Stuff you didn't think to do until you were a repeat cruiser

We have only cruised once, but we all loved it so I booked a second immediately after we arrived home and have since booked a third. It's our new Thanksgiving tradition.

The major things I learned is that despite reading pack less than you think you need, we packed way too much. Next time around we will not be packing for formal night, last time we didn't participate. That will save a lot of space in our bags. I also never tried the chocolate lava cake so that's at the top of the list of must dos this time for me. We also got a balcony this time around so sitting outside and having drink of choice will also be amazing. We are 140 days out and I'm ready to go already!

-Pack for half the number of days and plan on doing a load of laundry if needed

-Skip formal night and/or skip the MDR entirely.

-Save on excursions by finding maps of comprehensive self guided walking tours. This is better than wandering aimlessly around the port.

-Pack both hot and cold drink bottles.

I always tell 1st time cruisers to make sure they have breakfast & lunch in the dining room at least once , early on in the cruise.

If they don't like it , that is ok. But it took me 3 cruises to realize this and now I always go .

Also, took me a while to realize that the ship will have the flag of the country when we are in port. I now use this as the 1st picture of the day to divide my pics. I also have taught my daughter that if you have gone somewhere, you should be able to

a) find it on a map

b) know the flag

We don't eat all day every day first couple of cruises we ate nonstop now we learn that there's enough food for everyone

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

I actually eat less on sea days now. Because I know that food is always close.

Also, try to avoid the main buffet when I want "just a little something" in the afternoon . Usually can find other venues with less options / temptation.

In the evening, Love the taste bar, took a few cruises to find that one