Liberty coming to NJ--sailing from Florida??

It's open for booking now on Cruising Power, but is not yet on the public RCI site. I called my TA this morning and was STUNNED at the prices -- seemed like more per day than Quantum, for the first 10 night and 9 night cruise. We're talking over $200pp per day for a standard balcony.

I really hope that's a mistake! I'm going on Liberty next week and we paid about $250 pp per day for an Owner's Suite! We were hoping to take my mom on her first ever cruise next year to Bermuda (on Quantum, but Liberty would do just fine - she's never cruised before, so I don't think the ship will matter too much to her), but not for that price! :eek: We may have to start looking at Celebrity.

Wait til you hear the prices... :eek:

It's open for booking now on Cruising Power, but is not yet on the public RCI site. I called my TA this morning and was STUNNED at the prices -- seemed like more per day than Quantum, for the first 10 night and 9 night cruise. We're talking over $200pp per day for a standard balcony.

I'm waiting for everything to load onto the public website and am privately hoping she read me the wrong line of numbers, because the pricing was ridiculous for Liberty.

Honestly I'm not that surprised at that pricing...anytime you cruise during the summer months, you pay dearly.

I can only imagine what Quantum prices would have been at!:eek:

Honestly I'm not that surprised at that pricing...anytime you cruise during the summer months, you pay dearly.

I can only imagine what Quantum prices would have been at!:eek:

Totally understand. I should clarify though that I priced out early to mid May, which is pre-peak summer season, so there's absolutely no excuse for these prices! I didn't even inquire about the prices later in the summer! :eek:

I just called C&A and sailings on Liberty are open to book now. Prices on the Liberty are steep for the summer of 2015.

I called and this is the quote I received. I think that is with my Diamond discount.

Ship: Liberty of the Seas

Sail Date: 9/19/2015

Number of Nights and Itinerary: 5 NIGHT BERMUD

Number of Guests: 2

Stateroom Category: E3

Total Stateroom Price: $2,120.16

Gwen, nobody was paying these prices for the Quantum :). These prices are a good deal more per day than they were charging for Quantum. I'm hoping it's all just a crazy error.

I don't know what the prices are for the Liberty for an inside, which is usually what we book, but when I priced the Quantum, it was at least $1600 pp for an inside. I wasn't lucky enough to book when the itineraries were first released last year and they were lower. I would never pay $1600 for an inside cabin. I'll stick with the Grandeur for now.

Gwen :)

Here is a good laugh:

Liberty of the Seas

08/13/15 - 9 Day Caribbean

3 pax - Category E1

$7,336

I guess that means anytime in July is around $8,000.00 - or more.:rolleyes:

If prices remain like this, NCL Breakaway just may be seeing me again.;)

Royal's website shows Liberty in Galveston Oct and Nov 2015 with N/A for prices right now. Was this already mentioned in this thread ?

This is from one of the Quantum threads:

This from Cruise Industry News today:

Quantum of the Seas: Strategic Decision

"“Sometimes decisions are strategic in nature not immediately revenue driven,” commented Lisa Lutoff Perlo, executive vice president of operations for Royal Caribbean International, on a press call today, in response to questions about deploying the new Quantum of the Seas in an emerging market.

“It is all about a balance,” she said, “how we address global markets strategically.”

Chris Allen, associate vice president of itinerary planning, said that Royal Caribbean is very confident in Asia based on the Voyager and Mariner of the Seas and wants to accelerate demand and that the Quantum is a fantastic opportunity to do just that. He added that specific itineraries will be announced later.

Vicki Freed, senior vice president of sales and trade support services, said that the Quantum offers just what the Asian market wants. However, some modifications will be done when the ship transits from Cape Liberty to Shanghai on retail, gaming and galley spaces. While deployed in Asia, she said the ship will be marketed primarily to Asian markets.

Being delivered this fall, the Quantum will spend the winter season sailing from Cape Liberty (New Jersey/New York) before leaving on May 2, 2015. The Liberty of the Seas will start summer service from Cape Liberty on May 6 offering nine-night cruises to the Caribbean and five nights to Bermuda, plus fall cruises to New England and Canada.

On Nov. 12, the Liberty re-deploys to Galveston and the new Anthem of the Seas arrives in Cape Liberty, following her inaugural summer in Europe. The Anthem will be sailing seven-, 10- and 12-day cruises to the Bahamas and the Caribbean, including a new itinerary to the Western Caribbean."

Here is a good laugh:

Liberty of the Seas

3 pax - Category E1

$7,336

LOL! Thanks for the laugh Roe :D

. . .

Oh wait... they're serious? :eek:

Liberty this fall is headed to the Mediterrean. We're booked onher for a 9/14 sail. It was just announced that she will then make her way to Galvestion for the fall of 2015.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/04/17/royal-caribbean-texas-cruise/7818057/

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

Liberty this fall is headed to the Mediterrean. We're booked onher for a 9/14 sail. It was just announced that she will then make her way to Galvestion for the summer of 2015.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/04/17/royal-caribbean-texas-cruise/7818057/

Looks like Liberity replace Navigator on November 2015 in Gavelston, cannot wait .

People were willing to pay the high prices for the Quantum, so I guess they think they will pay the same for any ship that comes to Cape Liberty. :rolleyes: And they might be right. I'll stay with the Grandeur while I can. Closer to me anyway. And a much easier port for embarkation and debarkation too.

Gwen :)

I agree Gwen Baltimore Pier is easier to get to for me even tho i live in Queens

:D

Here is a good laugh:

Liberty of the Seas

3 pax - Category E1

$7,336

I can see the higher prices for Quantum since it is new and different then any of the other ships in the fleet, but these prices for a ship from two classes ago is crazy. RCCL is as good as pushing people to the Breakaway and making NCL marketing easy for them.

I can see the higher prices for Quantum since it is new and different then any of the other ships in the fleet, but these prices for a ship from two classes ago is crazy. RCCL is as good as pushing people to the Breakaway and making NCL marketing easy for them.

I started hearing the NCL Book to the Caribbean Beat theme song as I read Roe's post... :D:p

Total bait and switch!!!! Liberty prices are insane. They have to be a joke. We are done after our last explorer trip in june with RCCL and the North east and will go back to flying to a cruise. He'll at the prices of the liberty we could fly to China to meet the Quantum. Perhaps that is the twisted rationale.

Here is a good laugh:

Liberty of the Seas

3 pax - Category E1

$7,336

I wonder what they're smoking....my single rate is close to 4 grand...that is not gonna happen.....I booked but if the rate stays sky high, I will see you on Breakaway.

I got an alert today (from the price checking website I belong to) about new itineraries on Liberty so i logged in to see them.. there was a 10 night to Bermuda & Caribbean on 10/22/15 out of Bayonne. The price for a D1 cabin was stated as $1649. Then I went to RCCL website & looked it up. The itinerary shows there as well but the prices are all listed as N/A and not available to book. I didn't think that was a bad starting price for a 10 night cruise, knowing the prices will drop the next year or so, but I'm wondering where they came up with that price if it's not on RCCL yet?

Rosie

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by browneyedgirlnb

I got an alert today (from the price checking website I belong to) about new itineraries on Liberty so i logged in to see them.. there was a 10 night to Bermuda & Caribbean on 10/22/15 out of Bayonne. The price for a D1 cabin was stated as $1649. Then I went to RCCL website & looked it up. The itinerary shows there as well but the prices are all listed as N/A and not available to book. I didn't think that was a bad starting price for a 10 night cruise, knowing the prices will drop the next year or so, but I'm wondering where they came up with that price if it's not on RCCL yet?

Rosie

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

That's a very god question.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk

Edit: prices are up on Cruising power now. That pricing is correct with no other promotional qualifiers. Total for 2 with taxes and fed is $3633,12

Edited by yj2cute

Edit: prices are up on Cruising power now. That pricing is correct with no other promotional qualifiers. Total for 2 with taxes and fed is $3633,12

Crazy prices. Guess we'll wait to sail on Liberty!

~Jacqui~ Sent from my iPhone using Forums