Royal Princess Cruise…. A Royal Treat !

Mom33

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Where did you park that was away from the Port Everglades garage and that was 1/2 the price of the garage? For short cruises, the garage is the place, but on longer cruises (we are going on another 20 cruise in Nov), it costs $300 just to park in the garage. On one of our 20 day cruises, we stayed the night before at a Fairfield Inn and took their shuttle. It came out cheaper that way. I have checked the same hotel for this cruise, and the price has gone from $105 per night to $249 per night, plus the shuttle costs both ways.

Where did you park that was away from the Port Everglades garage and that was 1/2 the price of the garage? For short cruises, the garage is the place, but on longer cruises (we are going on another 20 cruise in Nov), it costs $300 just to park in the garage. On one of our 20 day cruises, we stayed the night before at a Fairfield Inn and took their shuttle. It came out cheaper that way. I have checked the same hotel for this cruise, and the price has gone from $105 per night to $249 per night, plus the shuttle costs both ways.

We used Park and Go here is the website - https://bookparkngo.com/ :D

Wonderful review and pictures! So glad that Royal Princess was good to you, and it sounds like you had an amazing week. Your comment about the elevator incident also happened to me when I was aboard, where the buttons where not pushed yet people were complaining. Once I pushed the button an elevator arrived in less than 60 seconds. I also love the picture of your DH on the aft port side promenade deck lounger with the wake behind him, as that's exactly where I fell asleep one day for an hour. Soooo very peaceful and relaxing back there. And those loungers are a well kept secret! Royal Princess definitely spoiled me, and I can't wait to get back one day...

:D

I totally agree with the review and your comments. We have been Royal Class ships fans from the beginning with 3 voyages so far and 4 more lined up between November and August of next year. The changes made from prior designs have been very positive and really can't find any negatives.

However, we love all the Princess ships for what they are....a way to escape completely. (Wonder if that line has been used before?)

Thinking of D502 but concerned about lifeboats spoiling the view. Were they problem for you?

We have booked E702 before and have it for 3 of our next 4 voyages on the Royal Class ships. It has one of the lowest cost categories and really doesn't have any obstructions at all. There is a little forward view blockage from the last craft but nothing below, out or aft.

Thanks for doing an objective review of this ship. I thought it was fair and helpful for those considering a voyage on this class ship. It's getting tiresome reading comments about the placement of the toilet tissue holder, lack of midship stairway, size of balcony or no walk around Promenade Deck.

Good Job!

Thanks for the great review and the pictures. I have a question about the Retreat Pool. I saw some cabana-like structures in your pictures. Do you reserve and pay for those, or are those first come first hog?

And what are MUTS?

The cabanas are for rent and you reserve them by the half or whole day once you're on the ship. MUTS is "movies under the stars" :D You can watch feature movies on deck at night with comfy loungers and blankets. You will also be served popcorn, pizza and cookies and milk if you wish.:)

Thanks for the great review and the pictures. I have a question about the Retreat Pool. I saw some cabana-like structures in your pictures. Do you reserve and pay for those, or are those first come first hog?

Thanks for doing an objective review of this ship. I thought it was fair and helpful for those considering a voyage on this class ship. It's getting tiresome reading comments about the placement of the toilet tissue holder, lack of midship stairway, size of balcony or no walk around Promenade Deck.

Good Job!

You're both welcome. :D

The cabanas are for rent and you reserve them by the half or whole day once you're on the ship. MUTS is "movies under the stars" :D You can watch feature movies on deck at night with comfy loungers and blankets. You will also be served popcorn, pizza and cookies and milk if you wish.:)

Do you know where on board you go to rent them?

Do you know where on board you go to rent them?

Not sure, but I think you can ask at the Sanctuary or the bar by the Retreat pool. There were signs on the tables in the cabana on our cruise, but I can't recall what they said. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

• 2 months later...