Room Service

So, to sum it up:

• No charge for any room service during "normal" hours, except the usual cost for items that you would pay for everywhere on the ship (alcohol, soda).
  • There is a charge for "after-hours" delivery - per order, not per person or item.
  • Please tip your delivery person at time of delivery - a buck or 2 won't kill you. (perhaps $5 for a very large order).
  • Don't feed the troll.

That about cover it?

:):):)

so, to sum it up:

• no charge for any room service during "normal" hours, except the usual cost for items that you would pay for everywhere on the ship (alcohol, soda).
  • there is a charge for "after-hours" delivery - per order, not per person or item.
  • please tip your delivery person at time of delivery - a buck or 2 won't kill you. (perhaps $5 for a very large order).
  • don't feed the troll.

that about cover it?

:):):)

Summed it up very nicely! Thank you ;)

So, to sum it up:

• No charge for any room service during "normal" hours, except the usual cost for items that you would pay for everywhere on the ship (alcohol, soda).
  • There is a charge for "after-hours" delivery - per order, not per person or item.
  • Please tip your delivery person at time of delivery - a buck or 2 won't kill you. (perhaps $5 for a very large order).
  • Don't feed the troll.

That about cover it?

PS: I have to agree - a buck or two will not kill you :p

Note that in standard cabins there is not much space to eat. I've even read that the coffee tables in the Navigator (my next ship) have been removed. A balcony is nice for eating, but even the standard balconies are not very big. I'm usually more comfortable at a dining place for eating, like Cafe Promenade or the buffet. Of course there are large suites with dining tables, but then these are big bucks.

Edited by Jimnbigd

Before we cruise we always get $25 of one dollar bills and put them in an envelope marked "Room Service Tips", put the envelope in the room safe so we always have $1 bills at the ready for room service attendant. We usually only order coffee in the morning and give $2.

And if I were you I wouldn't bother tipping room service. Save it and have a gin and tonic later :-)

that's a pretty stingy attitude. the people running RS orders back and forth are doing it out of their limited free time in the hopes of earning a few measly extra bucks.

while SOME of the late night fee for RS may be considered a tip for the runner, it is definitely not the entire amount and a large order takes up a lot of space and time not mention coordination.

if you have to decide between another drink, and a 2 dollar room servicee tip, maybe you have an alcohol related problem...

We have teens that have cruised since they were toddlers. They now have their own cabin (across from us). Even THEY know to tip room service for the delivery. They have always loved to have a snack delivered at night after they are required to be back in their cabin. The do the same as they've seen us do for years. One dollar bills are put in an envelope in the cabin for easy access. They call room service and depending on the size of the order, they tip between $3-5. If they don't have the money for the tip, they can't order room service. It's just common decency and respect for the staff.

Here is my favorite "tip" about room service tipping:

You know the little plastic cards that say "please make up my room" and "do not disturb"?

You know the little plastic holder on or near the back of your cabin door where the are stored?

When you place your room service order, put the tip there at the same time.

When you open the door for the delivery person: The tip is right there!

:)

That $3.95 charge is the tip for late night deliveries....people would order, then fall asleep and not answer the door! No charge for normal daytime/evening hours!

Sorry but this is bad info and not correct...:rolleyes:

For the umpteenth time she has posted the same wrong information about tipping, among other things.:( She will never see that she is wrong because she posts and never comes back to see that she has been corrected. Sea gull poster for sure.:p

Here is my favorite "tip" about room service tipping:

You know the little plastic cards that say "please make up my room" and "do not disturb"?

You know the little plastic holder on or near the back of your cabin door where the are stored?

When you place your room service order, put the tip there at the same time.

When you open the door for the delivery person: The tip is right there!

:)

That is a great idea. Never thought of it but will do on cruise in November on FOS. Thanks. :)

OK, I'll bite. If you aren't going to tip, then just go to the cafes and buffets yourself, bring down a plate, and pay yourself back. Chances are that would be faster anyway. If you are asking someone to do that for you, it's polite to tip.

Otherwise, we do the same thing with tipping (leave money in a central location by the door). If we can't afford to tip, then we really shouldn't be cruising until we have more saved.

Edited by rutgersgirl27

So, to sum it up:

• Don't feed the troll.

That about cover it?

Good summation, however, I don't believe you can even order alcohol for room service delivery.

As for the other comments, you are spot on.

Enjoy

M

• 2 months later...

If you order room service, how does it fit in with the bev packages both for non-alcoholic, and alcoholic bevs (that are available on room service menu).

My son gets up ridiculously early in the am, usually because he is hungry, and it would be great to have his bacon eggs and milk delivered so no one has to be up and "out the door" early to procure food and drink for him.

But, if i have to pay extra for the beverages cause it is not part of the package, i want to know so it is kept to a minimum (by other kids)

And, I WILL tip anyone who brings us room service or anything else extra to the cabin. It is good to know the staff that does this work does it specifically for extra tips--I appreciate those who work hard, and recognize it individually when I am able.

If you order room service, how does it fit in with the bev packages both for non-alcoholic, and alcoholic bevs (that are available on room service menu).

My son gets up ridiculously early in the am, usually because he is hungry, and it would be great to have his bacon eggs and milk delivered so no one has to be up and "out the door" early to procure food and drink for him.

But, if i have to pay extra for the beverages cause it is not part of the package, i want to know so it is kept to a minimum (by other kids)

And, I WILL tip anyone who brings us room service or anything else extra to the cabin. It is good to know the staff that does this work does it specifically for extra tips--I appreciate those who work hard, and recognize it individually when I am able.

Drinks from room service are not included in any of the beverage packages.

However, milk is a free beverage, including milk from room service, so you don't need a beverage package to get milk from room service.

Drinks from room service are not included in any of the beverage packages.

However, milk is a free beverage, including milk from room service, so you don't need a beverage package to get milk from room service.

How about the coffee and tea on RS menu? Free/not free?

Thanks for the great info...

How about the coffee and tea on RS menu? Free/not free?

Thanks for the great info...

Coffee and tea are no extra charge from room service.

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that there is a $4 charge per order for room services orders between midnight and 5am.

Before we cruise we always get $25 of one dollar bills and put them in an envelope marked "Room Service Tips", put the envelope in the room safe so we always have $1 bills at the ready for room service attendant. We usually only order coffee in the morning and give $2.

That's a really good idea. I think I will do that on my next cruise. I am so disorganized when it comes to tip time i find myself ummaging through my pocketbook for singles.

During our last cruise, our room service staffer was so grateful for his tip and it saddened me to think that some apparently walk away empty handed after delivering heavy trays of food.