First Cruise- Additional Questions

Hi again and thanks for taking time to read/respond to this. I have several questions regarding my first cruise.

1. Our dinners have been booked for 8.30pm. Will we miss shows etc because of this?

2. How do you get tickets for shows/ice shows? Are these tickets limited and we need to act fast?

3. On the final night do we receive information on what time to disembark and our transfers to airport following day?

4. How much is the average beer/wine/spirit(I can then covert this to British pounds). We haven't bought a drinks package yet will wait and see when we get on the ship.

5. What brands of beer do they sell?

I will have more questions but i'll post them up later.

Thanks

It would help to know your ship and itinerary.

Shows are timed to be convenient for the two tradtional dining times. If 8:30pm is close to a late traditional dining time on your cruise, then you will be OK for shows.

Ticket distribution for ice shows varies by ship. Most have a distribution place and time announced, and you show up there to get all the tickets for your party.

If you want transfers, see Guest Services before the final night.

Hi again and thanks for taking time to read/respond to this. I have several questions regarding my first cruise.

1. Our dinners have been booked for 8.30pm. Will we miss shows etc because of this?

2. How do you get tickets for shows/ice shows? Are these tickets limited and we need to act fast?

3. On the final night do we receive information on what time to disembark and our transfers to airport following day?

4. How much is the average beer/wine/spirit(I can then covert this to British pounds). We haven't bought a drinks package yet will wait and see when we get on the ship.

5. What brands of beer do they sell?

I can help with some... it would be a good idea to specify which ship you are sailing on, as they all have slightly different methods.

1 and 2) you might miss the early shows, but can book the late shows. You should book your shows when available on the RCL site, but there are always some seats available when you board (book as soon as you board)

3) You get a disembarkment package on the 2nd last night of the voyage, times and details are there. Take a search through the forum for the Cruise Compass (daily newsletter) for your ship, there have been a ton of recent reviews with the compass copied.

4) This one is hard to say, as drinks are in the $6 to $10 range, depends on what you are having. a simple rye and coke is different from a Speciality drinks. Again lots of menus have been posted in reviews recently (Megacruiser has a outstanding post about the Oasis, FamilygoBoston has a very imformative one on the Allure)

5) Mostly American, and big international beers, few niche beers, but depends on the ship, and how much they carry with them. I have seen Strongbow on some ships.

Have a great time!

We're not big drinkers so we never buy a drink package because, for us, it's not cost effective - we just pay for our drinks as we go.

We do buy (on embarkation day) a wine package for dinner. If we don't finish the bottle that night we can have them save it in the MDR for the next night or take what's left back to the cabin.

:)

Although not an expert will give my info. Late or early dinner, the shows are scheduled so you miss nothing. Late dinning usually goes to the early show before dinner.

As far as I know you only need tickets for Ice show, except on Oasis class when reservations can be had through RCI on line.

Yes you do get departure info a day ahead.

Cruised last month and common mixed drinks were $8 plus 15% tip. Think can soda was 2.50 plus 15%.

Although not a beer drinker, they have lots.

Would suggest you go to the Roll Call board and join in on your ship and date. Will get lots of info and you can ask questions pertaining to your ship/ports/tours, etc.

Happy Cruisin.

I can answer some of your questions.

1. The shows are usually scheduled for twice daily so it will coordinate with your dinner time.

2. The regular shows do not require a ticket although this may depend on which ship you are on. Just show up at the theater and take a seat. Tickets are given out for the ice shows. You will receive info about where and when to get the tickets.

3. All the information you need to know about getting off the ship will be left in your cabin near the end of the cruise. If you already bought transfers they will tell you where to go.

4. Wine runs $8-$9/glass or more depending on what you drink.

5. I don't know about the price of beer.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by Marie51

Thanks for the extremely quick replies.

That's good to know shows are on to suit dinner times and that theres no tickets required. $6 a beer is not too bad when converted.

Yes we already have transfers arranged, ta arranged that and told us a rc rep will keep us right.

I'm on the adventure of the seas on a baltic cruise.

Welcome to the addictive world of cruising! Make sure you join your Roll Call!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=256

This is where you 'chat' with others on board, and can organise private excursions etc. Good to feel like you 'know' people before you get on your floating city!

Edited by little britain

A tip about the shows, if you have say a 10 pm show, let your waiter know so he can get you out on time, since you'd want to leave by 9:30 or so. Otherwise he might assume you just want to take your time, particularly if you've done that on other nights.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Forums mobile app

Edited by fluffysue

Ah so are the shows on at the same time and are they on every night? We only received the option of going for dinner at 6pm or 8.30pm, just hope we aren't going to miss too many shows or have to shovel dinners down our necks to make it.

Meant to ask this as well, is the ice show free? Can this only be booked once on board?

Is it just gym equipment, sauna, steam room etc that is free? Fitness classes carry a hefty charge?

Ah so are the shows on at the same time and are they on every night? We only received the option of going for dinner at 6pm or 8.30pm, just hope we aren't going to miss too many shows or have to shovel dinners down our necks to make it.

Meant to ask this as well, is the ice show free? Can this only be booked once on board?

Is it just gym equipment, sauna, steam room etc that is free? Fitness classes carry a hefty charge?

There is usually a show every night. The times may vary, but they will still be convenient for the traditional dining times.

The ice show is free, you can only get tickets on board, and they will tell you how to get tickets.

You are correct about the fitness center. All no extra charge, except most classes. There is usually one early morning class that is no extra charge.

Edited by clarea

Dont worry about missing the shows as they always schedule them around the standard dinner times. If you have early dinner your show will always follow dinner. If you have late dinner sometimes the show will be before dinner and sometimes after. On the rare occasions that there is only one show they schedule it so that it does not interfere with either dinner seating.

As you are on Adventure (often referred to as AOS) there are no reservations for any of the shows. The only restrictions are for the ice shows as there is limited seating. They will let you know if you need tickets, and if so where and when to get them. (some ships hand out tickets at prescribed places and times, some just go by the muster station number that is printed on your card). Either way, you can always go to any show on a "standby" basis.

Enjoy! and welcome to our addiction :)

Steve