Royal Princess Cruise…. A Royal Treat !

Mom33

You've been one of the biggest cheerleaders for the new Royal; I'm so very glad that she met (and exceeded?!) your expectations.

Thank you for the photos, especially of the pool decks during the day. It's nice to get a sense of how many people can actually fit into that main pool. How busy was the Retreat pool during sea days, in terms of people actually in the water? (I noticed that leaving the towel behind thing on my last Caribbean cruise -- very annoying and definitely makes the chair hog problem look much worse. How much trouble is it to pick up a towel, for pete's sake?!!)

And thank you for the Crab Margarita close-up, which has me totally drooling all over the keyboard . . . !

Wonderful review and pictures! So glad that Royal Princess was good to you, and it sounds like you had an amazing week. Your comment about the elevator incident also happened to me when I was aboard, where the buttons where not pushed yet people were complaining. Once I pushed the button an elevator arrived in less than 60 seconds. I also love the picture of your DH on the aft port side promenade deck lounger with the wake behind him, as that's exactly where I fell asleep one day for an hour. Soooo very peaceful and relaxing back there. And those loungers are a well kept secret! Royal Princess definitely spoiled me, and I can't wait to get back one day...

:D

You've been one of the biggest cheerleaders for the new Royal; I'm so very glad that she met (and exceeded?!) your expectations.

Thank you for the photos, especially of the pool decks during the day. It's nice to get a sense of how many people can actually fit into that main pool. How busy was the Retreat pool during sea days, in terms of people actually in the water? (I noticed that leaving the towel behind thing on my last Caribbean cruise -- very annoying and definitely makes the chair hog problem look much worse. How much trouble is it to pick up a towel, for pete's sake?!!)

And thank you for the Crab Margarita close-up, which has me totally drooling all over the keyboard . . . !

You're welcome! The Retreat pool is just as busy as the Fountain Pool on sea days and looks the same. People are in it along the sides holding on because they can't touch bottom or sitting on the pool edge dangling their feet. :D

So happy the Royal was.... well....Royal for you! :D You have been waiting such a long time to cruise. I have been excited to hear what you had to say after experiencing the Royal for yourself. Having cruised on her for 19 days, I knew you wouldn't be disappointed.

Thanks for the photos and the great review!! We have another long year to wait before we board the Royal once more!

Cheers, Denise

Wonderful review and pictures! So glad that Royal Princess was good to you, and it sounds like you had an amazing week. Your comment about the elevator incident also happened to me when I was aboard, where the buttons where not pushed yet people were complaining. Once I pushed the button an elevator arrived in less than 60 seconds. I also love the picture of your DH on the aft port side promenade deck lounger with the wake behind him, as that's exactly where I fell asleep one day for an hour. Soooo very peaceful and relaxing back there. And those loungers are a well kept secret! Royal Princess definitely spoiled me, and I can't wait to get back one day...

:D

Thanks Dave....my pictures don't compare to your wonderful photography. Your pictures were a great help to us. We felt like we knew the ship well when we boarded.

We loved the old style teak padded loungers on the Promenade deck. They were so comfortable. :D

So happy the Royal was.... well....Royal for you! :D You have been waiting such a long time to cruise. I have been excited to hear what you had to say after experiencing the Royal for yourself. Having cruised on her for 19 days, I knew you wouldn't be disappointed.

Thanks for the photos and the great review!! We have another long year to wait before we board the Royal once more!

Cheers, Denise

You're welcome! We hope to sail her or her sister in the next year also.:D

Hi there, loved reading your review and reliving our cruise on the lovely Royal Princess with you. Thanks for the photos as well. I'm so glad that you loved the Royal Princess as much as we did. The crab margarita was amazing wasn't it? So worth the small price.:D

Thanks for the great pics and review! We will be boarding her on 4/27 to take her across the Atlantic and to the Baltics! I have waited so long for this cruise! We do not have a cabin yet, but I plan on doing a live for our 26 days. Cannot wait for a crab margarita!

Hi mom33! It was so nice to meet you at the meet and greet, and I agree, alexmom did a wonderful job planning some activities and making everyone on our roll call feel welcome. Thank you Kristine!!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary cruise! :)

Thanks for posting your review. We were on the cruise as well, and aside from the power issues the first couple of days, everything else was great. The weather at St. Thomas was a bit of a downer, but we needed a break from the sun.

Your pictures are great. We spent each day at the retreat pool area, by far, the best adults only spot on any of the ships we have been on. Would recommend for anyone wanting to be away from MUTS and kids. Would book this ship again, just for that. The other Grand class ships who use the back pool as the adults pool are not nearly as nice.

My observations are that the ship is very well laid out. Similar to the older ships, but no exactly. We only ate in the dining room one night, and ate at the Crown Grill twice. I got the porterhouse and it was a mistake, will not do that again. Will stick with the filet. ;)

Our cabin steward was great, very efficient and pleasant to talk to. We were in L122 and it was a great location for us, we always book Lido cabins. I wish the balconies were a bit bigger. Having the ledge on the shower was great for the wife, so that is a nice addition. I like the pastry shop, and it was great that they had the specialty coffee machine there, so I didn't have to go to IC to get coffee in the morning.

I still think Princess wastes the MUTS screen. Showing the same concerts we saw 7 years ago. But with the retreat pool area, we didn't miss it much. They did have some fairly current movies, and showed the Final 4 games.

Took a while to get used to the new Viewsonic TV's and didn't realize till have way through the cruise that there were movies and TV shows you could pull up and watch. There were only about 10 channels total on the live TV, but having the recorded stuff worked out well once we found it.

I think there were a lot of empty cabins, and very few kids on this cruise which surprised me, since it was spring break for my wife. It did not feel crowded at all and we never waited for anything. Even disembarkation was smooth for us, which is rarely the case.

Overall, very happy with the ship and the layout.

Thank you for your review and the great pictures. We were on the March 23rd sailing and loved this ship! I really do not understand the negative reviews this ship gets. We had so much fun! The cruise director and her staff were some of the best we have had on a Princess cruise. Our waiters, Joseph and Chris in the Symphony dining room were awesome. The food throughout the ship was great! My husband loved all the fish selections. Having never been to these ports before we were in awe of the lovely beaches. We have some friends who are sailing the Royal in Oct. and we might join them just to do all the things we did not have time to try on this sailing!

Mom33,

Glad you enjoyed the Royal, too! Your pictures and commentary make me want to book another cruise on her. Enjoying your review …

Thank you! :D another cruise sounds like a plan!

Hi there, loved reading your review and reliving our cruise on the lovely Royal Princess with you. Thanks for the photos as well. I'm so glad that you loved the Royal Princess as much as we did. The crab margarita was amazing wasn't it? So worth the small price.:D

Thanks and yes, the Crab Margaritas were amazing. :D

Great review :)

We were on the Royal this Jan and LOVED our cruise. We shared the Crab Margarita one night before supper towards the end of the cruise and I have to say, "If I had had it earlier I would have had 3 too"

It really is THAT GOOD :D

They are very habit forming! ;):D Glad you enjoyed the Royal

Great review! Glad you enjoyed D511 as we are booked in D510 for an upcoming cruise.

You will love it. It is a great location. :D

Thanks for the well balanced review and glad you enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for sharing - I enjoyed your reivew & can't wait till we sail on the Royal next year!!

You're both welcome. If you have any questions ask away!:D

Thanks for the great pics and review! We will be boarding her on 4/27 to take her across the Atlantic and to the Baltics! I have waited so long for this cruise! We do not have a cabin yet, but I plan on doing a live for our 26 days. Cannot wait for a crab margarita!

We were supposed to board with you, but family circumstances made it impossible for us to be overseas that long. We had to cancel and settle for short cruises on this side of the pond for easy access home if we are needed. Have a wonderful time and and I'll look forward to a review. Be forwarned, if you have one Crab Margarita, it is difficult to stop! ;)

Hi mom33! It was so nice to meet you at the meet and greet, and I agree, alexmom did a wonderful job planning some activities and making everyone on our roll call feel welcome. Thank you Kristine!!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary cruise! :)

Hi pc.....it was fun meeting you and the other CC members....we had a wonderful anniversary..45 years and he's still a keeper :D;)

Thanks for posting your review. We were on the cruise as well, and aside from the power issues the first couple of days, everything else was great. The weather at St. Thomas was a bit of a downer, but we needed a break from the sun.

Your pictures are great. We spent each day at the retreat pool area, by far, the best adults only spot on any of the ships we have been on. Would recommend for anyone wanting to be away from MUTS and kids. Would book this ship again, just for that. The other Grand class ships who use the back pool as the adults pool are not nearly as nice.

My observations are that the ship is very well laid out. Similar to the older ships, but no exactly. We only ate in the dining room one night, and ate at the Crown Grill twice. I got the porterhouse and it was a mistake, will not do that again. Will stick with the filet. ;)

Our cabin steward was great, very efficient and pleasant to talk to. We were in L122 and it was a great location for us, we always book Lido cabins. I wish the balconies were a bit bigger. Having the ledge on the shower was great for the wife, so that is a nice addition. I like the pastry shop, and it was great that they had the specialty coffee machine there, so I didn't have to go to IC to get coffee in the morning.

I still think Princess wastes the MUTS screen. Showing the same concerts we saw 7 years ago. But with the retreat pool area, we didn't miss it much. They did have some fairly current movies, and showed the Final 4 games.

Took a while to get used to the new Viewsonic TV's and didn't realize till have way through the cruise that there were movies and TV shows you could pull up and watch. There were only about 10 channels total on the live TV, but having the recorded stuff worked out well once we found it.

I think there were a lot of empty cabins, and very few kids on this cruise which surprised me, since it was spring break for my wife. It did not feel crowded at all and we never waited for anything. Even disembarkation was smooth for us, which is rarely the case.

Overall, very happy with the ship and the layout.

We agree that the Retreat Pool is a great addition to the ship. As for the TV, I got the hang of it pretty quick. DH was still struggling till the last day of the cruise.;):D Glad to hear you enjoyed the ship. We hope we can get away in the Fall to cruise Royal or the Regal.

Have been to Princess Cays several times,but was wondering if there is snorkeling to the right. They indicate an area on the map, but best to get from someone that swam there. Thanks.

We saw people snorkeling and the water was clear, but we did not snorkel so I can't review it. :)

Thank you for your review and the great pictures. We were on the March 23rd sailing and loved this ship! I really do not understand the negative reviews this ship gets. We had so much fun! The cruise director and her staff were some of the best we have had on a Princess cruise. Our waiters, Joseph and Chris in the Symphony dining room were awesome. The food throughout the ship was great! My husband loved all the fish selections. Having never been to these ports before we were in awe of the lovely beaches. We have some friends who are sailing the Royal in Oct. and we might join them just to do all the things we did not have time to try on this sailing!

You are welcome. I am like you, I found the ship wonderful.Glad I trusted the right reviews. I would have missed out on a beautiful ship with many new features that I would like to see on the other ships in the fleet.. I have enjoyed all the ships and we continue to sail Princess because we like the product.:D

Thank you for such a great review. After reading some previous reviews I thought we had made a huge mistake jumping from Celebrity to our first Princess cruise booked on the Regal on 6th August. I certainly won't be worrying about lack of elevators as I will be enjoying myself.