Royal Princess Cruise…. A Royal Treat !

Mom33

Thank you for such a great review. After reading some previous reviews I thought we had made a huge mistake jumping from Celebrity to our first Princess cruise booked on the Regal on 6th August. I certainly won't be worrying about lack of elevators as I will be enjoying myself.

You are in the right frame of mind for your cruise. Celebrity and Princess have a lot in common I am told. You should feel right at home. :D

They are served at the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar. They are $6.00 each, worth every mouth watering cent. :D

Thanks so much for all the great information. We will definitely have to try the crab margaritas when we are on the Royal in July :D

Have been to Princess Cays several times,but was wondering if there is snorkeling to the right. They indicate an area on the map, but best to get from someone that swam there. Thanks.

Just off the Emerald Princess on 3/29 and I always go to the right and snorkel at Princess Cays. It is a much quieter area and there are plenty of fish around the rocks.

There are a ton of clamshells on the right side, not sure about regular loungers.

Also take water shoes, both sides have rocks.

Thanks, not looking to get a clamshell. I'm trying to figure out the best place for me to lounge in the sun while DH snorkels.

Are there a lot of chairs to the right as well?

There were plenty of loungers and clam shells on the right. The clam shells are all over the beaches on both sides. Would prefer umbrellas. They don't block your view as much as the clam shell.:)

There were plenty of loungers and clam shells on the right. The clam shells are all over the beaches on both sides. Would prefer umbrellas. They don't block your view as much as the clam shell.:)

Thanks and thanks for the great review. We were just on the Emerald and we missed out on Princess Cays twice. :(

We'll be on the Royal for 20 days next March and hopefully we'll get there then! :)

Thank you for your review and the great pictures. We were on the March 23rd sailing and loved this ship! I really do not understand the negative reviews this ship gets. We had so much fun! The cruise director and her staff were some of the best we have had on a Princess cruise. Our waiters, Joseph and Chris in the Symphony dining room were awesome. The food throughout the ship was great! My husband loved all the fish selections. Having never been to these ports before we were in awe of the lovely beaches. We have some friends who are sailing the Royal in Oct. and we might join them just to do all the things we did not have time to try on this sailing!

I agree and just don't get the negative reviews either. What are they comparing it to? I loved it and can't wait to go on the Regal in the fall.

Thanks, not looking to get a clamshell. I'm trying to figure out the best place for me to lounge in the sun while DH snorkels.

We now always get off on the first tender and go left and get one of those square shade structures. Since the viewing platform was destroyed by the hurricaine a few years ago the underwater area is not as great either anymore.

Thanks and thanks for the great review. We were just on the Emerald and we missed out on Princess Cays twice. :(

We'll be on the Royal for 20 days next March and hopefully we'll get there then! :)

Anytime you have to tender to shore, there is always the possibility that weather might interfere. Sorry you missed Princess Cay twice. Hopefully your next cruise will get you there.:D

We now always get off on the first tender and go left and get one of those square shade structures. Since the viewing platform was destroyed by the hurricaine a few years ago the underwater area is not as great either anymore.

Forgot to mention, take water shoes.

Thanks for the review, love your pictures. T-16 days and counting. We'll definitely be taste testing the crab margaritas :)

You're welcome and thank you! Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy the Crab Margarita.:D

Thank you for your review. I really enjoyed reading it. Congrats on your 45th anniversary.:)

You're welcome too and thank you. It was a great anniversary! :D

Sailed Royal in Feb and loved it. Also thought the Internet person was very nice and helpful and mention him in our survey. Same as you we had some not so nice or helpful staff there in the past.

We also gave the internet manager a commendation. Glad you enjoyed your cruise too!:D

• 5 weeks later...
Thinking of D502 but concerned about lifeboats spoiling the view. Were they problem for you?

I had D508 & when looking straight down it was between 2 lifeboat davits & you'll probably look down at the top of lifeboat. I didn't spend much time looking down so it wasn't a problem for us on our Dolphin deck balcony.

Thinking of D502 but concerned about lifeboats spoiling the view. Were they problem for you?

No problem for us. They are one deck below and did not obstruct our view. If you look straight down you will see the top of the lifeboat along side of the ship. We look out at the sea.:)

• 5 months later...