your bed, you could be invited to something fun or new or hokey....who knows!

tried to post this before and had an error, so if a duplicate, i am sorry...

My son brought this up and i do not know the anser:

this will be my kids 2nd cruise. my husband and i started getting the voucher for the free drink in the MDR on our second cruise,

will our kids get one this time?

wasnt sure if they do this for kids also?

and if so, can they use for soda, or non alcoholic froen drink?

thanks!!!

Yes, but at 11, they should be thinking all their drinks are free!

I have a funny story about drinks and kids. A few years ago my family and I went on a cruise, my son was 14 at the time. When we boarded we all got a "fufu" drink to celebrate, but I guess the waiter didn't hear us ask for one virgin...... the look on my son's face when he took a drink of his was priceless and an immediate red flag that his was NOT virgin. It was the only pina colada in the order and I thought it looked a little on the "brown" side. I was more then happy to relieve him of the poison and secure him a real non alcoholic drink. We still tell that story 9 years after.......

Moral of the story, if you have a group of people and request a virgin drink among a bunch of non virgins make the waiter repeat the order :D

Yes, but at 11, they should be thinking all their drinks are free!

No, they need to be aware of how much those drinks are costing mom and dad! :) Makes them appreciative. I bought my kids soda cards, then they wanted smoothies all the time! I bought some here and there of course, but they definitely understood that smoothies were not "free"!

I have a funny story about drinks and kids. A few years ago my family and I went on a cruise, my son was 14 at the time. When we boarded we all got a "fufu" drink to celebrate, but I guess the waiter didn't hear us ask for one virgin...... the look on my son's face when he took a drink of his was priceless and an immediate red flag that his was NOT virgin. It was the only pina colada in the order and I thought it looked a little on the "brown" side. I was more then happy to relieve him of the poison and secure him a real non alcoholic drink. We still tell that story 9 years after.......

Moral of the story, if you have a group of people and request a virgin drink among a bunch of non virgins make the waiter repeat the order :D

That is HYSTERICAL!!!!:D:D Gotta love those vacation "moments" that you can talk about for YEARS.:D

Exactly!!

Same things happened to my niece - in the show lounge - several cruises ago. She kept saying "this doesn't taste right". One sip and I knew exactly what had happened!

I think it was an honest mistake - I'm pretty sure the waiter just gave her the wrong one off of the tray. But I do feel bad for the guest that ordered (and paid for) the "real" drink...but ended up with the virgin one! :eek:

I LOVE that idea!!!! we got the kids a frozen non alcoholic drink on elegant night last cruise and they loved them!!! But since we had bought soda cards we didnt 'splurge' on anymore. Gosh... they spent enough, trust me! So this time they will get three.. two elegant nights and a free one.. then if they want to spend their own money.. its either the arcade, gifts for ports, or frozen fu fu drinks. lol

I was able to use my child's free drink coupon for an alcoholic drink of my choice ( he was 2 at the time).

We were able to do this too - at the suggestion of the waiter! He got a nice little tip!