Changing C&A Levels?

I'm currently Platinum with 38 completed cruise points. If these points are generated "per day," I'll be at 52 points following our next voyage, which is a back-to-back (14 days). That will put me just 3 points (days) shy of Emerald status.

My daughter and I are looking at a 4 or 5 nighter sometime this winter. Would I become Emerald on that cruise, or would it take affect on the one after that?

(Hopefully that makes sense!)

Also, curious what the "Welcome Gift/Amenity" and choice of beverage is? Free cocktail for reaching Emerald? (We used to get a little gift; tote bag or something when we were gold. Is it the same type of "amenity?")

I'm currently Platinum with 38 completed cruise points. If these points are generated "per day," I'll be at 52 points following our next voyage, which is a back-to-back (14 days). That will put me just 3 points (days) shy of Emerald status.

My daughter and I are looking at a 4 or 5 nighter sometime this winter. Would I become Emerald on that cruise, or would it take affect on the one after that?

(Hopefully that makes sense!)

Also, curious what the "Welcome Gift/Amenity" and choice of beverage is? Free cocktail for reaching Emerald? (We used to get a little gift; tote bag or something when we were gold. Is it the same type of "amenity?")

Your status will be updated only after you complete a cruise.

No alcoholic drinks in the welcome gift until D+. You will have a choice of soft drinks, juices, or water.

The tote bags, hats etc are long gone. You'll get a fancy looking box that has a small bag of dried fruit and a small bag of cookies:D And one can of soda/bottle of water etc per member.

Yes indeed. Still getting those pitiful perks ourselves as we are just short of reaching Diamond Plus. By then, RCI will have taken pretty much everything away.:( RCI please do not touch the balcony discount at least.

The tote bags, hats etc are long gone. You'll get a fancy looking box that has a small bag of dried fruit and a small bag of cookies:D And one can of soda/bottle of water etc per member.

Yikes. Oh well, not that I need another hat or tote bag, but wow.

Hopefully they leave that balcony discount alone.

Which I find to be inedible

jc

I had the same question about changing CA levels. On Carnival, if you accrue enough points to change the level mid-cruise, they give you credit for the new level at the beginning of the cruise. No so with Royal, I see. Oh well. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice.

I had the same question about changing CA levels. On Carnival, if you accrue enough points to change the level mid-cruise, they give you credit for the new level at the beginning of the cruise. No so with Royal, I see. Oh well. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice.

The only level that Royal routinely recognizes when attained during a cruise is Pinnacle Club.

Those bags of cookies and candy are sitting on a wad of shredded card almost like a nest. I searched diligently but never found a diamond ring.

A few weeks ago I realized I never got a pin for Platinum or Emerald status, and now I read that I've missed out on soft drinks and useful little boxes of inedible snacks?

FOR THE LOVE OF NEPTUNE, WHEN WILL THE DISSING END???!! :eek:

(Just kidding, for those who take every word here literally. :) )

The last time I sailed with NCL was my 24th cruise with them and I must have hit some grand milestone. I received a beautifully wrapped heavy acrylic picture frame in a leather stand, a gold NCL pin with a diamond-chip-like substance in the middle, and scrumptious little plates of snacks delivered every afternoon. And the concierge was dropping by constantly asking what she could do for me, even though I was in an inside cabin.

So far on RCCL, I've gotten bupkus (OK, I lie, a few $100 balcony discounts). And I'll hit Diamond after the first night on my upcoming Grandeur cruise, not that it will do me any good.

We are currently Platinum and will become Emerald after our B2B this September. For the life of me I cannot figure out why they even bother with Emerald since it really has almost no additional perks attached. Maybe they think it will motivate you to keep going to Diamond or something. I've been told that NCL and Princess treat their past passengers much better than RCI/Celebrity.