Stuff you didn't think to do until you were a repeat cruiser

The first time we cruised, I was up from around 3 am (because we had to go to the airport) until after 10 pm that night and I was totally bushed. I ended up sleeping until nearly noon the next day.

On our second cruise, as soon as we were done with muster drill, I went to our room and crashed for an hour or two.

Lol...... We did the sleep thing after muster drill on our first cruise. It pays to be sailing with someone else who will wake you up before sailaway. My daughter knocked on the door and couldn't wake up either my husband or myself....... We were lucky that our cabin steward was in the hallway and was able to let her in!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Totally agree with a lot of people about the relaxing part.

My first cruise was all about go and do this, go and see that...

Sea days are now my favorite! Nothing I love more than waking up to eat breakfast, relax on deck and watch the world sail by, eat lunch and take a long afternoon nap :)

Relax for sure and room service is a must. But what we do at every port we go, is buy a Christmas ornament and a Ship ornament. We didn't do it on our first cruise but have repeated all the stops so we have them but we missed the Ship the first time (Valor) :(

Have not gone to the trivia games. Next cruise I will make it a must.

Oh, also always do the charity walk every cruise. Each ship has a charity and has a walk on the track. I think it was like $10 bucks and you get a tee shirt.

Totally agree with a lot of people about the relaxing part.

My first cruise was all about go and do this, go and see that...

Sea days are now my favorite! Nothing I love more than waking up to eat breakfast, relax on deck and watch the world sail by, eat lunch and take a long afternoon nap :)

You sound like my kind of cruiser! Should we be wondering why we pay to cruise? :rolleyes:

Some of our cruises, lately, have had no single supplement. So, we have two adjoining or next door cabins for same price as one together. Twice the space and facilities with visitation privileges :) :D

Also, like child menu banana split and cheese plate for starter at dinner. Often book one on board for the obc; some times it is doubled!

What an incredible idea! I never thought of that; basically you are getting a two bathroom suite for the price of a single cabin.

Brilliant!

Kevin C

By the way, do you use the Kindle Paperwhite? I have the Kindle Fire HD but was thinking of purchasing the Paperwhite for Vacation. Last cruise I had trouble reading it in the sun.

I have a paperwhite and it is incredible for the price! The absolute best way to read a book IMO. I used to use my iPad at night to read, but the Paperwhite works even better in the dark, and can be read in full sun as well. Never mind that the battery lasts at least many days.

Looking forward to using it on my balcony in 9 days (both days and nights)!

Kevin C

Next cruise we plan to order room service which we rarely do and go to the steakhouse. First and only time was while pregnant on the Freedom. This upcoming cruise grandma will be with us so DH and I can have a date night. Looking forward to using a small evening bag and not having a package of Wet Ones wipes in it!

1. I now usually shower in the spa. Showers are bigger and they have those nice plush towels...it took me maybe 10 cruises before I figured this out.

2. Spend more time on my balconies. At first we didn't spend much time on them, but now we do.

3. Stay on board in those ports we've been to 500 times...it's very quiet and you have the whole ship to yourself. If you've seen it all and done it all, just relax on board while everyone else is gone.

I am a tea drinker...do not care for soda that much...welll the iced tea on the ship is horrible...well it took me 2 cruises to figure out to make it myself...just use tea bag...hot water...ice..and sugar packs to my taste...and voila...sweet tea:rolleyes:

Great thread!

I always try to plan something "new" to do each cruise. For us this time, it is the steakhouse, first trip on a ship with one. It gives each cruise a special moment, a "first"

Room service - great way to wind down your day and reconnect with your teens who have ignored you all day :)

Budget to do a bag of laundry, especially if you are bringing kids. Having less dirty clothes to go home, and not having to bring as much is well worth the $15

My favourite drink from the lido is to fill a large glass ( or your own big coffee mug with a lid) 1/2 full of ice. Add coffee, reg or decaf, and then fill with 2% milk. It is delicious. The need for hydration gets you creative!!

On my last cruise which was my 12th, we discovered how much fun the piano bar could be. We had Marty Gast as our piano player and quite the lively crowd in there most nights. Looking forward to discovering more piano bars on different ships!

Kim

We like the late seating for dinner, so we go back to our cabin in the afternoon for a snack (room service) and a quick nap. I agree with the piano bar idea. Seek out the out of the way areas and also sit in the not so out of the way areas, order a drink and people watch, especially on formal nights. There are all kinds of varying degrees of "formal".

We like the late seating for dinner, so we go back to our cabin in the afternoon for a snack (room service) and a quick nap. I agree with the piano bar idea. Seek out the out of the way areas and also sit in the not so out of the way areas, order a drink and people watch, especially on formal nights. There are all kinds of varying degrees of "formal".

My DH and myself bring a bottle of champagne onboard and we always find a corner table where we can enjoy the champagne and people watch. I look forward to that!

I'm a newbie and I have no idea which deck this actually is. But I'll probably be there! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't worry. You will find it! We will all be there getting our lunch the first day! Think food and pools. :D