infinity

cruisehome

need help in deciding if we should cruise on the infinity or the silhouette

we like the time of year better for the infinity - October

the silhouette is smack near thanksgiving and would have higher airfare

but the infinity is an older ship

help please

Recently completed a 14 nighter on Infinity in Aqua class. Two previous cruises were on Equinox and Reflection, one in Aqua, the other with a standard veranda. I don't think you will be disappointed with Infinity, neither my wife and I, nor the other five couples we were with were.

Well my deciscion would be easy- well you can´t go wrong on either, both great ships. Dida TA on board Silhouette and Hawaii on board Infnity. Loved both cruises. Yes Infinity is the older ship- but I prefer M- class over S- class. For different reasons - most of all- M- class has at least a prommenade deck, were one can sit you in the quite, without constant music as on the top decks ( exept for the Solstice Deck) ! More public rooms are facing the ocean- means they have nice view´s out to the sea. Silhouette is more " indoors" ! Infinity got upgraded not long ago!

Both ships are great but I prefer the S class to the M class ships. Personally having been on the Infinity both prior to and post 'Solstization' I preferred her prior. I don't think the Cellar masters is utilised enough and the Martini Bar area is too cramped. That said, I think she is still a great ship.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Both ships are great but I prefer the S class to the M class ships. Personally having been on the Infinity both prior to and post 'Solstization' I preferred her prior. I don't think the Cellar masters is utilised enough and the Martini Bar area is too cramped. That said, I think she is still a great ship.:D

I think Cellar Masters will be used more in the future,hosting the 'Craft Beers' from Michael's Club, which is being converted to a VIP & Zenith Lounge.

Both ships are beautiful. If you prefer fewer things done perfectly, go with Infinity. If you prefer more variety, consider Silhouette. She has the Lawn Club Grill as well as the Tuscan Grille. I like the intimacy of the M class ships, but also enjoy the larger feel of the S class.

I would make the choice on itinerary and finances, not ship. Okay, unless you can snag an aft cabin on the Infinity. Then that would tilt it HEAVILY towards the Infinity for me.

I think Cellar Masters will be used more in the future,hosting the 'Craft Beers' from Michael's Club, which is being converted to a VIP & Zenith Lounge.

It really did seem like a waste of space, the craft beers will make it a bit better though.:D