Golden Princess is coming to Australia in 2015!!

Golden Princess sails from San Francisco to Sydney on 19/09/2015, and returns ex Melbourne to Los Angeles on 17/04/2016.

Australian, New Zealand & South Pacific itineraries ex Melbourne for Golden Princess should be out between 13/05 and 20/05/14 .

Thanks for this. I have been wondering when we can book the transpacific.:)

Karryl

This is the itinerary for the Alaska cruise prior to her coming to oz. Is this a reasonable itinerary for Alaska or are there better?

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Wed Sep 9 San Francisco, CA 4:00pm

Thu Sep 10 At Sea

Fri Sep 11 At Sea

Sat Sep 12 Juneau, AK 1:00pm 10:00pm

Sun Sep 13 Skagway, AK 7:00am 8:30pm

Mon Sep 14 Glacier Bay National Park, AK (Cruising) 6:00am 3:00pm

Tue Sep 15 Ketchikan, AK 8:00am 6:00pm

Wed Sep 16 At Sea

Thu Sep 17 Victoria, BC, Canada 7:00am 2:00pm

Fri Sep 18 At Sea

Sat Sep 19 San Francisco, CA 7:00am

Sorry Sliverwillow I don't know if this is the best itinerary but was wondering if the very last cruises of the Alaskan Season would be effected by the weather becomming colder. That is can the ships still get in everwhere or do they have to be careful how far they enter some narrower areas due to the water freezing. I have no idea as I have never been to Alaska.

Perhaps I should ask this question on the Princess area if we decide to book the previous cruise to the transpacific crossing.

Karryl

you wont be able to book until its official and online

Thanks Rkmw.

Hopefully it wont take them too long to make it official and get it online.

I have a FCC burning a hole in my pocket:D

Karryl

Sorry Sliverwillow I don't know if this is the best itinerary but was wondering if the very last cruises of the Alaskan Season would be effected by the weather becomming colder. That is can the ships still get in everwhere or do they have to be careful how far they enter some narrower areas due to the water freezing. I have no idea as I have never been to Alaska.

Perhaps I should ask this question on the Princess area if we decide to book the previous cruise to the transpacific crossing.

Karryl

Last September when there it was around 14degC, no icing etc,in fact in Glacier bay the Captain told us this was the closest they had been able to get to the glacier in years.

Also being the end of the season all shops were selling items half price.

Last September when there it was around 14degC, no icing etc,in fact in Glacier bay the Captain told us this was the closest they had been able to get to the glacier in years.

Also being the end of the season all shops were selling items half price.

Safety concerns may stop the ships from getting close (or all the way into the Bay) but the cruise season is still a long way away the bay becoming totally blocked. :D

Safety concerns may stop the ships from getting close (or all the way into the Bay) but the cruise season is still a long way away the bay becoming totally blocked. :D

The reason we were able to get right up to the glacier(which is at the very end of the bay) was because there was less ice last season, global warning??

Yes you're correct the icing starts sometime after the cruise season.:)

Edited by yatchet

The reason we were able to get right up to the glacier(which is at the very end of the bay) was because there was less ice last season, global warning??

Yes you're correct the icing starts long after the cruise season.:)

We also were able to get very close in 2012 (last cruise of the season), I suppose with the glaciers retreating so fast, it will only improve the access and make the season longer.:D

This from Wiki.

According to National Park Service statistics for calendar year 2009, 444,653 people visited Glacier Bay, with 422,919 of those being cruise ship passengers.

Interesting, I suppose they are lower due to only two cruise ships being allowed per day into the bay.:D

Thanks all its definitely something to consider.

I just received an email from an american travel agent we booked through once and it looks like I can book the Golden Princess through them now. This is the transpacific itinerary:

-Sep-15 Sat

28 nights

South Pacific

Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific

SAN FRANCISCO, Honolulu, Maui (Lahaina), Tahiti (Papeete), Bora Bora, Pago Pago, Cross International Date Line, Auckland, Wellington, Akaroa, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, SYDNEY

Not sure how I feel about NZ in early Oct.

18-Oct-15

Sun

GOLDEN

South Pacific

New Caledonia & Vanuatu

SYDNEY, Lifou, Noumea, Mystery Island, Vila, Mare, SYDNEY

28 oct

Australia & New Zealand

Australia Getaway

SYDNEY, MELBOURNE

30-Oct-15

Fri

GOLDEN

South Pacific

New Caledonia & Vanuatu

MELBOURNE, Noumea, Lifou, Champagne Bay, Vila, Mystery Island, Isle of Pines, MELBOURNE

12-Nov-15

Thu

GOLDEN

Australia & New Zealand

New Zealand

MELBOURNE, Auckland, Tauranga, Gisborne, Wellington, Akaroa, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, MELBOURNE

You can also do this one:

28-Oct-15

Wed

GOLDEN

5532A

South Pacific

New Caledonia & Vanuatu

SYDNEY, Melbourne, Noumea, Lifou, Champagne Bay, Vila, Mystery Island, Isle Of Pines, MELBOURNE

It does a few tasmanian cruises as well as the nz run listed above.

19-Apr-16

Tue

GOLDEN

South Pacific

SYDNEY, Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Akaroa, Wellington, Auckland, Pago Pago, Bora Bora, Tahiti (Papeete), Honolulu, LOS ANGELES

you can also do a 30 nighted on the above cruise if you leave from Melbourns.

Christmas cruise on the Golden:

21-Dec-15

Mon

GOLDEN

Australia & New Zealand

New Zealand

MELBOURNE, Auckland, Tauranga, Gisborne, Wellington, Akaroa, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, MELBOURNE

Edited by silverwillow

This one is the one I would like to do! Mare and Champagne Bay in one cruise yes please.

8-Mar-16

Tue

GOLDEN

South Pacific

New Caledonia & Vanuatu

MELBOURNE, Mare, Mystery Island, Vila, Champagne Bay, Wala, Luganville, MELBOURNE

This one is the one I would like to do! Mare and Champagne Bay in one cruise yes please.

8-Mar-16

Tue

GOLDEN

South Pacific

New Caledonia & Vanuatu

MELBOURNE, Mare, Mystery Island, Vila, Champagne Bay, Wala, Luganville, MELBOURNE

I cant find any of the itineraries for the golden after the one september the 9th

Very interested in this one.

19-Apr-16

Tue

GOLDEN

South Pacific

SYDNEY, Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Akaroa, Wellington, Auckland, Pago Pago, Bora Bora, Tahiti (Papeete), Honolulu, LOS ANGELES

you can also do a 30 nighted on the above cruise if you leave from Melbourne.

Thanks for posting them. Does anyone know where it goes to after Los Angeles?

chez

Hello Folks

I must say that this cruise will win me over

Melbourne -- Mare ---Mystery Island --Port Vila -- Champagne Bay --Wala --Luganville --- Melbourne

14 Nights

just waiting for the fares but almost sure we will grab this one

Regards

john

Hello Folks

I must say that this cruise will win me over

Melbourne -- Mare ---Mystery Island --Port Vila -- Champagne Bay --Wala --Luganville --- Melbourne

14 Nights

just waiting for the fares but almost sure we will grab this one

Regards

john

I like it but will be cruising elswhere already, I hope they repeat this itinerary. :D

Very interested in this one.

19-Apr-16

Tue

GOLDEN

South Pacific

you can also do a 30 nighted on the above cruise if you leave from Melbourne.

Thanks for posting them. Does anyone know where it goes to after Los Angeles?

chez

I would say Alaska but that means a 20MAY start for Alaska by the time it gets to San Fran, Seattle or Vancouver

Could be Hawaii or Coastal runs / Mexico, but too late for anything else.

I have just booked the 9th September Alaska cruise on Golden Princess for 2015 out of San Francisco. It is my intention to immediately book the repositioning cruise the moment it goes on sale.

By working peculiar hours claiming penalty rates and higher amounts of annual leave I am likely to just have enough time and cash to do this cruise next year.

That will mean a 13 month cruise and travel drought of absolutely no travel for me prior.

I have just booked the 9th September Alaska cruise on Golden Princess for 2015 out of San Francisco. It is my intention to immediately book the repositioning cruise the moment it goes on sale.

By working peculiar hours claiming penalty rates and higher amounts of annual leave I am likely to just have enough time and cash to do this cruise next year.

That will mean a 13 month cruise and travel drought of absolutely no travel for me prior.

That is a long time without leave. I used to be able to cope but now anything more than 6 months has me chomping at the first sale that comes along.:D