Nachi Cocom

VacationsRme

The great thing about Nachi is that they limit the number of people who they allow per day so it is never crowded. It is an awesome relaxing day on the beach. You are assigned a waiter who brings you food and drinks all day. (Technically the food is limited to a 4 course meal, but you don't have to eat it all at once. We did not get to all four courses.) You can sit in a lounge chair under a palapa or hang out in the pool or jacuzzi. The bar is swim up from both. There is also a covered dining area if you prefer to eat there. Tell them when you want to leave and they will call a cab for you. They have a few things available for an extra charge: massage, snorkeling, banana boat ride, but nobody pressures you.

If you are looking for a party on the beach and lots of water toys, then Nachi is not a good choice. Possibly the person who complained about it was looking for more action.

Just booked today for our August cruise and can't wait to return!

How was it? We are planning on going in June and someone posted it was horrible but it gets good reviews on trip advisor.

There is always someone who has a bad experience and posts it on-line. For the vast majority, including most who post on this board, Nachi is a consistent winner.

How was it? We are planning on going in June and someone posted it was horrible but it gets good reviews on trip advisor.

Nachi was exactly the same for us, as it has been the past 5 times we have been.

Excellent...

I read a few of the bad reviews and was curious about the reports of the decline.

I saw none of it...

Finally counted the palapas (30 with 4 loungers under each, so plenty for the 100 person max) the grounds were still well kept. (plus about 30-40 loungers stacked behind the massage hut if needed)

This trip there was some sea grass washed ashore from a storm, but there was a guy raking it up and wheelbarreling it away all day long.

Same excellent wait staff that has been there since our first stop there in 2007. (Had Carlos again this time)

Food was great as always.

I was particularily intrested this time, as my Aunt and Uncle came with us and they have lived in San Antonio for 30 some years, so I figured they would know good mexican/tex-mex, versus me from Balt/DC then Charleston, SC.

Uncle loved it and said one of the dishes was the best he had ever had.

I tend to read reviews and throw out the die hard cheerleaders and throw out the bad reviews, where you can tell that nothing would please the person that day.

When people ask me, I try to be honest and if I think they would be a better fit for Sanchos or Paradise Beach or Playa Mia, I try to steer them there. (why people feel the need to puch their favorite place on people, when clearly you can tell by what they have said, I just don't get it.)

If they sound like a perfect fit for Nachi, I give them as much info as I can and hope they are smart enough to choose Nachi.

I have to admit, that in 6 trips to Nachi, I never realized how they have no handrails anywhere, to help mobilty impaired people. (didn't notice until my Uncle needed help getting out of the pool with his bad knees and hip)

Was never an issue for DW and I, thus we never payed a bit of attention.

I don't know if any of the other beaches have handrails, but I can advise mobility impaired people about the lack of them at Nachi, henceforth.

Don't let the horror stories from a few scare you off.

Nachi is still as great as ever. (and all 100 spots were gone last Friday when we were there)

Bill

Loved it in Dec 2013. Weather wasn't that great but we still enjoyed the beach , the good, our editor Josef was great. We rented a paddle board which was affordable and fun. Just booked for May 3014 for myself and my kids!!!! Excited to have them enjoy Nachi

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Im going to Nachi this upcoming May. I am wondering if they will fill up my bubba keg mug rather then continued going up to the bar or order drink after drink.

Actually you sit in your lounger and your waiter will go to the bar and bring you drinks; unless you want to sit at the swim-up bar (I like to practice my Spanish) just relax and let the waiter take care of your group.

Im going to Nachi this upcoming May. I am wondering if they will fill up my bubba keg mug rather then continued going up to the bar or order drink after drink.

You won't be going anywhere.

Unless you are in the pool or hottub, where you will reach over the ledge and hand the bartender your empty glass and get a full one.:D

Your waiter for the day, will bring your drinks and food, wherever on the premises that you ask.

On one of our Nachi Cocum visits it poured down rain for over an hour. My husband and son (and most of the other guests) hung out at the pool bar. I stayed nice and dry under my palapa on the beach reading my Kindle. The best part... our waiter had a great big umbrella and continued to serve me drinks without even asking!! The service really is fabulous.

Edited by unionville3

Just got back last month. Since 5 cruise ships were in port (about 10,000 passengers and crew), we booked this one early; and we chose Nachi-Cocom because we wanted to relax and they limit their resort to only 100 visitors per day. The US$55 per person charge includes lounge chairs under a Palapa (natural umbrella), hammocks, all you can drink (open bar including: beer, liquors, cocktails, water, wine, sodas, juices and bottled water), and a 4 course lunch served a la carte at your leisure. Bring towels from ship. Taxi is $16 each way for up to 4 passengers. A 5th passenger is $5 more. (Then it gets ridiculous if you have 6 passengers. 6 - 8 passengers is $32). Nachi Cocom is a nice facility with a beautiful beach. Service was good. Drinks and food were excellent. I also enjoyed a 45 minute massage for $50 plus tip. They have a pool with a swim-up bar, hot tub, and a pier. My wife said she'd like to come back here the next time we're in Cozumel.

More "Secrets of the Caribbean": http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

First-hand information on excursions we've taken in 24 Caribbean ports. With photos!

Edited by CaribbeanBound