Cirque Dreams show First Night Discount on Breakaway ??

Boscodog

Gotcha - whem, Uncle Sam's Form 1040 e-filed & accepted, all is good for us.

-

Yes, it's also on the Freestyle Daily that I subsequently uploaded & linked in the review - had some extra pics & notes and info, just never got around to put them up. Maybe I will in the next few days - since some of the info, IMO, will be useful for anyone sailing the ship, regardless of destination.

I'm guessing you are heading for Bermuda soon, lovely islands - in the old days, the smaller Crown docked right on the downtown waterfront - enjoy dinner on the ship, walk off the gangway & stroll the night scene, even take the ferry ride to catch the breeze & then back onto the floating hotel for snacks & dessert. Not as easily done at Dockyard - enjoy the cruise.

Short answer - Cirque Dreams & Dinner Jungle Fantasy was on sale for First Night only with 25% off. Book it thru the Box Office right outside (opened at 1 PM, I believed) or better yet, iTV in the stateroom as you can access it once onboard or touchscreen (?? - not sure what they are referred to, unless it's about the use of the free iConcierge APP for iOS & Android devices, which I highly recommend to pre-download & pre-install before leaving home with fast connection, then activate quickly once connected to ship's firewalled WiFi - it took less than 30 seconds) Grab & find Day 1's Daily on the pier while checking in and/or waiting to board - it should be listed there.

As with everything else these days with NCL with fees, charges & perks, etc. - disclaimers applied here ... yada, yada. Show time was 5:15pm & 8:30 pm but they will likely be changed since Bermuda sail at 4 PM out of NYC whereas Bahamas sail at 3 PM.

They offered premium seating but the stage/theater isn't big and it's really not necessary to pay extra, we saw that in 2014 and 6 of us had a nice big semi-circled booth to ourselves, elevated with the platform steps & it was perfect to see everything - including the dancing wait staff in costume as they are part of the show. The steak & shrimp is fine, but big eater will still be hungry so plan for a late night snack afterall (i.e. buffet before 9:30 PM or O'Sheehans)

There's also the Welcome Abroad Show in the main theater - with a preview of Burn The Floor, if timing isn't changed, you can go right from Cirque to it, with open seating but on first night, not everyone go to catch it.

Any other questions, please feel free to use the review to continue to ask.

Thanks! Actually we're on the last Florida/Bahamas run this spring, leaving in three days! Bermuda would be a more preferred itinerary, but the vacation had to coincide with school vacation. We still haven't decided whether to fork over for the Cirque show, but the first night discount certainly makes it more palatable.

• 4 months later...
Link goes nowhere. What's the upcharge? Does it differ on first night ( reduced up charge to match normal 25% off first night pricing?)

Not sure why the link doesn't work, but you can navigate there yourself. It's valuable info for anyone considering SDP to read what it's all about.

There is no discount. There is an upcharge. It doesn't matter which night you book.

• 4 weeks later...

Caution. The current terms of the UDP says

ou may choose to dine in the following venues as part of your Specialty Dining Package for the corresponding upcharges: The Supper Club ($15), Ocean Blue ($15), Bayamo ($15), Cirque Dreams and Illusionarium ($10 regular seats/$15 premium seats/$35 VIP seating on Breakaway), Sushi Bar ($7), Pincho Tapas Bar ($7), and Raw Bar ($7). Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants. Additional main courses will be charged at $10.00. There is no minimum to the number of meals that can be redeemed in a day, however each meal is counted towards the package purchased.

When I booked, Cirque was free on the first night. Had to call and get the show comped for our trip next month on the Epic.