Embassy Suites to Cheesecake Factory

Sky616

Is this walkable and how far away are these two? Does the trolley run between the 2?

Not walkable at 2 miles away.

You could take the trolley towards the beach and end up on Las Olas and then connect to the trolley that runs down Las Olas. It's a more scenic route but it's not a bad ride.

Cab could get you there in 5 minutes.

Google map it. ;) and you will see the restaurant is right next to Riverside Hotel on Las Olas. As stated a quick cab ride for you.

Or IF the trolleys are running when you need them they are a longer option. Check out suntrolley.com for hours and routes. But if an evening dinner, then I'd just use a cab.

Edited by eandj

Not walkable at 2 miles away.

You could take the trolley towards the beach and end up on Las Olas and then connect to the trolley that runs down Las Olas. It's a more scenic route but it's not a bad ride.

Cab could get you there in 5 minutes.

I think it depends on how good of shape you are in.

I walk or ride my bike (the tunnel is an E-Ticket Ride!) to Cordova all the time from Las Olas but if you are sedentary, I probably would not.

Cab ride is under $10.

Straight shot down Federal.

Two miles is not walkable? (Before I get flamed, I know for mobility challenged folks, it isn't walkable.)

Given the number of calories in Cheesecake Factory menus, walking two miles each way is probably the best thing to do.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Two miles is not walkable? (Before I get flamed, I know for mobility challenged folks, it isn't walkable.)

Given the number of calories in Cheesecake Factory menus, walking two miles each way is probably the best thing to do.

They have a "skinny" menu. :)

I think in July even for those in the best shape it would be a trial. Otherwise you'd be okay.

Disclaimer: I'm not all that familiar with the water taxi route, but could it be a possibility?

We love the water taxis, we hop on and off. Cheesecake Factory is never on my vacation radar (we have 2 within 10 miles of our home, doesn't mean we've ever been there, but it's nice to know we can;) ).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think in July even for those in the best shape it would be a trial. Otherwise you'd be okay.

Agree that in Jan.-March, the walk is fun. But in July....shoot me!:eek: I'd be a rag by the time I sat down.:D

Disclaimer: I'm not all that familiar with the water taxi route, but could it be a possibility?

We love the water taxis, we hop on and off. Cheesecake Factory is never on my vacation radar (we have 2 within 10 miles of our home, doesn't mean we've ever been there, but it's nice to know we can;) ).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is a water taxi stop (Las Olas) about 2 blocks from Cheesecake. There is a water taxi stop about a 20 minute walk from Embassy Suites (at Hilton Marina). Water taxi costs $20 pp for the day, and it would be time consuming. It's a fun day trip but not really efficient for just transportation. A round trip car taxi from ES to Cheesecake would only cost about $20 for the whole carload.

It really depends on the people and what their intentions are. If it's strictly a "we want to go there for dinner only" type of thing . . . I'd definitely cab it. If it's "we want to walk Las Olas and have lunch/dinner at the Cheesecake Factory" . . . the Sun Trolley IMO proves to be a more scenic, cheap and comfortable option to get to Las Olas and a nice walk up when you get on Las Olas

If people are active and are up for the walk, by all means go for it . . . but it's a pretty crappy walk from 17th Street Causeway to Las Olas.

Thanks for the replies. We will have a 5 year old with us so definitely not walkable with him. If just the wife and I we would definitely walk it at least one way. We don't have any of these near us, closest one is in Baltimore at the Inner Harbor. Our 13 year old loves it.