Coldwater Creek

iheartbda

I checked the Coldwater Creek site first thing this morning and everything is 30-50% off. HOWEVER, and it's a big however, they first raised everything, including clearance and sale items back up to ticket price and then took the discount. So, many items are actually higher than they were yesterday.

I don't need a thing, and there are just a few things I'd get if the price is right, so I'll be biding my time.

I checked the Coldwater Creek site first thing this morning and everything is 30-50% off. HOWEVER, and it's a big however, they first raised everything, including clearance and sale items back up to ticket price and then took the discount. So, many items are actually higher than they were yesterday.

I popped into the store this afternoon. You are correct that the sale prices, even on clearance items, are off the original price.

I was looking for a more upscale blouse to wear on our upcoming Alaskan cruise. After searching for a nice, evening blouse to go with my navy blue skirt at home, I was disappointed at the store's inventory. You can tell that they're on their way out, as most blouses left in the store were quite casual. I didn't see a blouse in the store that I wouldn't wear with a pair of nice jeans. :(

I guess *good for Coldwater Creek* as their inventory dwindles...

I don't need a thing, and there are just a few things I'd get if the price is right, so I'll be biding my time.

I found the very same thing - I'll just wait and see what happens in the next couple of days.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Today all the Clearance items went to 60% off. I had four things in my cart, two are no longer available and the other two aren't worth ordering on their own. I'll wait til they sweep up the floor and see if there are any mega deals at the last minute.

Today all the Clearance items went to 60% off. I had four things in my cart, two are no longer available and the other two aren't worth ordering on their own. I'll wait til they sweep up the floor and see if there are any mega deals at the last minute.

Hi Amy,:) I haven't been into the store since I had ordered those items

on line a few weeks ago........I wonder if it looks empty now:eek:

And I haven't checked on line for anything lately.

This past weekend I stopped at their outlet store in Commerce, GA and found a pair of ponte knit pants and a ponte knit skirt. My bill with tax was $44. Not bad - I figured I'd better get them while they still had my size.

I stopped in the store today.....yes, everything is on sale but the

deals are not great (in my opinion). The liquidators have been in....

they are the ones who mark prices and determining the % off is up

to them.

I was going to buy a couple of more tops but I decided to pass.

Just not the greatest deals...again, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been looking online and in store but really expected the prices to be lower, lol. I guess i'm greedy for bargains! I've had my eye on that gold sequin dress that a couple of ladies on here have...

I have that dress...there was one day that everything on clearance was either 40 or 50% off and they hadn't raised the prices yet. I got the dress and 2 sequin tops for $85. I wound up returning one of the tops so I paid $60 for the dress and top! The dress hasn't been that low again.

I finally went into Coldwater Creek after probably not shopping there for a couple of years. The salespeople said they had a lot of customers, but the store is in an affluent community.

This is my take on it....and I think others have said the same thing. What they charged for the type of quality was way too much. I bought 3 t shirts today at 40% off. I think that was still pushing it for what they are worth. I think people thought they could find better quality merchandise at Macy's or Carson's when they have sales/coupons. I only bought them because they were "different" and I wouldn't be able to find something similar at another store.

I think their merchandise looked "cheap". From what I saw, I would not go there again, for another couple of years! Their regular prices seemed close to Talbots, but Talbot's quality is much higher. IMHO, the CWC quality was higher a couple of years ago. I wouldn't have described the clothing as looking cheap then.

I actually prefer Talbots to Coldwater Creek the last few years. That said, my local CWC always had a much larger selction of styles and sizes in their store than my local Talbots. A few years ago Talbots closed their larger stores near me. I really miss them. The only Talbots left near me seems to carry close to fifty percent petite sizes. I don't know why.

FYI, the clearance items online are now 70% off, but the pickins' are slim. If you wear an XS you are in luck!

I did find a pair of crops I needed (I realized I needed them when I could take the pair I have off without unbuttoning or unzipping them :eek:), a pair of black bootcut leggings, which are really just ponte pull on pants, a tencel button front shirt that will work great as a light jacket over a tank, and a very unusual gray sweatshirt with a black lace overlay on the front. My total with shipping and tax was under $100 so not bad at all.

I ordered a couple of sweaters yesterday in an XL, so hunt around and you may find something in your size. I wanted to wait and see if they went down further in price, but decided to just go ahead and order them.