Where to sleep when you cabin-mate is ill?

We were on a cruise once from Scotland to Iceland...and there were very, very rough seas...I have described it as "Mr Toad's Wild Ride"...and there were people sleeping all over the atrium area!! I can only assume that they were in cabins that were taking the brunt of the rough seas...but it was pretty weird to see them all sleeping there!! A number of passengers disembarked in Iceland because they just were so frightened and ill!!! LuAnn

Send the sick one to the sanatorium and claim travel insurance medical cover.

You spend the cruise enjoying your suite on your own, or with someone you fancy.

Wow. Another marriage made in heaven. . All kidding aside we did put in a claim for illness during the 53 hours DH was quarantined and received a significant amount from the travel insurance plus a future cruise credit from Azamara.

If one of us is sick at home, one will sleep in the guest room. It makes for a more comfortable sleep and we are still there to look after the sick person.

On a ship, I would definitely want to stay in the same cabin to see that their needs are met. I can't imagine abandoning my partner when they are not well.