What's planned for Oasis dry dock?

Besides switching to Cats from Hairspray, what else is going on? We are planning our next cruise for after the refurb, so we'd like to know.

Thanks.

They probably will do maintenance on the outside of the ship that can't be done except in dry dock. Changing of soft goods in the public areas and the cabins. Upgrades to systems that can't be accessed with passengers on board.

One of the generators will be replaced . The staff captain explained to me that it has been out of service for quite a while. This dry dock will have the ship raised extra high so they can cut a whole in the bottom of the ship to get the engine out. They will then raise a new unit in place and weld the hole back. I asked and he confirmed this is covered under the original warranty.

Back when it was announced she was going to Europe, I remember reading how guests on the TA from UK to US would experience "quantum" class amenities. Makes me wonder if some of the restaurants may be changed out? Would love the Coastal Kitchen for suite guests to be on Oasis.

It's a regular dry dock, not an extended one. Not a lot of time to make major changes. Sept. 30 to Oct. 14 in Rotterdam, Oct. 15 Southampton.

....just to add to that, all RCI ships undergo a scheduled maintenance dry dock every 5 years where routine and specific issue maintenance is performed. This is the first of these dry docks for Oasis and will for the most part be routine. They will also do other relatively minor changes and improvements, such as changing out the show,etc. Allure will follow next year.

RCI is also performing the much more significant ship revitalization, or refurbishment, upgrades to all ships other than Majesty to bring the rest of the fleet to more like Oasis class "standards". This drydock is not that.

Not aware of any mention of "Quantum class" amenities being added to Oasis during this routine 5-year maintenance dry dock, which is at the end of her Europe schedule. She then returns to the US through 2015.

Also, per Adam Golstein during his Google Hangout regarding Quantum class ships, he said that the new dining plan and restaurants were new to that class of ship and were going to be closely evaluated on those ships only before any consideration would be given to expanding this service to other ships. Any such expansion would likely take place with new launch Oasis class ships first.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks. I figured it might just be a regular-every-five-years kind of dry dock, but I was curious if there was anything other than the usual refurbs going on.

Still deciding on a balcony on Oasis, an interior on Quantum or a Southern Caribbean on a smaller ship.

Thanks. I figured it might just be a regular-every-five-years kind of dry dock, but I was curious if there was anything other than the usual refurbs going on.

Still deciding on a balcony on Oasis, an interior on Quantum or a Southern Caribbean on a smaller ship.

I've also heard that they may change out the Seafood Shack and possibly Solarium Bistro and Boardwalk Donut Shoppe. These wouldn't need structural changes, just décor.

I've also heard that they may change out the Seafood Shack and possibly Solarium Bistro and Boardwalk Donut Shoppe. These wouldn't need structural changes, just décor.

All three seem to be underperforming venues, so I could see this happening. I'd be interested to see what they come up with!

The Seafood Shack has been rumored for a couple years as a possible venue change - one of which was to replace it with a Margaritaville. Haven't heard anything regarding the Donut Shoppe, though. The mention of the Solarium Bistro is a bit surprising, however, as the same venue is planned for Quantum / Anthem. Would seem odd to change it on Oasis class if it is planned for Quantum class. Just have to wait and see I guess.

The mention of the Solarium Bistro is a bit surprising, however, as the same venue is planned for Quantum / Anthem. Would seem odd to change it on Oasis class if it is planned for Quantum class. Just have to wait and see I guess.

I think the Solarium Bistro will still be there, but what they do with it in the evening is what might change. I loved eating dinner there, but it's not too popular.

The Seafood Shack has been rumored for a couple years as a possible venue change - one of which was to replace it with a Margaritaville. Haven't heard anything regarding the Donut Shoppe, though. The mention of the Solarium Bistro is a bit surprising, however, as the same venue is planned for Quantum / Anthem. Would seem odd to change it on Oasis class if it is planned for Quantum class. Just have to wait and see I guess.

LOVE the Solarium Bistro for breakfast. If it is replaced, hope it is with something just as nice.:)

Happy sails.

Kathy

Maybe they will replace the Donut Shoppe with the Dog House? that was a nice option on the Allure.

It's a regular dry dock, not an extended one. Not a lot of time to make major changes. Sept. 30 to Oct. 14 in Rotterdam, Oct. 15 Southampton.

I agree. Two weeks isn't much time to make major changes. Two weeks for the ships first 5 year maintenance period and minor cosmetic work makes sense.