Suite Owner's sections?

I have noticed that some of the ships have reserved deck chair sections for suite guests and some of the other ships do not. Why is this?

Because not all ships in the fleet have the same layout and amount of deck space. IIRC Voyager Class and larger have the reserved deck areas for suite guests and high level C&A folks. Sometimes the older ships have these spaces added during a drydock period but that usually means something might disappear venue wise to make room for the deck space.

I should have been more specific. I have noticed that the Voyager class ships I have been on have had the areas on either side of the pool bar reserved for suite guests with yellow towels on the chases. I have noticed on the Freedom class ships that sometimes they don't do this.

What I am wondering is why the inconsistency from ship to ship, not including the smaller ships.

I believe it is for gold card people, suites and Pinacle on C & A tiers.

Sea Ya

I was thinking that it was for suite guests only. We were recently travelling with a couple who had a grand suite, and they sat there. We only visited because we were in a Junior Suite and as such we were not of the higher level. I will say that most of those high level people treated us just like we were one of them, LOL.

Those seats have a perfect view of all of the pool festivities.

Edited by daljettjockie

I was thinking that it was for suite guests only. We were recently travelling with a couple who had a grand suite, and they sat there. We only visited because we were in a Junior Suite and as such we were not of the higher level. I will say that most of those high level people treated us just like we were one of them, LOL.

Those seats have a perfect view of all of the pool festivities.

Technically guests in a junior suite do not qualify for access to the reserved area. The reserved area is for guests in Grand Suites or higher. Those guests are issued gold Sea Pass cards. Basically you have to have a gold Sea Pass to utilize the reserved seating areas on the decks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Eng23

We were just on the NOS last month and stayed in an GS. It was great that anytime of the day we had a lounge chair!! People would "sneak" but every 30 mins or so, a pool attendant would walk by and ask to see their gold cards. It's the one benefit I really like.

Next cruise we have booked a balcony. It's going to be hard not having those extra amenities. :):):)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were just on the NOS last month and stayed in an GS. It was great that anytime of the day we had a lounge chair!! People would "sneak" but every 30 mins or so, a pool attendant would walk by and ask to see their gold cards. It's the one benefit I really like.

Next cruise we have booked a balcony. It's going to be hard not having those extra amenities. :):):)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice to hear. We have a GS booked on NOS in September. Our friends tell us that once we go GS that we will never go back to a JS. Once we did the JS we never went back to the balcony cabins. I don't mean to sound snobby by that comment, its just that we are spending our kids inheritance and loving it!

I believe on Freedom class ships, this area was moved to up by the Sky bar. Much better area on Voyager class. On Oasis class it is all the way up on deck 17.

We were expecting this set up on Indy a few months ago but found that the reserved area was actually right next to (and just a little above) the Pool bar and it was hardly used at all. Maybe this changes from sailing to sailing.