Wife Cant Go With Me In Our Junior Suite...Now What?

Being new to cruising and RCI what are points and how do you get them. We will be taking our first cruise in May.

You get one point per night of cruise, and an extra point per night if you sail in a Junior Suite or better.

My wife was very happy to share good news with me.

She mentioned to her supervisor that we had a cruise booked prior to her starting her new job but was resigned to the fact she could not go. Much to her suprise her supervisor said she will check bit felt sure that they could excuse her for the trip.

We will keep you posted with any updates.

Again, thanks to so many of you for your input.

Well, I guess that means I can't come along.:) I hope she is able to get the time off and that the two of you have the greatest cruise ever.:) Good luck.

Edited by onyourtoes

Upcoming booking in a JS for DW & myself in Nov. She's not going to ne able to go but I still will sail. Airfaire and ground trans already paid for, cruise not PIF yet. I know we can get back the ground trans fee for her, loose $ for airfaire.

My question is, how much of her cruise faire will be refunded & how much do I have to pay as a solo cruiser? Lastly, I belive I will get triple C&A points...right?

Bummer my wife cant make this trip and no, we never buy cruise insurance. This is first time in 15 years our travel plans have been interrupted so we are ok w/o insurance and are still ahead overall.

You lucky man.

• 3 years later...
Wow, looking over my posting history and just realized I never shared how our situation ended up. We were both able to take the cruise, no loss of funds or airfare. It was epic!!!

Congratulations!

It's always weird reading a thread that I don't remember and then suddenly seeing that I have posted on it.

Wow, looking over my posting history and just realized I never shared how our situation ended up. We were both able to take the cruise, no loss of funds or airfare. It was epic!!!

Thanks for the update and happy ending!

That's why I always negotiate vacation before salary when changing jobs. I never would change if I did not get at least 5 weeks at this point in my career.

Yes! My husband is a local manager for his high tech company. His boss just realized that my husband has a few weeks more vacation than he does, the boss wasn't too impressed lol. My husband negotiated hard for it before signing on.

Some of us have been patiently waiting almost 4 years to find out. Thanks for the update.